Fin Fans STEP UP! Finally! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin Fans STEP UP! Finally!

Coral Reefer

Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org
Reaction score
I was at the game today and before the game even started, something jumped out at me.

There weren't HALF the number of Jets fans as there usually are.
The Dolphins actually had home field advantage at a Jet game in Miami. There are usually vast seas of gang green in sections. Not this year folks. Dolphin fans actually bought up all the tix and showed up on top of it! We got to the stadium at 10 am to tailgate and the entire parking lot was already almost entirely full.
Big step for the Fins today playing near perfect football against their nemesis. It was just as big a step for Dolphin fans today showing that there is a good fan base and this year, with the addition of Williams, it is growing.

A+ to the Fins
A+ to the fans

WooHoo Ding Dong the Jet hex is dead!
:D

Originally posted by Trekbiz
I was at the game today and before the game even started, something jumped out at me.

The Dolphins actually had home field advantage at a Jet game in Miami. There are usually vast seas of gang green in sections. Not this year folks. Dolphin fans actually bought up all the tix and showed up on top of it! We got to the stadium at 10 am to tailgate and the entire parking lot was already almost entirely full.
Big step for the Fins today playing near perfect football against their nemesis. It was just as big a step for Dolphin fans today showing that there is a good fan base and this year, with the addition of Williams, it is growing.

A+ to the Fins
A+ to the fans

I wrote something similar on another board earlier today. It was a GREAT FEELING to only see some scattered Puke Green and White Jerseys!

And how about the NOICE? I was wondering if the fans watching on the Tube could hear us?

Hats off to the fans today for sure! It was also good to see a lot of us stay for the WHOLE GAME!!!!

Hey don't you think?

... if the Dolphins were losing some of those ppl would have removed their Dolphins jersey to show everyone who their FAV team really was?

I've seen ppl do that before.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Ozzy

I wrote something similar on another board earlier today. It was a GREAT FEELING to only see some scattered Puke Green and White Jerseys!

And how about the NOICE? I was wondering if the fans watching on the Tube could hear us?

Hats off to the fans today for sure! It was also good to see a lot of us stay for the WHOLE GAME!!!!

Re: Hey don't you think?

Originally posted by Oliver
... if the Dolphins were losing some of those ppl would have removed their Dolphins jersey to show everyone who their FAV team really was?

Oliver...

can you guys figure this out? why so many empty seats when second half starts up? is everyone inside some bar or something? i mean, like never is there anyone around and it takes like the first five minutes to see people back in there seats. also the upper deck is nothing but a sea of orange ....empty seats. i dont understand how it can be sold out and noone is in there seats all the time??:sleep:

The seats are empty when the third quarter starts because it is too hard to walk back to your seat with the five or six beers you've got lined up because they stop selling booze at the start of the third. Yesterday I decided that I would get a good buzz before the game and just drink water during the game. I was actually in my seat when they kicked off to start the second half, and I can even remember every detail about the game because I wasn't hammered. I even made it to work on time today without the usual side effects of sun stroke/dehydration/ alcohol poisoining. Hell, I even remember some of the classic comments made by Mad Dog on the headphones. My favorite was "Herman Edwards has a look on his face like he just woke up in a bed next to Roseanne Barr". Ricky's run, Oronde's catch, JT's sack/strip/recovery, all of the little hookers running around half naked.... what a fantastic , fantastic day!!!!

You got that right, jack!
What a great day!!!
Tailgating in Camry west 30

I met a fellow finheaven junky, Miamian....great guy....can't wait to see him at the Raiders game....he was a real enthusiastic fan!! He was yelling as loud as I was....and that says alot because my voice is GONE!!!.....if I HAD to call for HELP right now, I'd be in trouble! No one would hear me!!!

around halftime I got a call from my cousin...he said that the seats next to him were empty....(no shows, probably Jet fans....I never asked) and that My girlfriend and I could come down there. So I had to bail on Miamian and Muck's little bro, AJ, who was just as loud as Miamian and me....(.come to think of it, we WERE an active bunch....HIghfiving, screaming, waving towels,booing, whistling....and any other noises we could think of!LOL.) and improve my seats by about a hundred rows! We went from sec 447, row 29! to sec 107 row 15......not bad! I was watching for extra seats to open up so I could get Miamian and AJ down there too but nothing ever did. Sorry guys.
That section was pumped!! I had a great time.....The funniest part of the day....was after Ricky's long touchdown run, I went to highfive the guy behind me and I completely missed his hand....and SMACKED HIS GLASSES RIGHT OFF HIS FACE!!! They went flying!It was perfect, I didn't even touch HIM...... I couldn't do it again, If my life depended on it....We laughed our butts off about that one...I retreived his glasses for him.... Hey, it was the least i could do, right?

