Fins looking to potentially trade X? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins looking to potentially trade X?

You can acquire talent through the draft or free agency, the value of the draft pick is in saving money against the cap. Moving X for picks would likely leave the dolphins with a ton of dead cap space. Unless the team were to receive at least 2 mid to high firsts, it simply is not worth it.

So what draft picks are we going to parlay into someone(s) as productive as 16 INTs in his last 25 games or something? And what about the defense when we go from 2 elite corners to 1 again? Anyone who thinks this is a good idea is entitled to their opinion, but if it happens, I really hope you don’t bitch when the defense goes back to sucking like it did before Jones and Howard were in the lineup simultaneously. And the sample size is bigger than that. X’s entire career here the “the other guy” has been picked on mercilessly and we’ve had little success stopping anyone. We have a good thing going. Makings of a championship defense sewing seeds right now. The backbone being the CBs. Our sacks are mostly coverage sacks by the way. We have our QB - what could someone possibly offer that would trump having 2 great corners who give our defense the ability to be creative w personnel - X and Jones together make everyone else on D better.

I wouldn’t ship him even for a 1. So we’ll be gaining a 1 only to draft a CB praying they can be as good as X..... makes little sense. I understand his contract is a lot but at some point we need to decide he we are going to be a franchise that keeps talent and contends it will we be a Marlins team and trade talent just to try and draft the same talent later. It’s a never ending cycle

I wouldn’t ship him even for a 1. So we’ll be gaining a 1 only to draft a CB praying they can be as good as X..... makes little sense. I understand his contract is a lot but at some point we need to decide he we are going to be a franchise that keeps talent and contends it will we be a Marlins team and trade talent just to try and draft the same talent later. It’s a never ending cycle
Thank you. This idea of trading the best player on our team is beyond dumb.

The only benefit to trading X is cashing out before his knees give in. But assuming we don't get an O'Brien-like deal, he's too damn good not to take the risk he holds up. The man is a hawk.

20201028_150113.jpg

Thank you. This idea of trading the best player on our team is beyond dumb.
That's like saying I own a Porsche but the motor gives me to many problems and cost to much to fix.
So I keep the Porsche and sell my Toyota.

He’s the top grade on d and gaining steam on the top grade overall teams should be calling about him...and Miami should be saying thanks but no thanks

Back
Top Bottom