Finally, some breathing room. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally, some breathing room.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Those numbers do not account for the recent releases.

I have an article about your cap sit-rep at

http://www.buffalobillsinsider.com/dolphinscap_2002.html

"2003 Miami Dolphins could very well mirror the 2001 Buffalo Bills!"

I doubt this will happen for several reasons:

1)We only have 3 UFAs worth resigning. Cousin, Turk, and maybe Walker.

2)No matter what happens in the next 2-3 years we will have enough talent to get more than 3 wins.

3)We have a good coaching staff.

4)If we have to, we can cut a couple of overrated/overpaid players of ours (Rodgers, McKnight)

5)John Butler is not our GM(He is the main reason the Bills were screwed cap wise)

Good stuff Clumped. Although your a Buffalo puke, you know your cap well. :D

booyeah............

i think your #4 should be #1! :D
4)If we have to, we can cut a couple of overrated/overpaid players of ours (Rodgers, McKnight)

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Those numbers do not account for the recent releases.

I have an article about your cap sit-rep at

http://www.buffalobillsinsider.com/dolphinscap_2002.html

Does all of this include JJJ? He is still listed on our roster, have we officially cut him yet?

http://www.nfl.com/players/mia_index.htm

Also, what about McNown? He might be given a shot at showing what he has in the pre-season, but if he doesn't do well he will be cut. Is McNown still under the same contract he had from Chicago? What is McNown making?

How about the 2002 Bills ending up like the 1996 Jets?

The cap is not an issue w/Miami! We are 13 mill over right now, but releasing Marrion and Bowens gets almost even. I have said in the past Marion would save us 2mill is was wrong he would save us 4 mill. Then you have Mcduffie who will save us 3 mill, another .7 when JJ is gone. All Miami needs to do is restructure 2-3 big contracts, and they could have about 10 mill to play with.

Well, that just puts us in cap trouble in the future. Now not only do their original signing bonuses count against the cap every year, now this seasons salary will count against the cap every year.

That is about 2 mill a year per player, (if not more) over the legnth of the contract. When you add that to their base salaries, their cap number for 2003 will be high.

It is a quick fix for this season, but we are going to pay for it sooner or later.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Thank you To JT and Patrick, two guys who know the meaning of "team". Finally we have a little shopping money!Dolphins gain cap releif :jumper: :happydrin
i knew JT was a team player, but pat kinda surprised me, HAPPY SURPRISE!:D
whats this garbage about RW being happy in NO, last i heard, he wanted out!:eek:

Originally posted by dolfan87
Well, that just puts us in cap trouble in the future. Now not only do their original signing bonuses count against the cap every year, now this seasons salary will count against the cap every year.

That is about 2 mill a year per player, (if not more) over the legnth of the contract. When you add that to their base salaries, their cap number for 2003 will be high.

It is a quick fix for this season, but we are going to pay for it sooner or later.

This certainly puts us in a position to be a competitive team again in 2002 - which I was worried about, but next year JT and/or Sam and/or Zach and/or Pat and/or Derrick will be this year's Tim and Brock., except that as you noted we will paying for this year even if we cut 'em.

I still do not understand why Derrick is not be asking to re-negotiate - he is by far the most overpaid :yell: :confused:

...This certainly puts us in a position to be a competitive team again in 2002 .....

This is the point I'm making in my article. The Bills were competitive in 2000 until 6 starters on defense were injured late in the season. The "fat" that was cut b/c of the cap hurt the depth....similar thing is happening to the Fins this year. However, as I stated in the article, Fins are already at the cap for 2003 and will likely be in the same shape, $15-20 million OVER, but without the "fat" that will be released this season. Thus, quality player(s) may have to be released and the draft is always a crap shoot on whether a draft choice can replace a player like DT Bowens. Restructuring will make your 2003 even worse :) ......I'm cryin a river.......

My request: I'm tryin to become a better informed Fin-Hater :lol:, so if there are errors, just list them here........constructuve criticism is appreciated. Mucho gracias

Back
Top Bottom