Final cuts thread | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final cuts thread

Hazel and Davis would probably be the possible trades but not an easy task when you know teams have to release players. If Rishard leaves next year and Jennings doesn't return would be nice to have Hazel there, still think he has a good chance of being kept.

Alain Poupart ‏@apoupartFins
The day after the 2014 "final" roster cuts, the @MiamiDolphins claimed DBs Brandian Ross and Sammy Seamster off waivers, and cut 2 players.

Dont know how we carry 6 WRs....someone is going...cut, traded or Practice Squad

We need to keep Hazel imo. I know is hard to keep 6 WRs but you don't let good talent just go.

Ozzy rules!!

If hazel can help us in the passing game then keep him. No team has 6 productive wr

It would be smarter to trade Matthews. I don't think we can put many more resources into WR and with his pending FA next year, it makes the most sense. Hazel gives us 2 more years on his rookie deal.

If no trade can be made though, keep them both.

I am putting my money on Hazel making the team.

:brewskis: I'm with you, will gone down together if not.

Practice squad is not an option, they know better, that's why they promoted and protected him at end of last year.

It would be smarter to trade Matthews. I don't think we can put many more resources into WR and with his pending FA next year, it makes the most sense. Hazel gives us 2 more years on his rookie deal.

You make a good point to consider, these conversations are proabably going on in Davie as we speak.

Contracts are based on production and performance. Unless Matthews has a pro bowl type year his contract will be diddly squat like his production the first four years, minimal stuff. Likewise we won't be getting anything more than a 6th or 7th in a trade.

It's a good problem to have. We're loaded at WR and Dline as well.

Ozzy rules!!

I was hoping a player for player trade. Like the Benny Sapp for Camerillo deal.

I was hoping a player for player trade. Like the Benny Sapp for Camerillo deal.

Me too. A trade for another 6th or 7th rounder wouldn't really be that exciting. If they could trade a position of strength here to fill a weakness that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom