Fins could use these 2 free agent Seahawks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins could use these 2 free agent Seahawks

KeyHawk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
WR Darrell Jackson and Left OT Walter Jones (Pro Bowler) are two unrestricted free agents that could improve the Fins' offense. Though Jackson had a slump (dropped passes) during the 2003 season, he's still a decent number 2 receiver. Jackson would work well opposite Chambers.

What else can be said about Jones. He's just one of the best Left OTs in the game and would be a huge improvement to the Fins' O-Line.

Now, here's the status of Jackson and Jones in so far as possibly returning to Seattle.

Holmgren wants all his unrestricted free agents back. He has indicated that players like Jackson want to stay in Seattle but that they should and will test the market. Holmgren also believes that players like Jackson will at least give Seattle a chance to match offers from other teams.

As for Jones, there's no way he will be a Dolphin. Seattle will once again tag him as a Franchise player. For now, Miami doesn't have 2 first rounders to deal away for another team's Franchise player.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's Jones asking for? Something like 5m in his first year?

Jackson is actually my first choice at WR(of course TO is out of the question).

I know how bad everyone complains when McKnight drops the ball, it's gonna be worse & more frequent if we brought in Darrell Jackson. He dropped 4 or 5 passes in a row & lead the NFL in drops according to Stats Inc. who is VERY lenient when it comes to these stats, so it's more likely that he had around 20.

I like the Seahawks, they're my second favorite team, I like Darrell Jackson, just not for my favorite team.

Walters Jones is what? 30?

He's nearing the end of the road, where as our LT is just about to blossom. I wouldn't take Jones for HALF the money he thinks he's worth.

I'll tacke Hutchinson though.

Wade Smith should be fine at LT once he hits the weight room hard this off season. I have a lot of confidence in the kid because he played admirably after being forced into playing during his year of learning & lifting.

Good point SMad. I think your inbox is full. Did you see my PM?

Originally posted by Jaj
Good point SMad. I think your inbox is full. Did you see my PM?

I'll go check right now. I think there's something wrong with my PM box because it never says when there's something in it.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Jackson is actually my first choice at WR(of course TO is out of the question).

I like Bruce first. Has the ring, experience and the desire to play here. With that desire he may come cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom