Finger pointing and venting thread (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finger pointing and venting thread (merged)

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Finger pointing thread

:lastyr:

What happens, everytime we play an elite NFL team?
EMBARASSMENT!!!!!!!!!!
How many years has this held true???
Guess what folks, it aint gonna be any different this year.

Call me what you will...... I have seen enough with my OWN eyes to stick by this opinion......

This team, as it is structured, will NEVER be good enough.

They are mentally weak and they have the heart of a flea. No pride whatsoever. I will NEVER believe that they can be champions in this league, until at least an hour after a Super Bowl victory( lingering flashbacks of having to come out of the locker room wearing towels in New England a couple of years ago, to play one final play, are the catalyst for this particular tic).

So instead of pointing A finger, I have taken off my shoes and socks will now point all 22 fingers and toes at the Miami Dolphins.:eek: :fire: :cry: :o

My Vent Thread(and yours too)

Friggin Lucas!!!!!! Listen, I was a big Jay hater and wanted to give Ray a chance, now all I wanna do is send Ray back to Rutgers where he belongs!!! He doesnt belong here, get rid of him and give Jay some magic pills for his thumb.
Oh yeah, and as for Carter, he better step it up or he will soon be hated as well.
By the way, do you guys think we should go after a QB in the draft this year. Maybe make some trades or something and try and get higher in the draft for a quality QB(not Dorsey though).
Anyway, Miami pick up your asses and get them movin or else its just gonna be another year like we are all used to.....

Re: My Vent Thread(and yours too)

Originally posted by Cover23
Friggin Lucas!!!!!! Listen, I was a big Jay hater and wanted to give Ray a chance, now all I wanna do is send Ray back to Rutgers where he belongs!!! He doesnt belong here, get rid of him and give Jay some magic pills for his thumb.
Oh yeah, and as for Carter, he better step it up or he will soon be hated as well.
By the way, do you guys think we should go after a QB in the draft this year. Maybe make some trades or something and try and get higher in the draft for a quality QB(not Dorsey though).
Anyway, Miami pick up your asses and get them movin or else its just gonna be another year like we are all used to.....

Yes we need to start grooming a QB soon. Maybe he will have some of Fiedler's leadership skills on down the line, and ol Sage ain't lookin like our future. For a long time we've been avoiding getting a QB in the 1st round. I think it's almost unavoidable now.

I truly miss Fiedler, He is not always the best on the field but damn if he knows how to take charge of this offense

I believe it is coaching. I am happy with a lot of the things Dave has done. But when it comes to kicking ass and getting the team fired up, he is just too laid back. There is always this "We will put it behind us" attitude. Thats Bull. Sometimes you have to make people accountable and get their attention. W e were so outcoached last night it wasn't even funny. WHen have you ever seen a player come off the field and Dave get in his face? Never.

This team is way better than what they are showing. They don't even sem to care they are underachieving. Now we know why the team has always spoke of Feidlers heart. He is the only one on offense that has it.

Re: Re: My Vent Thread(and yours too)

Originally posted by ac_lanham
and ol Sage ain't lookin like our future.

How can you say this? He was in for what 5, 6 downs? He was inside his own 20 both times yet he didn't get sacked and he didn't turn the ball over. That was exactly what he was supposed to do...

All of you who say he looked like a Deer in Headlights are on crack.

He did exactly what he supposed to do. Did you see how big he looked back there? He looked like he could actually see over the line of scrimmage. He rolled out avoiding pressure, didn't find anyone open and threw the ball away.

Maybe you think he should've chucked it into double coverage so that GB could pick it off for another TD before the half? Being down only 14 points at the time (alot but not unfathomable) THAT would've been throwing the game away.

I believe it is coaching. I am happy with a lot of the things Dave has done. But when it comes to kicking ass and getting the team fired up, he is just too laid back. There is always this "We will put it behind us" attitude. Thats Bull. Sometimes you have to make people accountable and get their attention. W e were so outcoached last night it wasn't even funny. WHen have you ever seen a player come off the field and Dave get in his face? Never.

This is something I have noticed as well.I just think Dave doesn't provide enough discipline on this team to make us more consistent.He "inhereted" a good defense.I think the D has lost a step since Jimmy.Still good, but not as much of a defense that you would fear on Sundays.

