Fin_Frenzy_84 updated mock draft (4-7-13) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin_Frenzy_84 updated mock draft (4-7-13)

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
1st-Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
url.jpg

2nd-Jonathan Cyprien SS
url.png

2nd- Terron Armstead Arkansas-Pine Bluff
url.jpg

3rd- Robert Alford CB Southeastern Louisiana
url.jpg

3rd-Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M
url.jpg

4th-Devin Taylor DE South Carolina
url.jpg

5th- Kenjon Barner RB Oregon
url.jpg

5th- Quanterus Smith DE WKU
url.jpg

7th- Dustin Hopkins K Florida State
url.jpg

7th-Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
url.jpg

7th-Arby Jones DT Georgia

Rhodes dont fit scheme.O-LINE is bigger need than safety.didnt address t.e. til 7th. E for effort c- grade

I wonder if too much is being made of Rhodes not being a great fit for Miami's defense. I love his style of play, but can he adjust to a scheme that relies more on zone than man-to-man coverage? I really like the physical aspect of the secondary with Rhodes and Cyprien. That said, my personal preference would be Trufant and Reid.

Overall, I think there's a lot of talent in your mock. I like Devin Taylor and the fact that you combined him with Q. Smith. I think Taylor could emerge with the right coaching to work with him on technique. Swope would fit nicely as the slot guy for the future. Armstead has the talent to play LT so he could be an eventual steal.

Rhodes dont fit scheme.O-LINE is bigger need than safety.didnt address t.e. til 7th. E for effort c- grade

Rhodes has such a high ceiling that we would need to take him.. Zone can be taught, Athleticism and talent cannot! Now since we have Grimes who is said to be a great mentor and a great locker room guy then the Rhodes pick makes a lot of sense. I agree with O-Line but there is really no one at 2A that wouldnt be there at 2B. I also still think we should sign Clabo or Winston to go along with my mock. I do agree about TE but Fauria is really not bad and could be a steal.

Solid. But seeing how we have grimes and you drafted Rhodes at 12 (I'd prefermtrufant), I feel that if a second cb is to be drafted, should maybe wait til 5th. Bump TE to round 3 (kelce) although I agree with taking fauria in the 7th as well. I like garner at RB, but think we need more of a compliment to miller, a whosemgoing to get you tough yards.

Back
Top Bottom