Fins draft Navy WR Malcolm Perry in 7th round | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins draft Navy WR Malcolm Perry in 7th round

Even though you're right, let me give one observation. For the last few months there have been heated discussions for and against a prospect. Both sides base their opinions on 'tape.' Tape is NOT the gold standard.

As for Perry, when he's on the field he gets the Ds attention. That says a lot

Kid could prove to be a SPECTACULAR R7 pick!

Or not.

But you have to admire the gusto we attack late picks with.

My opinion.

Of course.

BNF

Dont think there is a roster spot for the guy but maybe practice squad

This kid, along with a Belichick personally-designed Defense on that Navy team, were the reasons they finished the season ranked #20 in college football. That's pretty decent for an academy team. Every game, on most plays, the entire team, the other team, and the masses in the stadium knew who would get the rock...and they still couldn't shut him down. Very elusive and has great vision.

I hope he can translate it to a spot on the Dolphins. There are some niche spots (several) he could fill and enjoy some nice production. Gadget him in on a few plays in the pre-season/early season, and defenses have to account for him...that's always good.

Nothing against the kid and the jump cuts are rediculous but this has spot gimmick usage written all over it.

Back
Top Bottom