Final pieces to 2023 puzzle??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final pieces to 2023 puzzle???

Need another playmaker like Hill. Hill and Waddle is not enough.
Most teams are fortunate to have one high caliber #1 WR. The Dolphins have two WR’s that are high quality #1 caliber WR’s. I think they have solid WR’s in the 3-6 spots too.
With better blocking by the OL in the running game, Mostert and Wilson have the ability to be big playmakers for the offense.

Adding a playmaking TE would be great but they will have to luck out in the draft and hope that TE is available when they select in the second round.

Need another playmaker like Hill. Hill and Waddle is not enough.
Some folks are never satisfied. - LOL

For example:

1 - Find UDFA's who can be coached to excellence and play well at their position for at least five or six years.
2 - Find a Free Agent who can be coached to excellence and play well at their position for another three years.
3 - Find a draft selection who can be coached to excellence and play well at their position for at least five or six years.

Long term planning and maintenance trumps short term repairs and "catching up" with the rest of the NFL.

If Gibbs is on the board in the 2nd and we don't draft him I'm gonna have a stroke.
Beef up on ur preventative stuff Chadder...don't smoke, limit the alcohol?, control ur blood pressure, get regular physical activity and for the love a bejesus don't be such a drama king...see I was nice to ya! (King Henry emoticon here)

Most teams are fortunate to have one high caliber #1 WR. The Dolphins have two WR’s that are high quality #1 caliber WR’s. I think they have solid WR’s in the 3-6 spots too.
With better blocking by the OL in the running game, Mostert and Wilson have the ability to be big playmakers for the offense.

Adding a playmaking TE would be great but they will have to luck out in the draft and hope that TE is available when they select in the second round.

Maybe my rose-colored glasses are too rosy, but I'm still intrigued by T Conner

I don’t think there’s a better fit in this entire draft at any position. And based on what McDaniel said yesterday, if there’s any chance to get him, I believe they’ll be all in.
Sorry....who are you referring to with this?

Maybe my rose-colored glasses are too rosy, but I'm still intrigued by T Conner
People are definitely forgetting about him, and they shouldn’t be. I think the team expects him to play a role in 2023. But I have a hard time understanding exactly how a 230-pound tight end fits in. To me, he’s basically a Gesicki replacement but Gesicki was totally out of place in this offense.

1) Draft Jahmyr Gibbs in second round
2) Draft Tyler Kraft or Luke Schoonmaker in third round
3) Sign Matt Feiler
I actually love your plan because that my plan also! Gibbs would make such a big difference to the offense right away. Feiler instantly gives our line better talent which we desperately need. I like both Kroft and Schoonmaker, either one upgrades things right away. Sorry to see Gisecki go but it's for his own good. Just wasn't a fit at all for McMike's offense. We might go tackle in the draft at 51 depending who's sitting there.

I don’t think we need a 3rd big time receiver I think Berrios while not big time will complement Hill and Waddle just fine. If we add another offensive weapon it needs to be in the backfield. Both rushing and catching out of the backfield and who can stay in and block. We can also use a natural center and move Williams back to guard. The third thing we need is more depth at right tackle.
I doubt they would move WIlliams back to guard. He was ranked among the best at his position. His only issue is the once or twice-a-game high snaps, other than that he has been stellar. I think we'll see fewer of the high snaps this year. Easier to plug in a new guard than a center, besides he makes the line calls which is often a forgotten responsibility and he seems to have adapted well to the transition...

People also act like Williams was some kind of standout guard. There’s a reason we got him at 24 years old for two years, $14 million. A 24-year old quality starting guard gets a lot more money than that on the open market. The league did not think highly of Williams as a guard.
His critically ill-timed penalties in his last year with Dallas hurt his value for sure...

Back
Top Bottom