Finheaven Staff Ask Us Anything | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finheaven Staff Ask Us Anything

Hmmm, odd. What do you want it to say? I'll change it for you then look into why your account isn't displaying that option...
How about something like, "Just don't blow it"

It's probably time to retire the avatar and sig...

Ok. I have a good one. What is the distant background noise on some sports broadcasts (I can hear it right now on the Masters) that is alternating up and down? It sounds like a distant Simon game playing. It's making me insane and no-one has an answer for it.

Ok. I have a good one. What is the distant background noise on some sports broadcasts (I can hear it right now on the Masters) that is alternating up and down? It sounds like a distant Simon game playing. It's making me insane and no-one has an answer for it.
Well if you stop listening to the broadcast you will have to change your name :NUTS:

For starters, I'd remove the hat...
1605323305649.png

Hi. I’m new to the forum and a fan of the dolphins from the U.K. when you say “ask us anything”. Does that mean really mean anything, even stupid questions that I really should know the answer to but don’t. If so, well here’s my first stupid question ...

What is “the secondary”. I mean if commentators say “the dolphins secondary is excellent”, I honestly don’t know what they mean. At first I thought they mean the defense. Now I’m thinking it means som part of the defense. Right??

Another thing that really bugs me is that there seems to be long break a in the game and I can’t really work out why no one is doing anything. I mean there’s the two minute warning and there’s time outs and at the end of each quarter and I guess they have a break if the ball is turned over, like after a punt or td or field goal. Outside of that there seems to be other longer breaks, or maybe I’m imagining it??

I understand nd that they stop for a short while between downs and reorganise for the next play. But what I Don’t understand is why exactly they have longer breaks and when specifically those breaks are.

sorry again for the think question. My excuse is that I’m a Brit and you know we dont get to see much nfl over here.

Hi. I’m new to the forum and a fan of the dolphins from the U.K. when you say “ask us anything”. Does that mean really mean anything, even stupid questions that I really should know the answer to but don’t. If so, well here’s my first stupid question ...

What is “the secondary”. I mean if commentators say “the dolphins secondary is excellent”, I honestly don’t know what they mean. At first I thought they mean the defense. Now I’m thinking it means som part of the defense. Right??
There are 11 players on the offense and on the defense
On the defense usually 3 or 4 play in the front line just opposite the offensive blockers. They are the linemen. DE or DT (defensive Tackles and ends)
Behind them are 3 or 4 linebackers (OLB -outside linebacker/ ILB-inside linebacker)
The smaller guys that line up opposite the wide receivers (pass catchers) on the outside are called cornerbacks(CB)
The smaller guys who are back a bit and the last line of defense are called safeties(FS-free safety and SS - strong safety)
Cornerbacks and safeties are considered the secondary

1609086162157.png

Right. Haha. I thought the secondary was that line of line backers. My logic was that the forward most of the team are th primary so the next line back would be the secondary and that would leave the safeties as the tertiary. Oh dear. Back to nfl school for me!!

Back
Top Bottom