FinHeaven DT Rankings.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven DT Rankings....

midwest_phinfan

Starter
Reaction score
First of all I want to thank Boomer for the hard work on analyzing the draft prospects. However, I must object to having Randy Starks rated as the #1 DT in the draft. Granted this kid is a house and strong as they come. I went to the same high school 2 years ahead of him (Senior when he was a Sophmore) and I question his work ethic. He got by a lot on brute strength and not so much on hard work or good technique. I also saw him a lot at the University of Maryland and watched him a lot for the Terrapins. This guy is a lot bigger than he looks on tape and I don't fell he's all the quick at rushing the passer. Just like the quotes from coach Friedgen, he can be dominant at times but then he'll disappear for a few plays.

I'm not saying he isn't worth a first round gamble for a team that can take a chance on what might be a good DT in a few years, but I don't think the dolphins use their first round pick on a DT, no matter who it is. We either take an O-lineman or we trade down.....period. I would find it hard for the FO to take anyone in the first round other than an OT/G (unless Rivers is still on the board and the dolphins pull one of their patented first round unexpected picks).

Back
Top Bottom