Finally Some Material For The Miami Locker-Room | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally Some Material For The Miami Locker-Room

phinphan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
THEY SAID IT

• The Dolphins posted on their locker-room bulletin board this quote from Jets defensive tackle Jason Ferguson:

``We're going to try to bust [running back Ricky Williams] in his mouth and try to do it the whole game.''

• Wannstedt, on the Jets game: ``We know it's going to be a 60-minute street fight, and that is what we are getting ready for.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6761171.htm

It makes a nice change for the Miami players to have some incentive, rather than giving all the juicy quotes themselves, and paying the price.

Not to mention the fact that Abraham guaranteed a victory after the Washington game.

But I'm sure the Jets will post Ogunleye's guarantee as well (I remember someone posting that, but didn't see it in print).

This should be the game of the week. Both teams need this win.

I don't see how Ferguson saying that is locker room fodder....

That's pretty much football speak week in and week out. What Ogunleye said isnt's trash talk either...I would expect every football player to say/have that mentality. It's the comments about Vinnie, Jason T., Zach & Wayne C. that is more trash than anything...

This game is going to be interesting...I can't remember ever having Miami come in under this much scrutiny and controversy....

The Mezz

Ugghhh. Bust in his mouth is different than we are going to win.

Now trash was that comment for Flutie in 99. Flutie Flakes...:yell:

eehh...potatoes...potahtoes... ;)

Yeah...No kidding about Flutie...he he he he he;)

The Mezz

I don't remember a Fins-Jets game meaning so much so early in the season. Hopefully Norv will take his head out of his arse and run Ricky 40 times.

Good article it also states Madison practiced on Friday and we'll play Sunday phewwww keeps Fletcher hopefully off the field.

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
Good article it also states Madison practiced on Friday and we'll play Sunday phewwww keeps Fletcher hopefully off the field.

If only!!! I'm tired of that guy getting burned and not making big plays. I can tolerate a CB getting burned - they all do - but the good ones come back and make a pick - he simply doesn't! This guy had one of the best college career/worst NFL career combos in recent years.

The problem is, the Jets, like the Texans did, plan to put in a lot of 3-4 WR sets to get away from Madison and Surtain and to matchup against Fletcher or a LB. I feel good about Buckley, but not Fletcher.

It makes you wonder - it seems, at times, that our D is set up to stop an offense like ... ours! One that uses a basic formation with a RB and FB and 2 WR's. We are very good against a basic offense like that. But, the spread offenses and those that move a lot of guys around? We don't handle that well.

Originally posted by FinFrenzy

you talk as if that is a good thing, but what has anyone thinking postively about madison from last year to last week? i still dont get it.
Players who will let go or should be traded next year

1. Sam Madison -trade
2. Tim ruddy- let go cus of seth
3. Mark Dixon- just retire once we get another LT ok?
4. Todd Wade- unless he comes to his senses or starts kicking some butt, whichever comes first. dont hold your breath.

Ricky is a very physical back and will not shy from being busted in the mouth or whatever.

And I agree, Madison's salary next year puts his head squarely on the chopping block. But no team will take him unless he has a ProBowl year, and I'm talkiing 7 interceptions at least. As far as the O-line goes no sense getting rid of anyone unless we can get someone younger, better and cheaper.

I don't think Fergusons remark is even locker room worthy. Ogunleye's and Abraham's remarks are...but I think Abrahams is slightly worst because he just flat out guaranteed that the Jets would be 1-1 after they take care of Miami, while Ogun actually went to the trouble of explaining how "thats my mindset, i can't even put it in the back of my mind that we might be 0-2." or something along those lines it was obvious he was saying that he can't even think of the possibility of failure next week cuz otherwise it will come true.

Back
Top Bottom