Fins draft Navy WR Malcolm Perry in 7th round | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins draft Navy WR Malcolm Perry in 7th round

I feel like this is the Isaac Asiata of this years draft. Don't get me wrong it could work out but I just mean if we don't see him on the field there will be multiple threads asking about him.
H'es a 7th round pick. He's not expected to make the team let alone contribute right away. People really overhyping this dude on this site.

Finally had some time to watch him today. I am not going to say “watched film on this kid and...” like this board loves to do like they are NFL executives with secret tape. I watched him on YouTube. I do have football knowledge. I don’t have ‘tapes’. I watched YouTube. This dude is a weapon. There could almost be some type of wildcat 2.0 coming soon.

I can see Perry adding more value to the roster than a player like Jakeem Grant, who is pretty much one dimensional as a return man since he adds next to nothing as a receiver.

I just have a hard time seeing how people think a NFL player who has made 53 man rosters and has actually played in more than 50 games isn't likely a better option at this point than a player who has only played the position for a few snaps in college, for a non-passing team at that. I think Perry could become a decent receiver, but it's going to take some time and work with coaches. Likely at least one year on the practice squad in my opinion. Grant at his current contract might not be a good roster fit, but just from a player stand point I think he knows the position better than a college option qb would.The funny thing it wasn't long ago when Grant signed his new contract that people here were saying he was worth it and that he was better receiver than Parker, which was laughable in it's own right.

I really wanted Lynn Bowden Jr, so I’m gonna give this kid a shot, not sure why we didn’t take our shot but ok.

Last edited:
In 2009 we drafted Pat White. He also was a undersized qb. He had more rushing yards(4400) and more TDS (47). We saw how that worked out. Ike Taylor almost paralyzed him.

Last edited:
Finally had some time to watch him today. I am not going to say “watched film on this kid and...” like this board loves to do like they are NFL executives with secret tape. I watched him on YouTube. I do have football knowledge. I don’t have ‘tapes’. I watched YouTube. This dude is a weapon. There could almost be some type of wildcat 2.0 coming soon.

Classic dude! Well played. Have the same thoughts on a (all too) frequent basis!

:lol:

Funny thing is "tape" is such a burnt-out analog!

We all watch binary digital! Even the "film" is such!

Tho Walter Cronkite did watch "film/tape!"

To the person who likened him to Wayne Chrebet. He is nothing like Wayne Chrebet, are you saying that just because they were both short ?

wayne was a thorn in our side, one of the most clutch, tough possession receivers I can remember that lacked top end talent. I hated him so bad as a fins fan, but I have nothing but respect for his game

Classic dude! Well played. Have the same thoughts on a (all too) frequent basis!

:lol:

Funny thing is "tape" is such a burnt-out analog!

We all watch binary digital! Even the "film" is such!

Tho Walter Cronkite did watch "film/tape!"
Gold standard some like to believe.

Even though you're right, let me give one observation. For the last few months there have been heated discussions for and against a prospect. Both sides base their opinions on 'tape.' Tape is NOT the gold standard.

As for Perry, when he's on the field he gets the Ds attention. That says a lot

Back
Top Bottom