Fin_Frenzy_84 (5 round mock draft) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin_Frenzy_84 (5 round mock draft)

To be fair, Jordan is so gifted physically for his size, they have him in coverage alot covering large areas and covering guys much smaller than him.

so its not like Jordan's a designated pass rusher with his hand in the dirt on every play like some of the other pass rushers. Far from it from the games I'v'e watched

Or you could think of JPP as a player that has dominated at every level he has played, while Jordan only had 5.5 sacks his senior year in college.

you need to watch the games of people before you go throwing around stats. dion jordan is wayyyyyyy more versatile than JPP is for one.(not saying he will be better, but versatility helps) he drops back in coverage a ton and i've also seen him a few times lines up in the slot playing coverage. he does more then just line up and rush the passer.

JPP had only 6.5 sacks the one year he play college ball so....

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

In 7 games. That is a pretty good average. Almost one a game, or about twice the rate of Jordan.

you need to watch the games of people before you go throwing around stats. dion jordan is wayyyyyyy more versatile than JPP is for one.(not saying he will be better, but versatility helps) he drops back in coverage a ton and i've also seen him a few times lines up in the slot playing coverage. he does more then just line up and rush the passer.

How do you assume I don't? I am not after versitilty, give me somebody who can bring the heat, please. I will be glad to say I'm wrong on this if Dion Jordan has 10 sacks at ANY point in his NFL career. I don't think I'll have to. Dude only got half that number as a Senior in college- and I don't think the PAC is as strong as the NFL, from the games I saw this year. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me.

To be fair, Jordan is so gifted physically for his size, they have him in coverage alot covering large areas and covering guys much smaller than him.

so its not like Jordan's a designated pass rusher with his hand in the dirt on every play like some of the other pass rushers. Far from it from the games I'v'e watched

Thanks for a reasonable, thought out response. Noted.

i agree with going after one of the "big three" wr in free agency but the fact of the matter i still want a WR in the second round....with that said Pass rush is ABSOLUTELY the way we should go

LOL, not enough money to spend on all those players. Clady wants $11 mil per season...that equals what Long wants and Mike Wallace also wants $11 million per season. JerMichael Finely is still under contract and if you think the Packers will let him go without trying to trade him you're nuts. His salary is $8 million and it makes more sense to keep him and not take the cap hit.

Your dreaming if you think anything remotely like this could happen. The title to this thread should be Fantasy World...lol.

at this point we have to think that his price tag is down a little bit after an "off season" same with Bowe and Jennings, you would have to think that 8-9 would be the price tag, if not lets gear up to the draft

Really!? I guess I did not get the memo that states USF > Oregon.

I never said that. I said JPP has dominated at every level he has played, including the NFL (which he has). If you can only generate 3 sacks against PAC competition (2 of his sacks are against Fresno St and Tenn Tech), you are not going to do it at higher level.

Did you get the memo that NFL > PAC 12? That one IS an actual quote of mine, feel free to put that on your iPhone and tweet it.

Last edited by a moderator:
JPP had
1 sack against a 7-6 Florida State (4-4 ACC)
1 sack against 4-8 Syracuse (1-6 Big East)
2 sacks against 9-4 Rutgers (3-4 Big East)
.5 sacks against 4-8 Louisville (1-6 Big East)
1 sack against 9-4 Miami (5-3 ACC)
1 sack against 7-6 Northern Illinois (5-3 MAC)

1.5 garbage sacks for JPP

Dion Jordan had
1 sack against 9-4 Fresno State (7-1 MWC)
1 sack against 3-8 Tennessee Tech (1-7 OVC)
1 sack against 7-5 Washington State (5-4 Pac-12)
2 sacks against 7-5 Arizona State (5-4 Pac-12)

1 garbage sack for Dion

Now i'm not at all saying Dion will be the pass rusher JPP is but I am pretty sure Dion will be able to provide 8-10 sacks a season opposite of wake and also he Dion can drop into coverage if we needed him too. A 6'7 defender that can cover Tight Ends??? That would be a very solid pick IMO

WR -- DE -- CB

Those are the top three needs in today's NFL (once you have a QB of course).

Score touchdowns -- put pressure on the opposing QB -- stop the other teams WR's from scoring the ball.

We need at least two WR's over the off-season - either two from the draft or one FA and one from the draft. We also need at least two CB's.

I think we can get it done.

Go Fins!

JPP had
1 sack against a 7-6 Florida State (4-4 ACC)
1 sack against 4-8 Syracuse (1-6 Big East)
2 sacks against 9-4 Rutgers (3-4 Big East)
.5 sacks against 4-8 Louisville (1-6 Big East)
1 sack against 9-4 Miami (5-3 ACC)
1 sack against 7-6 Northern Illinois (5-3 MAC)

1.5 garbage sacks for JPP

Dion Jordan had
1 sack against 9-4 Fresno State (7-1 MWC)
1 sack against 3-8 Tennessee Tech (1-7 OVC)
1 sack against 7-5 Washington State (5-4 Pac-12)
2 sacks against 7-5 Arizona State (5-4 Pac-12)

1 garbage sack for Dion

Now i'm not at all saying Dion will be the pass rusher JPP is but I am pretty sure Dion will be able to provide 8-10 sacks a season opposite of wake and also he Dion can drop into coverage if we needed him too. A 6'7 defender that can cover Tight Ends??? That would be a very solid pick IMO

JPP only played 7 games. Jordan played all year. Jordan looks to me like a faster version of Eric Kumerow, although I could be wrong. If we draft him I hope damn well I am wrong, but- I wasn't wrong when I was pissed that they drafted Kumerow.

WR -- DE -- CB

Those are the top three needs in today's NFL (once you have a QB of course).

Score touchdowns -- put pressure on the opposing QB -- stop the other teams WR's from scoring the ball.

We need at least two WR's over the off-season - either two from the draft or one FA and one from the draft. We also need at least two CB's.

I think we can get it done.

Go Fins!

I agree, but we can't miss at the rate we have been. If we hit on 3 of the top 5, that would be a success in my book, and better than we have been doing.

Back
Top Bottom