Final pieces to 2023 puzzle??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final pieces to 2023 puzzle???

I am not naming individuals, because there are many that could fill the bill we know of and we might still not know of out there that may do the job.

1. Get an at least solid, dependable Tackle that can play on the right side.

2. Get an all-purpose TE that can catch passes, gain yards after catching passes, or block as if he was a quality 6th linemen.

3. Get a Powerback that at the very least can be counted on to succeed when it's 3rd or 4th and short, as well as be a dependable presence when in a 1st/2nd/3rd, or even 4th and goal.

The top 3 needs for this team in my opinion is OL, OL and OL. Not hyperbole either - we need least one more starting caliber OL and one more strong depth OL… another strong backup tackle or starter would just be perfect piece.

The most likely injury on this team is Armstead missing time… Almost a guaranteed lock. We need depth on the OL and at least one more starter there still.

The team is pretty solid throughout, even our depth is decent… but the OL still is our thinnest unit and is probably the second most important unit we have. We are 1 bad LT injury away from becoming
paper tigers.

The top 3 needs for this team in my opinion is OL, OL and OL. Not hyperbole either - we need least one more starting caliber OL and one more strong depth OL… another strong backup tackle or starter would just be perfect piece.

The most likely injury on this team is Armstead missing time… Almost a guaranteed lock. We need depth on the OL and at least one more starter there still.

The team is pretty solid throughout, even our depth is decent… but the OL still is our thinnest unit and is probably the second most important unit we have. We are 1 bad LT injury away from becoming
paper tigers.
Isaiah Wynn is still out there. I don’t know what his demands are, but he would definitely be one of our 5 best and would allow us to bump Eichenberg to the bench. He could also easily shift out to LT in the event of an injury to Armstead.

I don’t think we need a 3rd big time receiver I think Berrios while not big time will complement Hill and Waddle just fine. If we add another offensive weapon it needs to be in the backfield. Both rushing and catching out of the backfield and who can stay in and block. We can also use a natural center and move Williams back to guard. The third thing we need is more depth at right tackle.
I really doubt the have any intention of moving Williams back. Not every Center, natural or not, is suited to execute the assignments of a wide zone scheme.

I really doubt the have any intention of moving Williams back. Not every Center, natural or not, is suited to execute the assignments of a wide zone scheme.
People also act like Williams was some kind of standout guard. There’s a reason we got him at 24 years old for two years, $14 million. A 24-year old quality starting guard gets a lot more money than that on the open market. The league did not think highly of Williams as a guard.

Dalton Risner is probably the best OL left out there at Guard. The tackle market is dry until cuts are made and I doubt a trade is going to happen at this time. TE market was thin to begin with but the daft is deep at TE this year.

So three pieces

OL depth - Sign Risner
T- Draft a Tackle
TE - Draft a TE

The rest will fall into place. RB is a maybe but I am OK with the backs we have. Guys like Barkley, Elliot and Henry are nice but are they really worth the cost? Yeah I get Elliot is just a signing but he hasn't been himself for the past two seasons, the wear and tear is showing. I'd prefer not to trade for a RB, it's a fungible position.

If you could only make 3 more additions (draft/free agency combined) for the 2023 Dolphins roster what would they look like. Now those 3 pieces might not fill all the current needs, but what 3 moves do you think would have the biggest impact on moving the Dolphins even closer towards serious AFC contenders.

For example:

1 - Sign Terrence Steele from Cowboys to play rt, losing 2nd round pick due to the tender.
2 - sign free agent guard Matt Feiler
3 - select te Tyler Kroft in 3rd round of the draft.

That still leaves some depth issues at dt and de, also could use a young talented rb behind WIlson and Mostert, but again the team isn't in position to fill all needs this offseason. Now if they could find away to add a draft pick and select rb Abanikanda and sign fa Poona Ford as dt depth too, that would be a dream.

