Fin_Frenzy_84 (Updated Mock Draft 4-16-13) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin_Frenzy_84 (Updated Mock Draft 4-16-13)

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Going into the draft here is our team needs imo

Secondary, Pass Rush, Tackle, Red Zone Threat, Running Back, O-Line Depth, Kicker.

Here is my new mock that could possibly address alot of those needs.

1st-Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame (Would love to trade back a little and grab him but I am not going to trade back in my mock, He is a GREAT RedZone threat)
2nd-D.J. Hayden CB Houston (The kid is a flat out playmaker that we can defiantly use in our secondary)
2nd-Kyle Long T Oregon(Athletic tackle who is a bit raw but could still come in and compete day one, Howie Long said he believes that he is the best of all of his sons)
3rd-Robert Alford CB Southeastern Louisiana (Another big time playmaker, our secondary then should be able to create a lot of turnovers in this pass first league)
3rd-Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M (He is machine and could give a good rotation to our LB)
4th-Brandon Jenkins DE Florida St.(He could of been a first round pick if he did not get injured, he know how to get back to the QB)
5th-Quanterus Smith DE Western Kentucky (Another DE that can really get back to the QB but he tore his ACL late into the season and is coming from a mid major school)
5th-Earl Wartford OG James Madison (Athletic guard from a small school, could provide good O-Line depth)
7th-Dustin Hopkins K Flordia St. (Dan Carpenter???? No thank you!!!)
7th-Marquess Wilson WR Washington St. (Another great RedZone threat and he could of been a 2nd round pick if it wasn't for his off the field issues)
7th-Arby Jones DT Georgia(Next year we could be losing one of our D-Tackles, might as well get a head start to see if we can find a hidden gem to replace one of them)

A lot of people want a FS but I believe Clemons could hold it down for one more year, he actually did pretty good this year as well! I also would still love to sign Winston along with this draft!

No thanks, Eifert at 12 is such a reach. I like the Kyle long pick and the 2 corners but I think we'll be fine at TE this year. Keller, Clay, and lets see if Egnew can improve. Well he has to improve, he can't play any worse than he did last year

What if Keller gets hurt again?Clay is a hback,Egnew sux.Keller cant block and isnt a red zone threat,dont see how Eifert is a reach.

Egnew was a TE who played mostly off the line. We knew he was very raw coming out and would prob take a while to adapt. Its only his 2nd season.

We have Clay, Lane and a slot recv in BEss, if we get Egnew too how many formations are we going to run?

I would much rather pick someone who is going to be on the field the majority of the time, such as Warmack or Cooper.

Folks, we need to score at least one extra touchdown every single game of the season if we want to make the playoffs. Given there will inevitably be a few low-scoring slugfests in there, we'll have to score multiple extra TDs in multiple games, if we're to make it to the postseason. Just check the stats to confirm.

Redzone is a massive need and we need to draft guys who can compete for the ball in the compressed space of the end one.

If I have a knock on Tannehills throwing its prob a little lack of touch in those fades to the end one. We need guy who will pluck the ball out of the air and we don't have enough on the roster.

Eifert isn't the only answer, but he's a damn good one.

I really don't see Hayden falling to us in the second. If it wasn't for his heath stuff last season he'd probably be challenging Milliner for top corner.

Folks, we need to score at least one extra touchdown every single game of the season if we want to make the playoffs. Given there will inevitably be a few low-scoring slugfests in there, we'll have to score multiple extra TDs in multiple games, if we're to make it to the postseason. Just check the stats to confirm.

Redzone is a massive need and we need to draft guys who can compete for the ball in the compressed space of the end one.

If I have a knock on Tannehills throwing its prob a little lack of touch in those fades to the end one. We need guy who will pluck the ball out of the air and we don't have enough on the roster.

Eifert isn't the only answer, but he's a damn good one.

Eifert and Justin Hunter are my answers to that problem. Eifert at 6'6 and Hunter at WR at 6'4 with 4.44 speed.

Exactly, if Keller is injury prone you HAVE to take drafting a TE into consideration. Personally I like the idea of Eifert and a Kelly-Combo....

What if Keller gets hurt again?Clay is a hback,Egnew sux.Keller cant block and isnt a red zone threat,dont see how Eifert is a reach.

I would be very happy with this draft. Two good off man/zone corners, some passrusher later with some potential to go with Vernon, Wartford fits the scheme. Wilson I don't see happening character concerns, true or not would be the rub. Maybe Chris Harper for a big target later. Efiefrt is growing on me, I would be overly upset or happy just would think " nice pick, works for me". Long I think moves to guard or at least RT. I'd love to see these guys move Jerry to RT, I feel if in shape he's got the feet for it and could do it quite well.

Hopefully Hayden will fall to us in the 2nd, he's a stud.

he wont.

the cats out of the bag on him and he will not be there in the second. if we want him we will have to see if he falls to the bottom portion of the 1st round and try to trade back in. but, there are a couple teams down there who have 2 #1 pics and if they havnt used them to trade up for someone else, they will take him.

hayden is one of my top 5 players in the draft. he may be the best cb talent wise in this draft, but, the injury is the cog in all this.

i would love to have him on our team. he is special and just the enforcer we need in the secondary.

Going into the draft here is our team needs imo

Secondary, Pass Rush, Tackle, Red Zone Threat, Running Back, O-Line Depth, Kicker.

Here is my new mock that could possibly address alot of those needs.

1st-Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame (Would love to trade back a little and grab him but I am not going to trade back in my mock, He is a GREAT RedZone threat)
2nd-D.J. Hayden CB Houston (The kid is a flat out playmaker that we can defiantly use in our secondary)
2nd-Kyle Long T Oregon(Athletic tackle who is a bit raw but could still come in and compete day one, Howie Long said he believes that he is the best of all of his sons)
3rd-Robert Alford CB Southeastern Louisiana (Another big time playmaker, our secondary then should be able to create a lot of turnovers in this pass first league)
3rd-Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M (He is machine and could give a good rotation to our LB)
4th-Brandon Jenkins DE Florida St.(He could of been a first round pick if he did not get injured, he know how to get back to the QB)
5th-Quanterus Smith DE Western Kentucky (Another DE that can really get back to the QB but he tore his ACL late into the season and is coming from a mid major school)
5th-Earl Wartford OG James Madison (Athletic guard from a small school, could provide good O-Line depth)
7th-Dustin Hopkins K Flordia St. (Dan Carpenter???? No thank you!!!)
7th-Marquess Wilson WR Washington St. (Another great RedZone threat and he could of been a 2nd round pick if it wasn't for his off the field issues)
7th-Arby Jones DT Georgia(Next year we could be losing one of our D-Tackles, might as well get a head start to see if we can find a hidden gem to replace one of them)

A lot of people want a FS but I believe Clemons could hold it down for one more year, he actually did pretty good this year as well! I also would still love to sign Winston along with this draft!

I would LOVE that draft!

Everyone who keeps shopping the idea of Tyler Eifert or Tavon Austin as the Dolphins first round pick should just stop. It's absolutely not goina happen, neither will.

Nobody is talking about marquess Wilson and the kid has talent. The combo of the whole issue this year as well as some drops erased his draft stock coming into the year. But if he's there that late I'd take a shot

Back
Top Bottom