Fin_Frenzy_84 2014 mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin_Frenzy_84 2014 mock draft

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Resign

Brent Grimes CB
Paul Soliai DT
Tyson Clabo or Bryant Mckinnie OT (Who ever is cheaper)

Restructure

Dimitri Patterson CB
Matt Moore QB

Cut

Daniel Thomas

Free Agents

Branden Albert OT
Zane Beadles OG
Maurice Jones-Drew RB
T.J. Ward FS

Draft-

Trade back a few spots and get a extra 3rd

1st-Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington
2nd-Cyril Richardson G Baylor
3rd-Shayne Skov ILB Stanford
3rd-Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers
4th-James Hurst OT North Carolina
5th-Antonio Andrews RB WKU
6th-Ricardo Allen CB Purdue
7th-Eathyn Manumaleuna DT BYU

Lineup

Offense-
QB-Tannehill
RB-Miller,Jones-Drew/Andrews
TE-Seferian-Jenkins,Clay
WR-Wallace,Hartline,Gibson, Matthews,Coleman
LT-Albert
LG-Beadles
C-Pouncey
RG-Richardson
RT-Clabo or Mckinnie (Until Hurst is able to play)

Defense-
DE-Jordan/Vernon
DT-Odrick
DT-Starks
DE-Wake
OLB-Skov
ILB-Ellerbe
OLB-Misi
CB-Grimes/Patterson/Taylor/Davis/Allen
FS-Ward
SS-Jones

It's not that I don't like the players, I just think this draft needs to be all about the run game, I just dont see that here.

No doubt this draft and free agency period needs to be all about upgrading this offensive line. Don't reach on a TE in the 1st. If we can bring in Albert via free agency, I'd like to see O-line and LB/S come off the board in the first 3 picks. We need a playmaker at LB, we flat out do not have one.

No doubt this draft and free agency period needs to be all about upgrading this offensive line. Don't reach on a TE in the 1st. If we can bring in Albert via free agency, I'd like to see O-line and LB/S come off the board in the first 3 picks. We need a playmaker at LB, we flat out do not have one.

I have a Richardson and Skov in our first three picks

It's not that I don't like the players, I just think this draft needs to be all about the run game, I just dont see that here.

Fixing the line helps the run game.

Jones-Drew is not as good as he once was but he would bring us good blocking and hands out of the back field.

Also no need to draft a running back high when running backs are found all throughout the draft.

Resign

Brent Grimes CB
Paul Soliai DT
Tyson Clabo or Bryant Mckinnie OT (Who ever is cheaper)

Restructure

Dimitri Patterson CB
Matt Moore QB

Cut

Daniel Thomas

Free Agents

Branden Albert OT
Zane Beadles OG
Maurice Jones-Drew RB
T.J. Ward FS

Draft-

Trade back a few spots and get a extra 3rd

1st-Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington
2nd-Cyril Richardson G Baylor
3rd-Shayne Skov ILB Stanford
3rd-Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers
4th-James Hurst OT North Carolina
5th-Antonio Andrews RB WKU
6th-Ricardo Allen CB Purdue
7th-Eathyn Manumaleuna DT BYU

Lineup

Offense-
QB-Tannehill
RB-Miller,Jones-Drew/Andrews
TE-Seferian-Jenkins,Clay
WR-Wallace,Hartline,Gibson, Matthews,Coleman
LT-Albert
LG-Beadles
C-Pouncey
RG-Richardson
RT-Clabo or Mckinnie (Until Hurst is able to play)

Defense-
DE-Jordan/Vernon
DT-Odrick
DT-Starks
DE-Wake
OLB-Skov
ILB-Ellerbe
OLB-Misi
CB-Grimes/Patterson/Taylor/Davis/Allen
FS-Ward
SS-Jones

Agree with the resign players, i would not restructure patterson, I would release him. Too much time on the sidelines for my liking. thomas could be traded for a 6th, but he doesnt offer much more than that. I agree with signing Beadles, but Albert, not so sure. Yes he had a great year, but his asking price may be too high and I think he is getting on in age a bit. MJD I believe is past his best. similar to ray Rice in Baltimore,. Both had down years, and thats due mainly to wear and tear.

regarding the draft, I would take Moseley from bama if available with our first, but doubt that he would be there. If nhe is gone, then the best G or LT/Rt in the 1st and Skov in the 2nd, because there is zero chance he will be there in the 3rd. If we land Moselely,not only will be stunned that he fell that far, I would trade up for Cyril Richardson with our 2nd pick.

I wouldn't count on either McKinnie nor Clabo to be anything more than backups at this point. Penciling either in as a starter is a HUGE gamble with their age and now limited ability.

Cyril Richardson is one of the more overrated prospects in this draft. Baylor olineman have been a real success in the NFL (see: Jason Smith, Danny Watkins, JD Walton)

Back
Top Bottom