fins game is not the only the game to watch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

fins game is not the only the game to watch

C

chada456

...rooting for Fins of course and for the hopes of a playoff miracle...
Titans over the Jags!
(division rivals, Tenn. is almost as hot as the fins, vince young is playin great... big upset, its possible)

Carolina over Pittsburgh!
(Pitt is pretty hot lately, but panthers need this to stay alive in the NFC)

Arizona over Denver!
(Denver's been falling off the charts, defensive letdowns and now a rookie QB thrown in too early, Cardinals are lookin hot... upset of the week?)

San Diego over KC!
(LT, need I say more)

Indy over Cinci!
(In Indy, Monday night, this is going to be a shootout, Peyton Manning vs. Carson Palmer, Manning hopefully gets the edge)

And doesn't affect much but what the hell...
Minnesota over Jets!
Texans over Pats!

chada456 said:
Titans over the Jags!
(division rivals, Tenn. is almost as hot as the fins, vince young is playin great... big upset, its possible)

Arizona over Denver!
(Denver's been falling off the charts, defensive letdowns and now a rookie QB thrown in too early, Cardinals are lookin hot... upset of the week?)

San Diego over KC!
(LT, need I say more)

Indy over Cinci!
(In Indy, Monday night, this is going to be a shootout, Peyton Manning vs. Carson Palmer, Manning hopefully gets the edge)

Minnesota over Jets!
Texans over Pats!
Thanks for the breakdown. AZ over Denver seems the most unlikely right now. The Titans and Jags are both on fire right now, so this will be a great matchup, along with Cincy vs a pissed off Colts team.

One question though, why do Jets not matter much? I know we play them in a game, which we obviously need to win, but that would still leave us tied with the Jets who would have the tie-breaker with division record.

Assuming we win out, and they beat Minnesota and Oakland but lose to us, we would both finish 9-7. Our division records would both be 6-6. We both won one game in the head to head. According to tie breaker scenarios, it goes as follows:
1. Head to head- Even
2. Division Record- Even
3. Common Games- Even
4. Conference Record- Even
5. Strength of Victory- Key victories to Chicago and (soon-to-be) Indy would get us over the Jets.

If Cincinnati AND Jacksonville BOTH win, Miami is mathematically eliminated from the post season. If not, we will still have our slim hopes alive. I've already got SD penciled in for a win over KC and I doubt Indy loses 3 games in a row. Now we just need to hope for one upset, weather it's Arizona beating Denver or Tennessee beating Jacksonville doesn't really matter. As long as we win on Sunday, and Indy wins Monday night, we will still be alive heading into week 16. How could we really ask for more after starting 1-6? It would be a miracle to still be alive heading into Christmas night and that is my wish. How awesome would it be to have some purpose in week 17? Man, if that happens, I'll be thrilled!

Best Scenario is that the Jags and Bengals both lose.

Right now Id say if we win out we have a 15% chance of making the playoffs. If Cincy and Jax both lose and we win Id say that number ups to about 30%.

We will not make the playoffs......
Too many things need to happen.:(

Sorry but those looking at the playoffs through aqua tinted glasses will not change the fact this team sucked for 7 weeks before deciding to get its act together.:o

If this team made the playoffs it would be tantamount to a real life miracle..and we all know how often those happen.:eek:

jags won't lose out, we gotta hope for cincinnatti to break down again
maybe a key (but not serious) injury to chad johnson or palmer that they will be out for a game or two

We're done, stick a fork in us, we're toast. No way enough things happen to get us into the playoffs. Even if we got in, with our offense we'd be one game & out.

Again too little too late for the Fins.

jags dont HAVE to lose out, if they lose to the titans and the titans win out, then the titans beat the jags with a better division record and eliminate them, then we have the tiebreaker over the titans... yes i know its a long shot, just saying...

chada456 said:
Titans over the Jags!

Arizona over Denver!

San Diego over KC!
(LT, need I say more)

Indy over Cinci!

Minnesota over Jets!
Texans over Pats!
I will be keeping an eye on them. In our slim hopes i still beleave!!!!!!!!!

jags won't lose out, we gotta hope for cincinnatti to break down again
maybe a key (but not serious) injury to chad johnson or palmer that they will be out for a game or two

jags have a shot at losin out IF they can somehow lose to titans (Who are playin really well as of late).. they then play new england who maybe the only time in my life, ill be rooting for, and finally they must go to arrowhead to play kc (1. jags suck on the road, 2. kc has only lost ONCE in the last 10 years at home in december.. that loss coming to the ravens last week)

yeah basically the one KEY thing that needs to happen is the titans beating the jags... if that happens that makes things easier to fall into place... if not, we're done...

Back
Top Bottom