FinHeaven End of the Year Awards- Debbie Downer Award | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven End of the Year Awards- Debbie Downer Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been mediocre for 25 years.

Post-Marino and Post-Shula we've ran through a carousel of coaches and quarterbacks that make the Lions, Raiders and Browns look like stable organizations.

Drafting has been an absolute disgrace.

Also while those teams have hit rock bottom now, all three have probably had more post-season success than the Dolphins since 1984-85.

What was once a crown jewel of the NFL, this organization has fallen off the map. That's just a fact.

Especially that ridiculous sig you have been carrying for a while. Its not even that funny the first time you read it.

I wont nominate anyone for this award. Afterall, is it really an award or a slap in the face?

It would make it almost impossible to give this award out and give someone a warning or ban for the "personal insult" rule or the TOS at the same time without being a hypocrite when you think about it.

:tongue2:

We've been mediocre for 25 years.

Post-Marino and Post-Shula we've ran through a carousel of coaches and quarterbacks that make the Lions, Raiders and Browns look like stable organizations.

Drafting has been an absolute disgrace.

Also while those teams have hit rock bottom now, all three have probably had more post-season success than the Dolphins since 1984-85.

What was once a crown jewel of the NFL, this organization has fallen off the map. That's just a fact.

This thread is not supposed to be about football, but rather awards, but I have to take issue with this. The Browns and Lions have never been to a Super Bowl. The Browns and Lions get some what of a pass because of their pre-nfl sucsess, but since the Browns were reinstated they have only made the post season once, and I think zero post season wins. I think the Lions have one win in the post season since the merger.

Just in the Dan Marino era we had 8 post season wins and went to one Super Bowl. Since Dan left we have been in 4 playoff games, and won one. Before then we were in 4 Super Bowls going 2-2. We have had what 3 top 10 draft picks in the past 30 years. The Raiders, Bengals, Lions, and Brown have had more than that in the past 10 years, and most of them have more than top 10 draft picks in the past 10 years that are no longer in the NFL.

We are not a laughing stock franchise. We are a wildly average franchise, who I suspect will not win ANOTHER(laughing stock franchises can't use that word when talking about Super Bowl wins) Super Bowl until I die.

I nominate you for this award, but hope you realize the sky is not falling.

It would make it almost impossible to give this award out and give someone a warning or ban for the "personal insult" rule or the TOS at the same time without being a hypocrite when you think about it.

What he said, how is this an award??

I'm not a fan of the little awards anyway it reminds me too much of the "old" FH.

But this particular one really seems spiteful.

Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" of your thread, carry on.

This thread is not supposed to be about football, but rather awards, but I have to take issue with this. The Browns and Lions have never been to a Super Bowl. The Browns and Lions get some what of a pass because of their pre-nfl sucsess, but since the Browns were reinstated they have only made the post season once, and I think zero post season wins. I think the Lions have one win in the post season since the merger.

Just in the Dan Marino era we had 8 post season wins and went to one Super Bowl. Since Dan left we have been in 4 playoff games, and won one. Before then we were in 4 Super Bowls going 2-2. We have had what 3 top 10 draft picks in the past 30 years. The Raiders, Bengals, Lions, and Brown have had more than that in the past 10 years, and most of them have more than top 10 draft picks in the past 10 years that are no longer in the NFL.

We are not a laughing stock franchise. We are a wildly average franchise, who I suspect will not win ANOTHER(laughing stock franchises can't use that word when talking about Super Bowl wins) Super Bowl until I die.

I nominate you for this award, but hope you realize the sky is not falling.

Well i said post 1984-1985. Which takes away what, 2 of Marino's playoff wins?

So that means we've won 7 playoff games in 25 years (6 with Marino, 1 with Fiedler). I'll give you the Lions only having one post-season win since the merger, though they like us consistently made the playoffs and LOST in the 1990s (6 times). The Browns, since their history officially includes the Browns of the late 80s went to 3 AFC title games to our two since 1985. The Raiders have been to at least 3 AFC title games that i can remember in that span also, and of course a Super Bowl.

Again we haven't hit rock bottom as often as some of these teams have, but we're hardly that much more successful.

It's quite shameful what this organization has become compared to the glory days of the 70's and early 80s.

Space and WV really aren't Debbie Downers. Yeah Space comes off negative, but he's a hoot during game chats and does give credit where credit is due. WV I've always liked, thing is if somebody gets on his **** list, they don't go off.

I'd give the award to insomnia411. I've never seen a poster make everything an organization did look negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom