Final cuts thread | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final cuts thread

I agree. Joe is an absolute powerhouse. He has rebuilt this organization from scratch making every decsion and installing and cotrolling the staff, the system, and the personnel.

I dont know why all this is still being asked by fans. I posted several articles stating the pecking order which was given by the team, 2 of those were Tannenbaum himself saying Hickey is in charge of ALL player aquisitions and drafts, trades, free agents.

Philbin coaches the team, decides and controls his staff and decides who plays, who starts and who gets cut.

T-Bomb is vp of football operations being boss Ross foot loose. He helps ross with special projects and is point on the new sports science program. He works with Dawn Aponte on contracts, they make the money fit.

This was all given to the press a few days after T-Bombs hire. Below is a blurb from the Sun Sentinel.......... .

HICKEY still controls personel.

When Tannenbaum was surprising added to the front office by owner Steve Ross many wondered if Hickey was being demoted, undermined, or neutered.

Many speculating an impending power struggle between Tannenbaum, who is Ross' new point man in the organization, and Hickey, who has FULL CONTROL OVER THE 53 MAN ROSTER.

But Hickey went out of his way to squash all those concerns.

"My role hasn't changed. I'm still evaluating. I'm still putting together a 53-man roster," said Hickey, who admits he's been working with Tannenbaum for 11 months on various initiatives, most of them driven by Ross' infatuation with analytics and sports science. "I'm just excited about adding Mike to our team and working together with him. That's our goal.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-0122-20150121-story.html

In that article Hickey claims he is in charge of 53 yet you claim it is Philbin.

My PS would be in this order of importance (depending on claims):

Anthony Johnson
Don Jones
Christion Jones
Mike Hull
Cedric Thompson
Mike Liedtke
Jeff Luc
Tim Semisch
Sam Brenner
Jordan Tripp

My waiver claims would be:

Nick Moody
Mason Foster
Lynden Trail
Barrett Jones
Austin Davis
Durell Eskridge
Carl Bradford

Nice ps list but if the past is any indication I expect there will be some ps players that were cut by other teams.
If the Dolphins were to pick up those 7 off the waiver wire, who would you cut? Not being critical; seriously asking.

My PS would be in this order of importance (depending on claims):

Anthony Johnson
Don Jones
Christion Jones
Mike Hull
Cedric Thompson
Mike Liedtke
Jeff Luc
Tim Semisch
Sam Brenner
Jordan Tripp

My waiver claims would be:

Nick Moody
Mason Foster
Lynden Trail
Barrett Jones
Austin Davis
Durell Eskridge
Carl Bradford

Gillislee will probably be on the PS - your list doesn't have a RB on it

I dont know why all this is still being asked by fans. I posted several articles stating the pecking order which was given by the team, 2 of those were Tannenbaum himself saying Hickey is in charge of ALL player aquisitions and drafts, trades, free agents.

Philbin coaches the team, decides and controls his staff and decides who plays, who starts and who gets cut.

T-Bomb is vp of football operations being boss Ross foot loose. He helps ross with special projects and is point on the new sports science program. He works with Dawn Aponte on contracts, they make the money fit.

This was all given to the press a few days after T-Bombs hire. Below is a blurb from the Sun Sentinel.......... .

HICKEY still controls personel.

When Tannenbaum was surprising added to the front office by owner Steve Ross many wondered if Hickey was being demoted, undermined, or neutered.

Many speculating an impending power struggle between Tannenbaum, who is Ross' new point man in the organization, and Hickey, who has FULL CONTROL OVER THE 53 MAN ROSTER.

But Hickey went out of his way to squash all those concerns.

"My role hasn't changed. I'm still evaluating. I'm still putting together a 53-man roster," said Hickey, who admits he's been working with Tannenbaum for 11 months on various initiatives, most of them driven by Ross' infatuation with analytics and sports science. "I'm just excited about adding Mike to our team and working together with him. That's our goal.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-0122-20150121-story.html

Mike Tannenbaum is the boss. He is Hickey's Boss. Hickey has control of the roster . . . but I think you'd have to be blind if you don't see instances of Mike Tannenbaum's influence being sprinkled in there.

If the roster put together, fails, Hickey is the scapegoat, so yea, it's his roster. Mike Tannenbaum is given the reins to do the firing that Stephen Ross may be scared to do. That is why he was brought in. This is a similar situation to Parcells/Ireland . . . except Hickey seemingly has more control over the roster and isn't just some "head scout" like Jeff Ireland was under Parcells.

I think it's pretty naive to think Mike Tannenbaum has no input on this roster or to think he doesn't have any say in the final shape up of the roster.

And yea Mike has to be careful with his words . . . . Mike Florio is just racing to pull a Rooney Rule card out on him for circumventing the hiring process.

Gillislee will probably be on the PS - your list doesn't have a RB on it

Yeah, I just saw so many good young LB's out there I may have picked too many :lol:

Umm, Gillislee could get in over Tripp.

Nice ps list but if the past is any indication I expect there will be some ps players that were cut by other teams.
If the Dolphins were to pick up those 7 off the waiver wire, who would you cut? Not being critical; seriously asking.

I think we have 51 on the roster right now and i'm sure they're not done, so out of the entire list i'd put Moody (cut Paysinger), Eskridge (cut Kovacs), Barrett Jones (cut Linkenbach), Foster (cut Bowman), Davis and Trail on my 53. Possibly cut someone else.

WE are at exactly 53 on the roster as of this morning

I was almost certain we were below that number with the Jones and MBT cuts.. Hmm

I was almost certain we were below that number with the Jones and MBT cuts.. Hmm[/QUOTE

I can understand the confusion. Cuts came fast at the end of the day and we did not know about Christian Jones on an injury settlement. We are right at the number as of this morning

@AdamSchefter: Dallas trading for former Seattle RB Christine Michael, per league source. Michael returns to Texas, where he starred at Texas A & M.

Huh good move

Dallas trading for former Seattle RB Christine Michael, per league source. Michael returns to Texas, where he starred at Texas A & M.@AdamSchefter

Like Michael. It could be a good opportunity for him in Dallas, good line and as many carries as he can handle.

Back
Top Bottom