Final pieces to 2023 puzzle??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final pieces to 2023 puzzle???

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
If you could only make 3 more additions (draft/free agency combined) for the 2023 Dolphins roster what would they look like. Now those 3 pieces might not fill all the current needs, but what 3 moves do you think would have the biggest impact on moving the Dolphins even closer towards serious AFC contenders.

For example:

1 - Sign Terrence Steele from Cowboys to play rt, losing 2nd round pick due to the tender.
2 - sign free agent guard Matt Feiler
3 - select te Tyler Kroft in 3rd round of the draft.

That still leaves some depth issues at dt and de, also could use a young talented rb behind WIlson and Mostert, but again the team isn't in position to fill all needs this offseason. Now if they could find away to add a draft pick and select rb Abanikanda and sign fa Poona Ford as dt depth too, that would be a dream.

Got to get that Tuli Tuipulotu guy ...just seems like a great fit.....what position is he.......who cares I'll rejoice when we draft him because he fits of course so well........ With 51 we get Tuli to join Tua to totally tip the total tally for the quest to the SB

Plus I am so glad we only need 3 pieces ..... F U Mahomes, Burrow and Hurts....we do this and we win and you can't stop us........... Wait healthy Tua and no one will stop us even if we lose 3 pieces

So much depends on what the team really thinks about Austin Jackson. If they really think he's close to justfying being a starter and they only need a vet insurance policy, then that frees up a number of draft options. If they think they need to add a starting rt in the draft or through FA than that limits them a lot.

Need another playmaker like Hill. Hill and Waddle is not enough.
There aren't too many players like Waddle and Hill, let alone being available. There aren't enough balls to go around to feed that many receivers. You'd just be taking the ball out of Waddle and Hill's hands which we don't want to do...

There aren't too many players like Waddle and Hill, let alone being available. There aren't enough balls to go around to feed that many receivers. You'd just be taking the ball out of Waddle and Hill's hands which we don't want to do...
Yes, while it would great to have a 3rd wr playmaker, when you look at the league average targets and receptions for number 3 wrs you have to ask yourself, "How much am I willing to pay for that production?" And the teams that do heavly invest in a 3rd wr usually don't have a 1 and 2 option near Hill's and Waddle's caliber. If the oline and te spots were in good shape I would be all for looking at a 3rd wr, especially with this class. I would love to have a trio of Hill, Waddle and Jonathan Mingo.

I'm hoping Berrios is a good depth piece behind Hill and Waddle. Last year Sherfield, Wilson and Cracraft combinded for 51 receptions, 3 receptions per game, I expect Berrios to get close to 30/35 on his own in 2023.
I think Berrios is going to really help our team. Berrios coming to Miami and being coach by Wes Welker is a perfect situation because there is similarity between the two in their physical make up and playing styles. The return game gets an immediate shot in the arm and as a receiver in the slot Berrios will make a lot of Dolphin fans happy. Welker will have Berrios running perfect routes against one on one coverage mostly. They can't double cover everyone!!

I don’t think we need a 3rd big time receiver I think Berrios while not big time will complement Hill and Waddle just fine. If we add another offensive weapon it needs to be in the backfield. Both rushing and catching out of the backfield and who can stay in and block. We can also use a natural center and move Williams back to guard. The third thing we need is more depth at right tackle.

Back
Top Bottom