Finally, Spoke To A Doer At Directv (do Not Discuss Streams) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally, Spoke To A Doer At Directv (do Not Discuss Streams)

I remember having DirecTV.... I used to get NFL Sunday Ticket for free every year. I'd call and threaten to leave and demand Sunday Ticket + NBA League Pass. Always worked. Got all the PPV fights for free too.

Unfortunately I find that this method doesn't work like it used to, especially since AT&T bought out DirecTV. They now tell you Sayonara......

just cancelled the ticket bc they wouldn't negotiate more than a few bucks off. Will prob call and cancel DTV all together in a couple days, just want to make sure I have a backup plan. .

Call back and tell the automation the reason your calling is to cancel DTV service. Than once you get through start crying about the ticket, it usually works. I always blame the wife and tell them I have Verizon (who I hate) phone and internet and my wife is dying to drop direct TV and get the FIOS triple play but I really want Sunday Tix. Seems to work every time. If you get it push the envelope and go for MAX.

I tried to purchase just the ticket and they said I need to add a package and unfortunately I'm committed to my cable co. They then said I could get a streaming pass if I as in college but they check out your admission to the school somehow.

My bro in law has the ticket plus a package and said I could use my xbox to logon with his passcode but I'm not sure that would work.nI will pay but not for a whole programming package to get the ticket free.

You've gotta know someone somewhere who would let you use their name that is in college? That is all it takes

My cousins got Sunday ticket online stream with her student discount for $100. Good thing shes not a football fan, so that I can use it. ;)

Unfortunately I find that this method doesn't work like it used to, especially since AT&T bought out DirecTV. They now tell you Sayonara......
True. I had them before the buyout. AT&T is a whole different animal.

Method still works with Xfinity for NBA League Pass in case anyone else is interested. Give them a call in October and tell them that DirecTV is offering NBA League Pass for free if you switch. If they ask for the promo, just tell them it was offered personally by a sales rep over the phone. They'll make it happen for ya.

So if I know someone in college I use their name when I call up but my credit card information, correct? Or do they call up themselves and pay at their address and I just reimburse?

Just kind of frustrated I had the NFL ticket ala cart for probably 15 years or so since Inception but now they tell me if I need a programming package to continue.

Call back and tell the automation the reason your calling is to cancel DTV service. Than once you get through start crying about the ticket, it usually works. I always blame the wife and tell them I have Verizon (who I hate) phone and internet and my wife is dying to drop direct TV and get the FIOS triple play but I really want Sunday Tix. Seems to work every time. If you get it push the envelope and go for MAX.

Yah thats what I usually do, but the annual negotiation is so freaking annoying. Would love to find a decent alternative.

Every year since I've had DirecTV, I've gotten good discounts, usually saving me somewhere between $600 and $650 per year on the service. I've never have gotten the Sunday Ticket for free. But since At&T took over DirecTV a few years ago getting those discounts have become harder. This year was the hardest!!! I almost canceled!!! But after 4 phone calls since early August I finally got a representative that finally reinstated all of my prior discounts without any argument or without hesitation. It's unfortunate it took 4 phone calls and various levels of frustration, but am extremely happy and satisfied. And by switching to ATT cell service I got an additional $15 off per month for life, as well as, free HBO. I just hope I don't have to go through this again next year. But am expecting to!!

So I can sign my daughter up who is in college then stream from my house?

As long as you have good enough internet to stream. I recommend direct connecting whatever streaming device you plan to use for the best connection. Wireless is not as good as direct connecting

Back
Top Bottom