For the love of G0d will everyone please calm down. We're playing without our starting QB for goodness sake! Infisible, HOws this for venting against the finger pointers - Its probably going to get worse before it gets better . So prepare yourselves - its gonna be a rough few weeks without Jay leading the offense. But it doesnt mean our season is over. Not even close.

Last year at this time, The Pats were 3-4 and in a terrible rut. Two years ago, the Ravens were at .500 at thia time of year and they hadnt scored a TD in 5 GAMES!

I'd much rather be in our shoes - playing poorly because of a banged up offense - than be a Bills, Raiders or Chargers fan. Those teams were all spanked this week with a healthy lineup and have no excuses for their poor play. When we've proven to be an EXCELLENET team. Ask the Broncos.

Point is, the season is LONG, and teams naturally hit bumps along the way. No team - epsecially a team without its signal caller - can remain hot the entire season. So keep your heads up and try not to panic because our backup QB is playing poorly.

Thats all, Im done venting. You can go back to your finger pointing.

Surferosa:
Wake up and smell the coffee. There is no way the loss of one player (Jay) should make the whole thing fall apart. It tells me that we have no character and we lack passion. Like Ricky says on his web site, this team has no leaders on offense.

Our coaches don't give it either. We do no thave the heart of a champion. We will probaly turn it around a little and even make the playoffs. When we beat Denver I saw a team with a huge pair dangling. Now we look like losers. Just moping around. Until we find that passion to win again we are doomed.

Accept it now and it will make Januarys annual fate easier when it comes.

OMG so true....u barely ever see DAVE WANSTEDT YELLIN AT SOME1

Look, we may be playing the perfect team this week to get out of this rut. I say pound Ricky left, pound him right, pound him up the middle, hell, pound him while he is on the sidelines. Just give it to our best offensive player. This defense is solid, they held their own yesterday, I thought. I hate to say it, we need to play Chan Gailey ball until Jay is back......

I think we gotta do the exact opposite. i say we play action deep ball to chambers or mcmichael!! We showed way too much predictability in the first half against the packers. Started throwing the ball in the second half, and started getting somewhere at least.

That may work, but it is also high-risk. We need to play Chan ball with Ray. Ray can't carry this team like Jay can. I say give it to Ricky. He can carry this team......

There are going to be times any team struggles. Miami is struggling right now and Green Bay is not. You got smeared. It happens.

I thought the Herb looked more prepared to play than Lucas. Lucas has the skills he looked good in a lot of situations but he was not communicating properly with the receivers and then made a few very bad throws and drops. He doesn't know the offense and he's supposed to. Put in the Herb. Edwards benched Vinny (finally) and look what happened.

We are looking like the losers over at BBI. You have to vent that is what this site is for, but we aren't doomed yet. This team played with more heart than any Dolphin team that I have seen a few weeks ago in Denver. We proved we could play with the big boys that week, but we have to return to that form. On offense we lost a lot of players, and the result has been obvious. It just isn't Jay. Dixon is our leader of the o-line. OG was the leader of the WRs. Obviously Jay was the leader of the whole damn show. It is hard to combat those losses, but now is the time. Jay will be out but everyone else will be back, and it is time for someone to step up and make Ray or Sage look good. The o-line needs to block harder, Ricky needs to run harder, and the WRs need to run faster and jump higher than they ever did with Jay in there to make up for a 2nd string QB. Great teams do this when faced with sticky situations, and it doesn't get any stickyer than this Sunday in the Meadowlands.

I totaly agree with the first post about how this team doesn't have any emotion. I have been saying this for years. I think it is obviously Dave's fault, but I wouldn't want to see him losing controll. We got out coached on defense, and have many times in the past few years. Our defense has also been very inconsistent for the talent it boasts. I think this can all be traced back to Jim Bates. He doesn't get this d mentally prepared, and he is the most calm DC in the league. Defense is fueled by emotion, and that is wht I think a change has to be made there.

The last thing I have to add, is we have to take some shots down feild. I don't think we threw 1 pass longer than 10 yards untill that play where Ray went over the line after the game was over. The only way Ricky will be able to run is if we utilize the speed we have with Randy, Chambers, and McKnight. I am not saying we need to be like the Rams, but we have to take 3-4 shots to keep the D honest.

Back
Top Bottom