Any way....we had a few J-E-T-S SUCK! SUCK! SUCK! chants that were LOUD LOUD, I was wondering if you could hear them on TV?
Any body hear them the way we heard the other chant last year?

i didn't go to the game, but i watched it. Man was it loud there.
And when they showed the blimp shot, the whole freegin' parking lot was full!! I love it. There were a lot of Phins fan that day. I hardly saw any green and white. What a day it was!!!

I watched the whole game as I do for every game :) and I never heard a J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK chant, but then again the TV wasn't that loud....

It was thundering after the RW TD. I think it should have been louder during Jets huddels. I also dont think CBS crews do Miami fans as much justice as they do other teams. They always show the bad like empty seats but never the good like the crowd going crazy. I hate CBS. Fox puts them to shame.

Originally posted by inFINSible
You got that right, jack!
What a great day!!!
Tailgating in Camry west 30

I met a fellow finheaven junky, Miamian....great guy....can't wait to see him at the Raiders game....he was a real enthusiastic fan!! He was yelling as loud as I was....and that says alot because my voice is GONE!!!.....if I HAD to call for HELP right now, I'd be in trouble! No one would hear me!!!

around halftime I got a call from my cousin...he said that the seats next to him were empty....(no shows, probably Jet fans....I never asked) and that My girlfriend and I could come down there. So I had to bail on Miamian and Muck's little bro, AJ, who was just as loud as Miamian and me....(.come to think of it, we WERE an active bunch....HIghfiving, screaming, waving towels,booing, whistling....and any other noises we could think of!LOL.) and improve my seats by about a hundred rows! We went from sec 447, row 29! to sec 107 row 15......not bad! I was watching for extra seats to open up so I could get Miamian and AJ down there too but nothing ever did. Sorry guys.
That section was pumped!! I had a great time.....The funniest part of the day....was after Ricky's long touchdown run, I went to highfive the guy behind me and I completely missed his hand....and SMACKED HIS GLASSES RIGHT OFF HIS FACE!!! They went flying!It was perfect, I didn't even touch HIM...... I couldn't do it again, If my life depended on it....We laughed our butts off about that one...I retreived his glasses for him.... Hey, it was the least i could do, right?

Any way....we had a few J-E-T-S SUCK! SUCK! SUCK! chants that were LOUD LOUD, I was wondering if you could hear them on TV?
Any body hear them the way we heard the other chant last year?

Good "you are there" description, inFINS. I enjoyed reading that.

Oh, there were the J-E-T-S suck suck suck chants. I heard them all day long. But yes, very few Jets fans there. I think we scared em away. My friend was gonna bring a friend who is a Jets fan to the game, but he didn't go because he was afraid he would get beat up if he wore his jets jersey. The crowd was loud, but it wasn't any more special than any other game. But for the first time in years, there were actually more fans at a Marlins game than Jets fans at the Phins/Jets game in Miami. I haven't seen that in a LONG time.

Let me say this...

... as much as I jump all over the Miami fan base there is a GREAT base of fans there. Think of it, the Dolphins always sell out games, just not in time for TV sometimes. But the base is GREAT, the real fans, not the bandwagon fans. The only reason they were all there was because the small majority are simply front running, I hope they enjoy the ride.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Trekbiz

A+ to the Fins
A+ to the fans

i think the only reason there werent as many jets fans as usual is because they knew there were going to lose the game so didnt even want to be there.

i was in florida and still am till wednesday on some business but i went to the game on sunday and i was right behind the jets side and i saw this one guy with a half and half jersey with dolphins and jets. i went up to the guy and asked him how come he had that kind of jersey and he said to me "i like both teams so i dont want to come to a game and choose a team" i went back to him and said "then you arent a football fan if you have 2 favorite teams" he shut up after that because he was like 60 years old and like 10 minutes later these other guys around us threw water at him and told him to pick a team now or he will get more and guess what? he decided to pick the dolphins and sat there the whole game cheering for them.

but anways, dolphins won like usual and i was happy. i think they got a good shot at the superbowl.

http://runrickyrun.com its a website created by dolphins runningback ricky williams himself. so check that out if you dont have it yet.

Re: Hey don't you think?

Originally posted by Oliver

Oliver...

Yes, I've seen this before but it not in the thousands, and that's how many Jets fans were missing at Joe Robbie on Sunday. It was a real good feeling to see this. But I'll bet my last dollar that the Pats fans will be plentiful.

Back
Top Bottom