Fins draft Navy WR Malcolm Perry in 7th round | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins draft Navy WR Malcolm Perry in 7th round

He can play right away and do his 5 years (Navy) later. I love this pic but thought of him as a receiver. I believe he impressed as a receiver in East-West practices.

If there was always a place for him he wouldn't have been drafted in the 7th round.

I think he is going to have to be dynamic on specials..not just as a returner, but all aspects of that unit if he hopes to make it.

If there was always a place for him he wouldn't have been drafted in the 7th round.

just shows teams lack of modernizing. We saw the ravens success with the triple option and the saints rays on hill packages. Not saying he’s Lamar jackson or Hill but he can catch, he’s very shifty/quick, he can catch and throws a pretty decent ball along with returning duties. He’s a playmaker, only downfall is his size and if he can take the beating at the nfl. Lynn Bowden was a name the Dolphinsopenly we’re interested in but he was taken prior Miami had a chance but that goes to show me that Miami has a big interest in a Tyson hill type player and Perry fits that mold.

Ran a 4.63, but his lateral quickness is exceptional. With that shiftiness, the potential is very, very interesting.

Cute l'il fella!

Unsure where he can find a position?

Some kind of /slash/slot/trickster to piss off Belicheat?

:lol:
I think that you're correct and it's a bit of a double whammy because he comes straight out of the Naval Academy, Annapolis. Bill Belichick's Dad was on the coaching staff of Navy for a very long time and Bill grew up in Annapolis rooting for Navy. This is where he learned his core football coaching tenet of discipline.
BTW - Malcolm Perry is probably tough as hell and to get into the Naval Academy he's also very intelligent and a high character guy. Didn't realize until just now that both his parents had over 20 years military service (ie over 40 years combined). He's not just a cute lil fella as you describe above, he's tough.

Last edited:
Another Wes Welker type that Phins gave away. Maybe he will make a big play from wildcat and stick.

I feel like this is the Isaac Asiata of this years draft. Don't get me wrong it could work out but I just mean if we don't see him on the field there will be multiple threads asking about him.

Back
Top Bottom