Finally, Spoke To A Doer At Directv (do Not Discuss Streams) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally, Spoke To A Doer At Directv (do Not Discuss Streams)

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
He happens to be a Bills fan and we spoke at length about the NFL, The Bills and Dolphins and in particular the AFC East and it led to me getting NFL Sunday Ticket for free for the year!!!! It also helped that he is a NY Knicks fan, as am I (Long suffering, like the Fins) and we spoke about that for awhile. But in all of my 24 years of being a loyal DirecTV subscriber, I can't remember receiving "The Ticket" for free. Maybe I should go play the lottery???? LOL

I did it yesterday and also got it free. I made a mistake though, forgot about Sunday Ticket MAX which I called back for and they're getting me 10 a month. Not bad I guess but if I remembered about the MAX I probably could have had it thrown in at the original call. Oh well, still not bad. I need MAX bso I can watch the game on devices in case I'm not home (which I prefer to be but once in a blue moon life wins out).

Lucky indeed.

This will be my first year without DTV/Sunday Ticket since 2000. DTVNow decided to test it in just seven cities in the entire US. Needless to say, I'm not one of them. Here are the cities that CAN get Sunday Ticket on DTVN. Maybe I'll move to Boston...although Patriots fans might not like me. ;)
  • Boston
  • Hartford
  • Los Angeles
  • Louisville
  • Philadelphia
  • Phoenix
  • San Antonio

I called and did not get it for free. (have never got it for free) But I did get a break.
The first time I called was about the ST. I pay it all up front so I needed an answer as they had already billed the first installment. After lengthy discussion I was able to get about 1/2 off for the basic ST subscription.
I figured its better than no discount.

Well, when I go back online a few days later they had my bill all screwed up so I call back.
After a lengthy discussion with a retention CSR, she decided to take $60 off a month for 12 months. I have been with Directv for as long as they have offered the Ticket.
So it actually worked out better than had I just got the Ticket for free. Its a $700 savings just on my bill without the ticket.
So, the old saying still applies. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

You guys should look into the student only program direct tv offers for the Sunday ticket. It's a 1 time payment of 100$ and you can stream the Sunday ticket online.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys should look into the student only program direct tv offers for the Sunday ticket. It's a 1 time payment of 100$ and you can stream the Sunday ticket online.
Has to be college right? I finished college and daughter is up next but next year

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you have to call and try, it's not that much time to save a whole lot of money and be able to watch the fins. Never just cancel to save the money without calling. DTV is not great but they will usually work with you. Other companies like Verizon like to give you could rates at the beginning than rake you over the coals and never bend.

Or Comcast LOL:

Once I called Comcast to discuss the packages they had to offer me, the first question the lady asked me was what's my social security number. Seriously! I said, "you need my social before we can even talk about packages"? I couldn't believe it.

Has to be college right? I finished college and daughter is up next but next year

Yes it has to be college but no you don't have to be related to the college student in anyway. I used a kid a play ps4 online with who lives out of state. I asked his permission and he gave me his info and I paid with my credit card and that was that. I bought him a gift card for letting me use his name because he was saving me a bunch of money to use his info.

We just cut the cable cord this year, so been wondering about this. Looks like ill be paying $6/mo for RedZone (and 3 other useless channels) on Sling, and then hoping for a local broadcast here and there. Good to know about college program, just in case.

Yes it has to be college but no you don't have to be related to the college student in anyway. I used a kid a play ps4 online with who lives out of state. I asked his permission and he gave me his info and I paid with my credit card and that was that. I bought him a gift card for letting me use his name because he was saving me a bunch of money to use his info.
what info is that? Like what college and stuff like that?

I tried to purchase just the ticket and they said I need to add a package and unfortunately I'm committed to my cable co. They then said I could get a streaming pass if I as in college but they check out your admission to the school somehow.

My bro in law has the ticket plus a package and said I could use my xbox to logon with his passcode but I'm not sure that would work.nI will pay but not for a whole programming package to get the ticket free.

I tried to purchase just the ticket and they said I need to add a package and unfortunately I'm committed to my cable co. They then said I could get a streaming pass if I as in college but they check out your admission to the school somehow.
They could tie it to your log in with the school that you should have. They can do that

They could tie it to your log in with the school that you should have. They can do that
Im not in school though, daughter next year but out of luck this year. Im even thinking of listening via sxm bit that sucks

I remember having DirecTV.... I used to get NFL Sunday Ticket for free every year. I'd call and threaten to leave and demand Sunday Ticket + NBA League Pass. Always worked. Got all the PPV fights for free too.

It's a shame the picture goes out for a few clouds in the sky. Had to switch back to XFinity. No biggie. I'll stream a game if I really want to watch it since the local stations here love the Jets and Bills so much. I've grown to really enjoy the Redzone channel though, especially when the Dolphins aren't playing.

I remember having DirecTV.... I used to get NFL Sunday Ticket for free every year. I'd call and threaten to leave and demand Sunday Ticket + NBA League Pass. Always worked. Got all the PPV fights for free too.

It's a shame the picture goes out for a few clouds in the sky. Had to switch back to XFinity. No biggie. I'll stream a game if I really want to watch it since the local stations here love the Jets and Bills so much. I've grown to really enjoy the Redzone channel though, especially when the Dolphins aren't playing.
How do so you watch the Fins? Any streaming i have tried has been unwatchable and inconsistent .

Back
Top Bottom