Fins / Jets game picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins / Jets game picks

LAfinfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
According to the sports writers here in the West, the Dolfins are a mess with no confidence and no Qb. They feel that the jets will continue with the formula for success and continue to dare Lucas to pass. On the other side the Jets they claim are getting it together with Pennington and confindent that they can stop Ricky. For the first time this year, Iam picking the jets. It hurts!
Jets 21 Miami 7

I am going to be dumb and faithfull. I am picking Miami. WHy?

I really like the macthup of Miami's pass defense against the young QB. I think we can rattle and confuse him. I also like the matchup of Ricky running the ball.

I am taking Miami in a steady but winning performance. I believe the Jets will jump out early then they will swap scores with Miami pulling away on the fourth quarter.

Prediction:

Miami- 24
Jets- 14

ALLLLRRRIIIIGGGHHTTTT MIAAAAMMI!

I am going to be hopeful that we get our TO act together and play a real conservative game on O. On D, we will try to get to Chad and force TOs and we will hopefully be successful there or else. Lastly, we need to keep STs out of the mix as a determining factor in the game since the Jets and Westhoff have the best return game in the NFL.

If all three points are made,
Dolphins 17
Jets 13

otherwise, :shakeno: :help: :jetssuck:

The way I see it we are going to need either a special teams or Defensive TD to win this game and also a GREAT game from the defense. I am going with my heart instead of my head and say we get both.

Dolphins 10
jets 3

A boring game to watch but a win is a win

I think the return of Dixon will help the running game and give Lucas time in the pocket. Hopefully this will be enough to get us over the top and get some points on the board early.

Phins 24-17

GO PHINS

Originally posted by DenniYork
Jets 35
Miami 21
:confused: because

• Lucas will turn it over for another TD ?
  • Vinny will return for injured Chad and remind everyone of 1999
  • John Abraham will make Dixon wish he was on IR
  • there will never be another streak ever again

:jk:

BTW - watch out for fleas in NM

I see the Miami D very pumped up to prove the doubters wrong.. and forcing Pennington into having a very bad game.. I also see a very big day for Ricky and Miami rolling.. with Lucas making a bad mistake or two to give the Jets good field position they put a few points on the board.. but it won't be enough..
Miami 27
Jets 16

Originally posted by dolphan39
:confused: because

• Lucas will turn it over for another TD ?
  • Vinny will return for injured Chad and remind everyone of 1999
  • John Abraham will make Dixon wish he was on IR
  • there will never be another streak ever again

:jk:

BTW - watch out for fleas in NM

Forget the fleas, though I had a couple of close calls. Some poor sap from here went to N.Y. for vacation and came to realize he has the bubonic plague due to rats on his property over here. Holy Crap!

Anyway, the 21 points I feel come from Ricky, the "D" and/or special teams. Our comes from special teams, defense, offense gets three. You got 10 against GB. I think you could get a little more from us.

By the way I'm done with the smack talking. It's getting closer to the game and being a jet fan you can only hope things go right.

P.S.- IF VINNY COMES OUT TO PLAY I'LL BE A BASKETCASE. Though he has had a lot of rest and that can only help him at his age.

I wish I didn't predict last week

Ok so this is the third game in the UK that has been show live on TV. UK viewers have been treated to the Fiedler injury era and all the hard won credibility of the Denver game is a hollow memory.

Hero though he may have been playing hurt to set-up the game winning kick, he's not all there is to this team. Special teams have in the last two games done their job pretty well (we've learned to live without special teams touchdowns over the years) giving us some reasonable field position.

Our D has performed above and beyond to keep us in two games we should have been well out of.

Last time out, Ray had a better game and his supporting cast dropped the ball. But, with a game under his belt I think CC senior can still become an impact player. Lucas has shown he can hang. Ricky can always get something done.

Due respect to the Jets, they have renewed hope that their season isn't over due to the results going their way in recent weeks. But I don't think the Fins can go from heros to zeros just like that, from Denver to Buffalo. There's some win's in them yet, even without Jay returning.

Dolphins 17 Jets 6

(However, if you're looking for omens, Dolphins don't do very well when being shown on UK TV. This could mean losses in coming weeks to the Jets, Ravens, Chargers and Bears).

Jets 31 - dolphins 13
lucas will not finish the game....sage will come in and throw a TD in the 2nd Qtr to make it 10-7 - jets blow it open in the second half

Dolphins-24
Jets-10

Passing game finally breaks out, and the Jets won't know how to defend it. Chambers finally gets his big play. Ricky pounds it in the second half. Pennington struggles against this secondary like most young QBs do......

17-13 Jets

The Jets are starting that roll we hate to see and their playing fired up and the Fins aren't playing with any fire at all.

Lucas hasn't showed anything so far and he only took less than half the snaps this week in practice.

The Jets will plug the OL up and force Lucas or the kid to pass the ball.
Right now any teams defense looks good against the Fins offense and that carrys over to the defense dealing with turnovers and playing a short field. Rght now the Fins can't control the game without Jay and I don't see this team winning until he gets back.
NO ONE is stepping up on offense, no one, not Ray, Ricky, Chambers, McMicheals or any of the OLmen. Turner has no doubt scaled the offense down in order to fit Ray or Sage and in turn the defense has to carry the load and they're not as dominate as they once were, they need Jay back as badly as the offense does.

Miami 31
Jets 17

Lucas bounces back and has a career day vs. his old team.

Back
Top Bottom