Final cuts thread | Page 61 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final cuts thread

Hayden..... What's the scoop on Trail? I saw his pro day workout...... But how has he played in the preseason?

Hayden..... What's the scoop on Trail? I saw his pro day workout...... But how has he played in the preseason?

No idea. Loved the athletic ability when he came out and wondered if he could actually be a TE from that body type. Longterm prospect that is for sure.

Please don't act like Philbin "developed" Lamar Miller when he has done everything he could not to get him the ball, and even had Ryan Tannehill pass the ball at a 70/30 ratio in games where Miller was averaging more per carry than Tannehill was per pass (KC last year). Miller developed in spite of Philbin, not because of him.

As for Tannehill, he has turned into a guy who looks very good and has great stats, and in three years of development has managed to win one more game than he did as a rookie, and shows an inability to convert good play into wins often enough to be a top QB so far. I think another coach can make him a winner and maybe Philbin, but he sure as hell hasn't yet. Obviously Tannehill has been brought along better than RGIII and he clearly has learned a heck of a lot about the game from the staff. But both this staff and this QB have left too many games we played well in turn into losses. Games where we had the ball and we had the ability to seal a victory, we have lost half or more. I have my doubts that the staff can teach a QB how to win a close one regularly because they don't know themselves.

Landry was the package he came in as, can't fault the staff there but he was extremely polished coming out of college and was only a second rounder because physically his upside isn't as dynamic as the guys drafted there last year.

Sims is a backup TE who is solid. Home run there.

James you really can't say much. He was a first rounder and has been solid, like Landry I'm not sure much necessarily needed developing.

They have done a good developing guys job on the defensive line. I can't fault them for that. It's a strength of our staff but it doesn't mean they don't have weaknesses.

I've seen players come in here though that the staff doesn't seem to make better, they just make worse, and its mostly in the secondary. Sure, you can act like Will Davis never had talent, but what about Vontae? It's also plenty obvious that Dion Jordan has self destructed, but it's a bit confusing how a guy who had obvious pass rush skills as a rookie but some big deficiencies elsewhere didn't even improve his deficiencies, and also somehow lost his skill.

You make some good points, but your post is completely one sided. You give him no credit, so I do not agree with you.

Please don't act like Philbin . . .

Stopped reading. The entire premise of what was said on player development was based on our "coaching staff" not Philbin alone. Your bias is garbage.

Well you know our depth sucks when I don't really miss any of the guys who were cut

I'm sorry just got home and haven't been up to date on the roster. But I didn't see Lippett, bowman or Davis cut. Do we really have that many corners? I am counting 7 corners

Guys I'd take a look at:

Anthony Steen, G/C (Cardinals)
Phillip Sims, QB (Cardinals) (PS)
Dante Rosario, TE (Bears)
Michael Ola, OL (Bears)
Ben Malena, RB (Browns)
Joseph Fauria, TE (Lions)
Carl Bradford, LB (Packers)
Raijon Neal, RB (Packers)
Ben Koyack, TE (Jaguars)
Darrin Reaves, RB (Chiefs)
Jonas Gray, RB (Patriots)
Ryan Groy, OG (Patriots)
Sean Hickey, OL (Saints)
Dustin Hopkins, K (Saints)
Jeromy Miles, S (Giants)
Charles Brown, OL (Jets)
Christian Ponder, QB (Raiders)
Isaiah Battle, OT (Rams)
Barrett Jones, C/G (Rams)
Austin Davis, QB (Rams)
Nick Novak, K (Chargers)
Robert Turbin, RB (Seahawks)
Kasen Williams, WR (Seahawks) (PS)
Connor Barth, K (Buccaneers)

If we came away with Fauria (out Lippett to PS), Michael Ola (out Linkenbach), Raijon Neal (out James) and Jeromy Miles (out Kovacs) that would be my ideal backend roster shuffle. Obviously won't make that many moves, but I'd like it.

No Mason Foster? Kovacs made the final roster? What the heck

I'm sorry just got home and haven't been up to date on the roster. But I didn't see Lippett, bowman or Davis cut. Do we really have that many corners? I am counting 7 corners

The process is still going, tomorrow they will try to add guys, they cut guys, and practice squad some.

IMO though, 6 corners is a must in today's NFL.

I see Hakeem Nicks was cut again. Lol everyone here was Clamoring for him last season. That dude is done.

I see Hakeem Nicks was cut again. Lol everyone here was Clamoring for him last season. That dude is done.

I remember Big O killing the Fins for not drafting him and instead they drafted Davis.

Joe's in charge of roster?

On this side of it, yes.

Dennis Hickey decides who is drafted and free agents and trades.

Philbin is in charge of his staff and who plays. Philbin and staff get together to decide cuts and philbin sends the list to hr and the bean counters led by dawn aponte and t-bomb to finish them off with monies owed, etc... .

Dawn Aponte and T-Bomb work the numbers. They control the cap and decide if players or free agents money demands can be met. They both did a terrific job getting all our players signed early, before all the other teams. Working out Suh's monster contract was also top notch.

My PS would be in this order of importance (depending on claims):

Anthony Johnson
Don Jones
Christion Jones
Mike Hull
Cedric Thompson
Mike Liedtke
Jeff Luc
Tim Semisch
Sam Brenner
Jordan Tripp

My waiver claims would be: