Finheaven Big Board | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven Big Board

Sumlit

Active Roster
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I don't know if this type of thing is done on this site by someone else. If it is, they can take over this thread and I can step aside with apologies.

Anyway, with the draft two weeks away I thought it would be a good idea to create a composite Big Board using all members' posts. We can use it after the picks have officially been made to weigh the Dolphins' picks against the sentiment of the members. I can take in all postings on this thread and post results next Thursday, one week before the draft.

Some rules to keep everything consistent:
1. We'll keep the Big Board limited to rounds 1 and 2. Later rounds are too unpredictable. (Though we can do it if people want)
2. No trades. For the purpose of this Big Board, assume picks #6, #18, #36 and #50 are locked.
3. Big Board in descending order. (1st player in your list is ahead of 2nd, etc.)
4. Minimum 1 player in your Big Board per pick.
5. Maximum 10 players in your Big Board per pick.
6. Do not include players you are not willing to pick with that pick. If only 2 players are in your opinion draftable at that pick, then include only 2.
7. Assume all players in previous pick Big Board are ahead of all those in the next pick. (ex. all players in pick #6 Big Board are ahead of choices for pick #18, so there is no need to include them again)
8. Keep it realistic, within reason. (no Pitts in round 2 for instance)
9. Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson are off any boards. (No need to include these considering almost certainty they'll be pick 1 and 2 respectively)

Methodology:
I will assign values to each player in the posted Big Board, higher values to players listed first and in higher picks, and I will make a composite average score using every single submitted post. I will post Big Board per pick and a an overall 2 round big board one week from today, next Thursday.

I can give more detail in the methodology when I post the results.

Example Big Board:

Pick #6 - Big Board

1. Kyle Pitts
2. DeVonta Smith
3. Jalen Waddle
4. Ja'Marr Chase
5. Penei Sewell

Pick #18 - Big Board
1. Micah Parsons
2. Rashawn Slater
3. Patrick Surtain II
4. Najee Harris
5. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
6. Rashod Bateman

Pick #36 - Big Board
1. Jaycee Horn
2. Azeez Ojulari
3. Kwity Paye
4. Zaven Collins
5. Jayson Oweh
6. Creed Humphrey
7. Travis Etienne
8. Alex Leatherwood
9. Jaelen Phillips

Pick #50 - Big Board
1. Javonte Williams
2. Landon Dickerson
3. Kadarius Toney
4. Baron Browning
5. Elijah Moore
6. Dillon Radunz
7. Carlos Basham

Thank you for participating!

Great idea, but a few thoughts;

#18 - I don't believe Slater or Surtain will be there. I think they bother come off the board somewhere between 6 and 15. I know it's a popular thing to have Parsons falling down, but I don't believe it happens. I understand the off the field stuff he went through, but the guy is the most dynamic defensive football player in this draft. Offenses will have to game plan against him. He's just a force. I do believe Flo really likes him and I wouldn't be shocked if he was the pick at #6. A few months ago most thought he was a sure thing top 10 pick.

#36 - I'm not sure any of those guys will be there at #36, I believe they all go before that and several in round one.

#50 - I think Toney goes near the end of round one. I don't like how he fights the ball at times, but man he's a video game circle button once he has the ball in his hands. I wouldn't be shocked if Dickerson goes in late round one either.

Great idea, but a few thoughts;

#18 - I don't believe Slater or Surtain will be there. I think they bother come off the board somewhere between 6 and 15. I know it's a popular thing to have Parsons falling down, but I don't believe it happens. I understand the off the field stuff he went through, but the guy is the most dynamic defensive football player in this draft. Offenses will have to game plan against him. He's just a force. I do believe Flo really likes him and I wouldn't be shocked if he was the pick at #6. A few months ago most thought he was a sure thing top 10 pick.

#36 - I'm not sure any of those guys will be there at #36, I believe they all go before that and several in round one.

#50 - I think Toney goes near the end of round one. I don't like how he fights the ball at times, but man he's a video game circle button once he has the ball in his hands. I wouldn't be shocked if Dickerson goes in late round one either.
I don't really disagree with those observations. My thought is I would not take those with the previous pick either because of value and/or need/fit, so I have them first in my Big Board for the next pick in case they drop and they become too much of a BPA type of deal to pass. Example, the 2 CBs I have in my boards, Surtain and Horn. We don't need CB, but if they drop, then it becomes a hard to pass on talent type of thing.

I don't really disagree with those observations. My thought is I would not take those with the previous pick either because of value and/or need/fit, so I have them first in my Big Board for the next pick in case they drop and they become too much of a BPA type of deal to pass. Example, the 2 CBs I have in my boards, Surtain and Horn. We don't need CB, but if they drop, then it becomes a hard to pass on talent type of thing.
I'm one of the few that believes CB is actually high on their draft priorities. I almost expect a CB to be taken in the first 2 rounds.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this type of thing is done on this site by someone else. If it is, they can take over this thread and I can step aside with apologies.

Anyway, with the draft two weeks away I thought it would be a good idea to create a composite Big Board using all members' posts. We can use it after the picks have officially been made to weigh the Dolphins' picks against the sentiment of the members. I can take in all postings on this thread and post results next Thursday, one week before the draft.

Some rules to keep everything consistent:
1. We'll keep the Big Board limited to rounds 1 and 2. Later rounds are too unpredictable. (Though we can do it if people want)
2. No trades. For the purpose of this Big Board, assume picks #6, #18, #36 and #50 are locked.
3. Big Board in descending order. (1st player in your list is ahead of 2nd, etc.)
4. Minimum 1 player in your Big Board per pick.
5. Maximum 10 players in your Big Board per pick.
6. Do not include players you are not willing to pick with that pick. If only 2 players are in your opinion draftable at that pick, then include only 2.
7. Assume all players in previous pick Big Board are ahead of all those in the next pick. (ex. all players in pick #6 Big Board are ahead of choices for pick #18, so there is no need to include them again)
8. Keep it realistic, within reason. (no Pitts in round 2 for instance)
9. Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson are off any boards. (No need to include these considering almost certainty they'll be pick 1 and 2 respectively)

Methodology:
I will assign values to each player in the posted Big Board, higher values to players listed first and in higher picks, and I will make a composite average score using every single submitted post. I will post Big Board per pick and a an overall 2 round big board one week from today, next Thursday.

I can give more detail in the methodology when I post the results.

Example Big Board:

Pick #6 - Big Board

1. Kyle Pitts
2. DeVonta Smith
3. Jalen Waddle
4. Ja'Marr Chase
5. Penei Sewell

Pick #18 - Big Board
1. Micah Parsons
2. Rashawn Slater
3. Patrick Surtain II
4. Najee Harris
5. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
6. Rashod Bateman

Pick #36 - Big Board
1. Jaycee Horn
2. Azeez Ojulari
3. Kwity Paye
4. Zaven Collins
5. Jayson Oweh
6. Creed Humphrey
7. Travis Etienne
8. Alex Leatherwood
9. Jaelen Phillips

Pick #50 - Big Board
1. Javonte Williams
2. Landon Dickerson
3. Kadarius Toney
4. Baron Browning
5. Elijah Moore
6. Dillon Radunz
7. Carlos Basham

Thank you for participating!
Pitts
Harris
Collins
Dickerson

I'm one of the few that believes CB is actually high on their draft priorities. I almost expect a CB to be taken in the first 2 rounds.
Taking a CB in the first 2 rounds of this draft would basically be saying they screwed up drafting Iggy in the first round last year.
‘Unless they intend to trade Howard if he asked for too much money to renegotiate his contract. I just don’t see CB being a need in the first two rounds with Jones and Howard as the starting CB’s and they signed Coleman in free agency to compete with Needham as the starting slot corner.

So unless they have already given up on Iggy, which I doubt, I will be very surprised if they draft a CB in the first two rounds of the draft.

Taking a CB in the first 2 rounds of this draft would basically be saying they screwed up drafting Iggy in the first round last year.
‘Unless they intend to trade Howard if he asked for too much money to renegotiate his contract. I just don’t see CB being a need in the first two rounds with Jones and Howard as the starting CB’s and they signed Coleman in free agency to compete with Needham as the starting slot corner.

So unless they have already given up on Iggy, which I doubt, I will be very surprised if they draft a CB in the first two rounds of the draft.
Not at all. This defense runs off man corners. Howard has played 2 full seasons in 6. They can get out of his contract after 2021. They can get out of Jones contract after 2022. CB is one of the toughest positions to come into as a rookie and excel. I expect Iggy to play a much bigger role this year. He was the youngest player in the league last year, I'm not worried about him yet.

Miami needs to plan the succession plan for Howard and Jones. Picking a CB to take their spot after they are gone is not good planning.

Sewell
Smith
Chase
Waddle

Parsons
Collins
Horn
Paye

Harris
Williams
Ojulari
Oweh

Dickerson
Humphrey
Meinerz
Tryon

E Smith
B Brown
T Wallace
Eskridge

Lecounte
E Mitchell
Banks
Cleveland

Need some clarification:
1. Is this who WE want or who we THINK they will pick?
2. Our picks are based on who WE think will be available at that spot? So if they are not, we are just flat out wrong?

Need some clarification:
1. Is this who WE want or who we THINK they will pick?
2. Our picks are based on who WE think will be available at that spot? So if they are not, we are just flat out wrong?

Who you want at each particular pick. Availability also based on what you think will be available. Also, you may add players in later picks that you think may not be available, but you would not take with previous pick. Example, Micah Parsons I would not take at pick 6, it is unlikely he'll be available at 18, but I have him first in my pick 18 Big Board.

Not at all. This defense runs off man corners. Howard has played 2 full seasons in 6. They can get out of his contract after 2021. They can get out of Jones contract after 2022. CB is one of the toughest positions to come into as a rookie and excel. I expect Iggy to play a much bigger role this year. He was the youngest player in the league last year, I'm not worried about him yet.

Miami needs to plan the succession plan for Howard and Jones. Picking a CB to take their spot after they are gone is not good planning.
I thought they were making those plans to replace one of these corners when they drafted Iggy. I just don’t see a need to draft a CB early in this years draft. So we will just have to agree to disagree on selecting a CB in the first two rounds this year. Especially when they have much bigger needs throughout their roster.

Back
Top Bottom