Fins Could Leave Davie, Move To Miami-dade County | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Could Leave Davie, Move To Miami-dade County

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The fins could be moving to Dade County

The news was included in the 2026 World Cup bid book submitted by the North American partnership

"Future Miami Dolphins Training Site, Miami, Florida: Scheduled to open in 2022, this future training site for the NFL Miami Dolphins will feature three pristine athletic fields, at least two of which will be natural grass playing surfaces

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article210068234.html

Not a sure thing..

Now that the US has got the world cup this might actually happen, which would be good for the team.

However, woth nothing that half the planet seems to be sharing that world cup, the US will only get a certain number of venues and they will have a lot of options.

The final is supposed to be at Metlife and I read the first US game will be at the rose bowl. The other nations will obviously get atleast one (probably more than one) venue each. So that leaves Hard Rock fighting with every other large NFL/Baseball stadium for one of a small number of slots.

Teams do use various training camps in the weeks before the tournament, but there are great options like UCLA which the worlds biggest clubs (United and Real Madrid were both based at UCLA last summer) flock to every year

Though Ross might pay for it himself even if he doesnt get any world cup $$$

Last edited:
I mean half the planet LOL, hyperbole much.

There are 16 cities . . . 3 in Canada, 3 in Mexico and 10 in the U.S.

80 total games (tournament will be 48 teams) . . . 60 of those games in the U.S.

So Miami needs to make the list of 10 U.S. cities . . .17 are currently in the running.

I will agree it is not a shoe in for Miami to host as Orlando has familiarity hosting World Cup games and has the hotels, airport, big stadium, attractions and multi cultural backing to be the “Florida” choice. One thing helping Miami is Atlanta is a lock and the distance from Atlanta to Miami makes it a good separation for people in the Southeast.

Ross should not be confident that it is a given. Question is can Florida get two of the 10 spots. Probably not.

My current guess:

Locks
Los Angeles
New York
Atlanta
Dallas
D.C.

Likely
San Francisco (nearly a lock with Cali needing a second city)
Kansas City (no Chicago, Midwest hub and passionate soccer community)
Seattle (secures west Canada and another passionate soccer community)
Boston (better distance in the jumbled northeast, close to east Canada)

The Battle
Miami vs. Orlando (This is tougher than it seems, Orlando absolutely has a better current venue to host events and teams and can certainly accommodate tourists unlike any city in the world and has a very populous Latin community . . . But the flare of Miami will probably get it done.).

Left Out

Philly (Northeast numbers game)
Baltimore (too close to D.C.)
Nashville (too close to ATL)
Houston (too close to Dallas)
Denver
Cincy

Maybe Im a little biased since it’s so close to me, but where they have it now seems great.

It’s tucked away nicely at Nova, I mean not that they couldn’t find a place in Mia. but what are the concerns with Davie?

I guess they may want more space that isn’t available in Davie.

Maybe Im a little biased since it’s so close to me, but where they have it now seems great.

It’s tucked away nicely at Nova, I mean not that they couldn’t find a place in Mia. but what are the concerns with Davie?

It’s a bit small and I think Ross wants to attract major sporting events by having a world class training facility on display.

The one in Dallas is ridiculous and makes Nova look laughable.

I agree, it’s fine enough, but Ross has dealt with competition since becoming owner, he knows he needs better to ultimately compete.

It’s a bit small and I think Ross wants to attract major sporting events by having a world class training facility on display.

The one in Dallas is ridiculous and makes Nova look laughable.

I agree, it’s fine enough, but Ross has dealt with competition since becoming owner, he knows he needs better to ultimately compete.
My daughter's high school team had a playoff game in the Cowboys' Ford Center (their indoor "practice" facility). It's in the middle of what feels like a Cowboys-centric shopping center, complete with shops, restaurants, etc. When we walked out of the game, they were in the middle of lighting all the Christmas lights, and Jerry Jones was there greeting fans. I gotta admit, it felt pretty magical.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, that place is pretty amazing. I would love to see the Dolphins have something similar.

My daughter's high school team had a playoff game in the Cowboys' Ford Center (their indoor "practice" facility). It's in the middle of what feels like a Cowboys-centric shopping center, complete with shops, restaurants, etc. When we walked out of the game, they were in the middle of lighting all the Christmas lights, and Jerry Jones was there greeting fans. I gotta admit, it felt pretty magical.

As much as I hate the Cowboys, that place is pretty amazing. I would love to see the Dolphins have something similar.

the marlins could use the cowboys practice facility for playoff games

usp_nfl-_dallas_cowboys_facility_tour-17.jpg

cowboys-practice-facility-1516-getty-ftrjpg_annyg8913blk1heesbwancwbv.jpg

There was a report which said that even though the fins have invested millions in the facility in recent years, they have simply run out of space and have to use outdoors sheds etc in davie

Last edited:
The Battle
Miami vs. Orlando (This is tougher than it seems, Orlando absolutely has a better current venue to host events and teams and can certainly accommodate tourists unlike any city in the world and has a very populous Latin community . . . But the flare of Miami will probably get it done.).
Orlando wins that battle in a landslide, especially if Disney starts waving their credit card around.

Orlando wins that battle in a landslide, especially if Disney starts waving their credit card around.

Oh no question, right now, Orlando wins that battle relatively easy.

I think the big factor is having a tri county area with double the population, potentially a Latin majority in 8 years and more distance between the next major venue in Atlanta. High speed trains from Orlando to Miami should be up and running by then and Miami is supposed to have some major additions like Mall of America of the South by then.

I think you would be hard pressed to find an area in the U.S. that puts so many cultures on display, it really is a good fit for the World Cup from that aspect.

Orlando is a safe, quality option perfect to accomodate worldwide tourists and families. . . .Miami is a more marketable World Cup market (even with a Disney Orlando) if they have their **** together by then.

I mean half the planet LOL, hyperbole much.

My current guess:

Locks
Los Angeles
New York
Atlanta
Dallas
D.C.

Likely
San Francisco (nearly a lock with Cali needing a second city)
Kansas City (no Chicago, Midwest hub and passionate soccer community)
Seattle (secures west Canada and another passionate soccer community)
Boston (better distance in the jumbled northeast, close to east Canada)

The Battle

Left Out

Philly (Northeast numbers game)
Baltimore (too close to D.C.)
Nashville (too close to ATL)
Houston (too close to Dallas)
Denver
Cincy

Not to be critical but who would want to play World Cup soccer in incredibly hot and humid Summer weather cities like Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Dallas, DC, Houston, Nashville and many other cities. San Francisco and Denver probably have the most ideal weather. Large population centers will very likely get a nod, but unless you are playing indoors, I can’t see fans wanting to roast and sweat outdoors.

Not to be critical but who would want to play World Cup soccer in incredibly hot and humid Summer weather cities like Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Dallas, DC, Houston, Nashville and many other cities. San Francisco and Denver probably have the most ideal weather. Large population centers will very likely get a nod, but unless you are playing indoors, I can’t see fans wanting to roast and sweat outdoors.

I don’t disagree . . .It’s just a smaller factor in the grand scheme of things.

Hell with a 2 hour soccer match, do you know how many people roast 12 hours in a Orlando theme park every summer lol. I will never do any of them again in June, July or August. . . Catch me at the hotel pool lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom