Finally!! Somebody calls out Michael Silver in this whole Ireland/Bryant mess | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally!! Somebody calls out Michael Silver in this whole Ireland/Bryant mess

JonnyZ81

Scout Team
Reaction score
its about time somebody calls a spade a spade here. Mike Silver only wrote this piece to get attention for himself. he'll be on ESPN and all over the radio over the next few days thanks to his stupid article where he comes off like a self-righteous dick by calling Ireland an a-hole.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2010/4/28/1448057/jeff-ireland-was-wrong-but-why-is

Here's part of it!
With all that said, why the hell is this even a story? It's an issue that is over and done with. If Dez was so angry over the question he was asked, he would have probably brought it up publicly by now. Bryant clearly had gotten past this. So why is this a story now?
I'll tell you why - it's because journalists like Michael Silver can use this kind of story to make a name for themselves. That's exactly what he did, making some rather ridiculous claims himself in his article.
As if calling Ireland "the biggest jerk in the history of job interviewers" wasn't ridiculous enough (because I doubt he's well-versed enough in the entire history of job interviewing to make a claim like this), Silver also refers to Ireland as "an A-list A-hole."

Of course, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Is Silver any better than Ireland here? One man asks if somebody's mother was a prostitute. The other man publicly calls somebody an "A-list" *******.
Who exactly is the ******* here?

Yeah about time some spoke up. Silver is an absolute assclown, who is always too fast to jump on and blow up potentially touchy stories. Way too self righteous.

The reason he came out with this **** yesterday is that he was also part of the Run Ricky Run thing... probably thought he could get more exposure if people thought he was a big time guy if he is in a movie and an article on the same day!

clear.gif

It's obvious that Bryant is not savvy as evidenced with him paying the penalty for being misled by Deion Sanders. But Silver should have known better and specifically that by outing the mother, he himself would be responsible for putting a target on Dez's back by providing enemy fans and DBs with endless taunting ammunition.

Ireland didn't go running to the press whether you agree or disagree with his question. Silver on the other hand, for the sake of some headlines and publicity has now tarred Bryant's mother publicly as a ho and crack dealer felon. Now who's the irresponsible one?

It's obvious that Bryant is not savvy as evidenced with him paying the penalty for being misled by Deion Sanders. But Silver should have known better and specifically that by outing the mother, he himself would be responsible for putting a target on Dez's back by providing enemy fans and DBs with endless taunting ammunition.

Ireland didn't go running to the press whether you agree or disagree with his question. Silver on the other hand, for the sake of some headlines and publicity has now tarred Bryant's mother publicly as a ho and crack dealer felon. Now who's the irresponsible one?
publicity has now tarred Bryant's mother publicly as a ho and crack dealer felon. Now who's the irresponsible one?

Bryants mama?

You guys are funny, if rex had done something like that you guys would be going absolutely nuts. Just accept Ireland made a mistake and move on. People are allowed to make mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver is a reporter, he was doing his job. So if someone witnesses a murder and reports it to the police they are the ones that did something wrong? I understand this isn't a murder but you get the point. Ireland crossed a line he shouldn't have, it's over w/ but to start attacking the writer like it is his fault is a liitle silly.

I have to agree with the Jets fan. Ireland was wrong. Our front office really has no class. They dont get paid for having class though.

You guys are funny, if rex had done something like that you guys would be going absolutely nuts. Just accept Ireland made a mistake and move on. People are allowed to make mistakes.

Agreed..... It's over and done with, Ireland took the high road and apologized to Dez for the comment. The more this is talked about the more the Jerk Silver loves it. So don't throw fuel on the fire.

I remember Braylon Edwards whining and crying to the media after the fins didn't draft him too.

Dez is an ADULT, he is a man getting ready to embark on a career in a violent sport. He is going to get paid millions of dollars. Whether or not he can deal with hard questions is actually something that is very pertinent.

If he couldn't deal with these types of questions how capable of playing in the NFL where trash talking goes on all the time especially in high pressure situations would he be?

This is all about spin. He wanted to get paid much more by the dolphins and he isn't thrilled about it, or his agent isn't thrilled about it. Silver is just a tool for those guys.

i'll post this here to..
i would like to know what were the question before and after he asked him if she was a prostitute..like,, i heard that your mother had a hard life,,sold drugs,,and maybe after,,he asked does she need anything, can we help in anyway...thats what I would like to know...not just one question probably taken out of context

Back
Top Bottom