FinHeaven Unleashes Draft Central | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven Unleashes Draft Central

Originally posted by Boomer
Working on that as well Surf. All hands to the pump as it were.

Great work as always. Especially interested in the WR position as I would guess we will grab at least one of them. A bit shocked at the Jenkins ranking and would love to debate it but that would be futile. Perhaps my time would be better spent arguing economic theory with Greenspan:lol: . Having said that what are the chances Jenkins falls to the 3rd round? If not what would it take to climb up and grab him? Thanks, as always, Boomer!!:D

Debate away Dreadlock - they are only my personal views. I think Jenkisn won't get past pick 40 if I'm honest. But I didn't think Chris Chambers would fall out of the 1st. But that said, Jenkins has played in a more pass oriented offense than CC and has return skills.

Great work at Draft Central. Keep it coming. Many thanks as it'll be used by I as a personal reference on draft day.

By the way, Mike Williams didn't shun Miami or Florida State, he was never recruited by them :-), Florida wanted him but only as a TE. Everyone thought he'd make a better TE than a reciever. But, he did not shun Miami or Florida State, might want to edit that.

I know, as a big recruiting fan that Williams turned FSU down. Bobby Bowden also wanted him to play TE, but Williams eliminated them early on. Larry Coker said that he would play TE behind Winslow and then Eric Winston who later moved to LT. He actually wanted to play for Florida and came close to joining Joe Tiller at Purdue, who would have played him at WR. Williams said that USC would make him the go to WR, whereas Bowden had said that he would be a TE and Bobby rarely uses the TE. Williams cited BJ Ward who went to FSU as a highly rated WR and then was moved to safety as a reason why he ruled against Florida State.

I remember on LOI day that neither Miami nor Florida State offered him a schollie. I too watch recruiting especially for my canes, this recruiting class is especially promissing, I'm looking forward to Monroe and Demps becoming cames next year too.

They actually in a way insulted Mike Williams, as FSU told him that he was too slow to play WR in their system......Coker just wasn't as aggressive in making it clear that his speed was not desirable to play the position.

UM really did not pursue him aggressively, and FSU basically insulted him......thus he went to USC to play his position of choice.

No scholarships were offered as he'd already made it clear that he was heading to SC. But I agree, recruiting is fascinating. May I point you in the direction of the late Willie Morris' The Courting of Marcus Dupree. Stunning insight into the life of a recruit.

BTW - offensive tackles are done and I will be sending them to Muck tonight. He has Tight ends also - only a 1-5 but there will be a sleeper, late round goodies section forthcoming once the positional ratings are done. When I get a second I will do the mock as well. Or finish it.

Boomer, I agree wholeheartedly with the top QBs on your list. Saw Big Ben play on TV five or six times in the past two years and was awed by his natural abilities. He has only upsides: big, strong, elusive, smart. He won't be a starter right away, but then watch out.

Originally posted by Muck

The blue knight rules!! The red knight sucks......!!! You're goin' down, red knight!!

Come back here so that I may brain thee!

Back
Top Bottom