Final Score: Washington v Miami (week 6) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Final Score: Washington v Miami (week 6)

Still have CIncy and the Jets twice.
I think the Jets spank this team twice with Darnold destroying the secondary one game and Bell destroying that D line the next game, plus Gase will wanna stick it to this team. AJ Green will most probably be back for the Bengals by that time as well, so I ain’t worried about them.

I think the Jets spank this team twice with Darnold destroying the secondary one game and Bell destroying that D line the next game, plus Gase will wanna stick it to this team. AJ Green will most probably be back for the Bengals by that time as well, so I ain’t worried about them.
You're not factoring how bad Gase is or how bad Zac Taylor is as a head coach. Zac Taylor should not be coaching at any level.

Washington has never won in Miami.
Putting that into perspective - Miami 5-0 vs Redskins at home. All games were close. This will be by far the worst team Miami has fielded vs the Redskins. Prior results:

1981: Miami 13-10
1987: Miami 23-21
1993: Miami 17-10
2003: Miami 24-23
2011: Miami 20-9

So let's not make it look like this is some impossible task set before the Redskins this week. LOL!

It's actually odd that these teams haven't met more than 14 total times. Two were high profile super bowls so there is some memory of playing meaningful games vs the Redskins so that could distort one's thoughts that the two teams have some long-running history. From the 1970 merger until 2001, teams playing outside of conference could meet once every three years but if either of you were last place (5th) then you would miss each other when the divisions hooked up the following year and that may have happened some during that time. From 2002 to present, teams are guaranteed to play once every four years outside of conference but that means you play once at your own place in an eight year period. So 14 games total, two were super bowls with the teams splitting so that's 12 regular season meetings since the 1970 merger. I do think the Redskins win this one. Their team gets a bump with the interim head coach and they win in Miami 28-17. It is then that it begins to sink in just how historically bad this Miami team has a chance to be. Three games vs the Jets and Bengals also won't do much to move this team off of their #32 season ranking either as this team will be viewed as historically bad after 2019 is over.

Sanders breaks foot on the opening kickoff. Skins up 2 to nothing with 2 seconds left in the game. Emergency kicker comes in hits a 50 yarder to win. Look at who it is it’s tua with his 1st Miami win.

I'm in a light hearted mood, so I'll make some predictions that at least make me smile.

1) We get scalped by the skins.
2) We scalp the skins.
3) The Jets take off. ( This could be a win where the offense takes off, or it can be a loss where the offense takes the day off ).
4) The Jets crash and burn.
5) The Jets wampum the Skins. ( Think about it ).

That's all for now!

Back
Top Bottom