What *I* would like is
1) a good blocking TE who can be productive within 5 yds of LOS - that area Mcd forgot about last year.
2) at a minimum, a solid swing backup OLman. I have no idea what Mcd and staff think about Jax and others.
3) a tough yardage RB.
receivers? Don't see the urgency. Hill/waddle. Berrios should thrive as a 3rd WR. Should be good in the slot. Have some receivers as RB. Wilson, if he remains. EE is a wild card. If my wish for a TE is fulfilled, that would make a good group of weapons.

Dalton Risner is probably the best OL left out there at Guard. The tackle market is dry until cuts are made and I doubt a trade is going to happen at this time. TE market was thin to begin with but the daft is deep at TE this year.

So three pieces

OL depth - Sign Risner
T- Draft a Tackle
TE - Draft a TE

The rest will fall into place. RB is a maybe but I am OK with the backs we have. Guys like Barkley, Elliot and Henry are nice but are they really worth the cost? Yeah I get Elliot is just a signing but he hasn't been himself for the past two seasons, the wear and tear is showing. I'd prefer not to trade for a RB, it's a fungible position.
I agree that Risner is the best guy left on the market, but he’s pretty strictly a guard, so if we sign him, it means we’re closing the door to Liam Eichenberg as a starter. That would be just fine with me, but it doesn’t seem to be what the team wants to do.

I also think there’s probably some truth to Butch Barry being disliked in Denver, because both Risner and Cam Fleming would make sense for us, but there doesn’t seem to be any mutual interest for either one of them.

I am not naming individuals, because there are many that could fill the bill we know of and we might still not know of out there that may do the job.

1. Get an at least solid, dependable Tackle that can play on the right side.

2. Get an all-purpose TE that can catch passes, gain yards after catching passes, or block as if he was a quality 6th linemen.

3. Get a Powerback that at the very least can be counted on to succeed when it's 3rd or 4th and short, as well as be a dependable presence when in a 1st/2nd/3rd, or even 4th and goal.
this is not bad and more realistic than the "we need a big time RT plus Henry plus on and on and on"

Still have to get the run game going IMO. I'm glad Mostert, Wilson and Gaskin are back, but Miami still needs a back who can push the pile.

Maybe Charbonnet with a slight trade down from 51. I think he will be in that range. Kraft in the 3rd, and an offensive lineman with that trade addition. Someone versatile who can compete with Jackson and Eichenberg.

I don't think Miami has the money currently to sign a free agent offensive lineman.

Lol. I was not on board with going RB in the second until I heard McDaniel’s interview the other day explaining how crucial it is to put YAC playmakers around Tua, even more critical than OL. That being the case, we can’t willingly go into the season with Mostert and Wilson as the only backfield options. Even assuming both stay healthy all season (which they absolutely will not), neither is much of a factor in the passing game, and both are getting up there in age.

So Gibbs is my new second round target. I also really like Washington at TE and Campbell at LB, but I see RB as the biggest need of those three positions. A rookie TE is only going to play 20-30% of snaps anyway. If things go right with Gibbs, he could end up playing 60-70% of our offensive snaps this season.
Gibbs is My #1

Keaton Mitchell is my late round dark horse. The guy is gonna be the steal of this draft

Still have to get the run game going IMO. I'm glad Mostert, Wilson and Gaskin are back, but Miami still needs a back who can push the pile.

Maybe Charbonnet with a slight trade down from 51. I think he will be in that range. Kraft in the 3rd, and an offensive lineman with that trade addition. Someone versatile who can compete with Jackson and Eichenberg.

I don't think Miami has the money currently to sign a free agent offensive lineman.
After June 1 we will for sure

51 Kraft
84 Freeland
6th Chris Rodriguez RB
7th Divaad Wilson safety

after June 1, pick up a guy that can play anywhere on the OL like Isaiah Wynn
That could work nicely. I definitely think this will be an offensive draft. Maybe an all offense draft. Unless Grier can add picks.

Back
Top Bottom