Finally, Spoke To A Doer At Directv (do Not Discuss Streams) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finally, Spoke To A Doer At Directv (do Not Discuss Streams)

I just inputed a friends info on the directvu check eligibility section and it won't take it. She is in masters program at rutgers, do you know if only undergrad is eligible?

That I couldn't help you with i would try it on a different device if possible im not sure maybe there's more info on that on direct tvs website

I called and did not get it for free. (have never got it for free) But I did get a break.
The first time I called was about the ST. I pay it all up front so I needed an answer as they had already billed the first installment. After lengthy discussion I was able to get about 1/2 off for the basic ST subscription.
I figured its better than no discount.

Well, when I go back online a few days later they had my bill all screwed up so I call back.
After a lengthy discussion with a retention CSR, she decided to take $60 off a month for 12 months. I have been with Directv for as long as they have offered the Ticket.
So it actually worked out better than had I just got the Ticket for free. Its a $700 savings just on my bill without the ticket.
So, the old saying still applies. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I got the same deal.....At first I was like "huh....whaa??" - I thought they meant $5 off for 12 months for a TOTAL of $60....LOL!!. So while they wouldn't make a deal on the ST/Max, I think it turned out even better.....it helps being a long time (almost 20 years) client though...don't know if they'll give that deal to everyone but maybe those guys can get a discount off the NFL package.

Dolfan..you don't need MAX to do that this year. I was told that it's part of the basic package this year.

What they told me was that Sunday Ticket with Max is $395.....but they take off $16+ a month for 6 months for those who are existing subscribers lowering a $100 to $295.....which is the reg Sunday Ticket price (w/o Max)...So - yes, it seems it's part of the package for anyone who is re-upping this year.

Last edited:
I just called...

First...off all.... I am in New Jersey and I have basically had directtv for since 04.

I called and the deal I got was

I pay 50 ( rounded up ) for 6 months for the NFL Package.
I get 45 a month discount for 12 months. ( no contract )

its a loyalty package... SO if you call....ask for the loyalty dept.

Go Fins

I just called...

First...off all.... I am in New Jersey and I have basically had directtv for since 04.

I called and the deal I got was

I pay 50 ( rounded up ) for 6 months for the NFL Package.
I get 45 a month discount for 12 months. ( no contract )

its a loyalty package... SO if you call....ask for the loyalty dept.

Go Fins
Do you have a programming package as well as the ticket or just the nfl pack

IDK, for me there's nothing like watching the Fins on a big screen HDTV. Can't get used to the idea of watching on a computer screen unless I absolutely have to. But that's just me.....

Yeah you have to call and try, it's not that much time to save a whole lot of money and be able to watch the fins. Never just cancel to save the money without calling. DTV is not great but they will usually work with you. Other companies like Verizon like to give you could rates at the beginning than rake you over the coals and never bend.

Or Comcast LOL:

Once I called Comcast to discuss the packages they had to offer me, the first question the lady asked me was what's my social security number. Seriously! I said, "you need my social before we can even talk about packages"? I couldn't believe it.
There isn't much I Iike less than calling Comcast. Always a nightmare.

Thanks, guys, for the tips. I called DirecTV and after a long drawn out, frustrating process, they gave me $60 off per month. It’s nice to compare notes.

IDK, for me there's nothing like watching the Fins on a big screen HDTV. Can't get used to the idea of watching on a computer screen unless I absolutely have to. But that's just me.....

If your TV and computer have HDMI ports you can plug it in and have your computer screen on your TV

If your TV and computer have HDMI ports you can plug it in and have your computer screen on your TV
I've been doing this for 3 years now, I've also found that connecting your streaming device directly to the router makes a huge difference compared to WiFi...

I've been doing this for 3 years now, I've also found that connecting your streaming device directly to the router makes a huge difference compared to WiFi...

Yeah i can't stress enough how important directly connecting whatever device you are using to stream (computer, laptop, game console whatever) to your router. Streaming on wifi is not recommended

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom