Final Score: Raiders V Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final Score: Raiders V Dolphins

Close to 90*, wet and humid Sunday at 1pm. If they play tough, they win it easily.

Miami 34 - 20.

Although Gruden's past interest in Miami has me nervous about how much he knows about us. That dropped off after Gase, but as an analyst he had some good insight into our team. Hopefully that isn't a factor.

It should be a pleasant day, about 120 degrees in the shade! I hope we pound those guys right up the middle. From the opening drive just punish them with physicality. Beat them down. By the 4th quarter Chuckie will be looking for a microphone. Big coming out party for DeVante Parker, he gets a TD, Gesicki grabs a couple and Drake and Gore just wear them out all day. When they're tired light them up with Stills, Parker and Wilson. Our pass rush is going to get to Carr and I see 2 picks for our DBs. Miami 33-Da Raiders a mere 10. We win easy and roll to 3-0. Man, if I could only be right one time!

Am expecting our offense to click this game as Gase calls a much more aggressive game at home with more tempo. The weather and coast to coast trip will be too much for the Raiders.

The dolphins teams of the past that folded in big situations are gone. Gase is going to go at them and the D is too. The middle of the field has always been a feasting ground for opposing QB's but it's getting shored up so where i did see a win here i think Oakland's real chance lies in the emotion of their situation. (New high profile coach going 0-2 to start his new regime)
If gase goes after him then it'll be a 30 point affair for us and they won't be able to keep up. If he is too conservative we'll keep them close and it'll be a nail biter close to 20 point range.

30-17 Miami is very realistic.

I don't get what people are seeing to predict us blowing the Raiders out but hopefully you're right. Raiders are better than their 0-2 suggests and will be a bigger challenge than the Jets or Titans IMO.

I don't have a good feeling about this game but then again I didn't have a good feeling playing the Jets this past Sunday either. This is a much bigger test for our defense than either of the aforementioned team. We're going to need the offense to get going this week, excited for DVP coming back.

I'm a homer so I'm predicting a Dolphins win: 27-24

Yeah, the Raiders aren't awful. I think people are really buying into this national narrative that the Raiders are garbage because Gruden has been out of the game too long and OMG HE TRADED KHALIL MACK.

Don't get me wrong, the Mack trade is absolutely crushing in the short term (and probably the long term) for the Raiders, and that defense has some troubles without him. But The Raiders were nonetheless competitive in both of their games this season. They almost beat an O.K. Broncos team, and if you watched that game vs the Rams, they were actually competitive for most of it before Carr melted down late in the game. The Rams are a lot better than the Dolphins, too.

To be blunt, the Raiders really aren't terrible and even though I anticipate (and demand!) a win this weekend, I expect a close game.

teams.week3.jpg

Oakland Raiders @ Miami Dolphins
Hard Rock Stadium
Sunday, Sep. 23, 2018
1:00 pm EST (CBS)

week3.stats.jpg

Predict the final score of this game.

My prediction...

16 Oakland Raiders
24 Miami Dolphins (w)

I'm not going to predict a score, but I'll tell my main worry. This is the situation fans have seen for years . . . Miami shows good play and a level of talent most have wanted to see. BUT, this is also the situation where Miami lays an egg and brings hope crashing to earth. To me, this is the game where Miami proves it's real or proves it's 'nother year, same disappointment. That DOESN'T mean a loss destroys my hope, but a loss by 10 or more will certainly bring back bad memories.

Remember that New Orleans game i think on Monday night in Tannehills 2nd or 3rd year? We were undefeated going in, 3-0 I believe. That was a massive disappointment.

I think this team has what it takes to avoid those huge lows.

30-17 Dolphins.

Big difference playing at the Saints back then in prime time. They destroyed everyone that went in there for a prime time games for 3 to 4 years.

My biggest prediction for this game is a continued lack of respect for Miami. If we lose, then we’ll hear “see? Told you they sucked”. If we win, we’ll hear “well they beat an 0-3 team. Big deal”.

That being said...
Dolphins - 24
Raiders - 17

Damn, that's a no win situation so we might look better tying? It's the new trend in 2018

Back
Top Bottom