Fins looking to potentially trade X? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins looking to potentially trade X?

Thank you Jesus - time to open the Dom Perignon champagne. If true, Omar finally has to live with the consequences of spreading his BS rumors. He (and Adam Beasley) don't just try to report on the Dolphins, they consciously try to spin negative stories about the team to harm the team. Many questions asked by OK (his initials are pretty ironic) at press conferences were intended grenades to blow up Coach Flores. No wonder the Dolphins want to ban him from the team facilities. Maybe his bosses had also had enough of his intentional trouble-making. BTW - warning to Adam Beasley - you could be next...

Last edited:
I’d move X but ideally after the season. We’re still in the thick of it and losing a top tier CB now makes little sense unless it’s a crazy offer.

Omar is a joke, dude can't even spell disclosure. How he is still employed is beyond me. He never has any "inside sources" and his football analysis is atrocious.

Omar is a joke, dude can't even spell disclosure. How he is still employed is beyond me. He never has any "inside sources" and his football analysis is atrocious.
None of them can spell, especially on Twitter. I only see the ones people paste here, but still

Allen Poopart, who used to work for the Dolphins, and now covers the Dolphins for Sports Illustrated, I think, has very poor spelling and grammar. Even his spellchecker can't help him.

So many of the NFL.com "writers" make mistakes.

Don't SI and the NFL have proofreaders? Get some interns.

I'm a huge Xavien Howard fan--always have been since before we drafted him. I was the guy the first couple of years telling everyone to be patient because it takes a while for those type of physical CB's to adjust to the NFL. I explained he is a dominant physical guy who has tremendous ballhawking skills ... even before he displayed them at the NFL level. He developed into a dominant ballhawking CB. I also called the Byron Jones opportunity posibly spurring Xavien Howard to tremendous heights as it forces X to be targeted, and predicted it could lead to a career type year in terms of takeaways. He already has started proving that right too.

So, I'm totally happy with X, and would hate to lose him.

But ... every player has their price. He has already had some domestic issues which could threaten his playing time if it happens in the future. He has endured a lot of injuries, and as he gets older those will get worse not better. He makes a LOT of money, and we don't want an asset of that value on the trainer's table rehabbing. _IF_ we were going to sell him ... his value is high right now. We have our final monster-haul draft horde in 2021, and the 2020 and 2021 classes will form the backbone of success for Coach Flo if he does in fact have success. If we could get a 1st rounder for X, free up that cap space, and replace him with a young talented CB, it might actually make sense.

Not advocating for this one, but if it happens and we get a 1st rounder (without giving up a 2nd rounder or something dumb like that), then I can't be too upset about it. X is a great player, and those don't come around very often. Look at how missed Jalen Ramsey was to the team that lost him--despite his horrible attitude. We have nobody to replace X. We will likely NOT replace those takeaways, just like we haven't replaced Kiko Alonso's takeaways despite pouring huge assets into the position with draft picks (Raekwon McMillan, Jerome Baker, Andrew Van Ginkel), trades (Vince Beagel), and free agents (Kyle Van Noy, Elandon Roberts).

Takeaways are IMPORTANT.

Guys who just look at sacks or tackles lose the reality of the game. Teams that win the turnover battle usually win the game. Offenses that don't turn the ball over, help the team win. Defenses that take the ball away, help the team win. The guys who can produce takeaways season after season are VERY RARE. When you get one of those guys ... you need to keep them. If we lose X, that is the one skill in the entire defense we may never be able to replace. Teams will draft 10 ballhawks for every 1 they really get ... because that skill is so scarce. How many teams have tried to draft "The Next Ed Reed" ... probably 2 legitimate stars in the 1st round every year ... and none have duplicated it. One I really liked and suggested we draft, but we didn't, was Earl Thomas, and as great as he is (was), he never was Ed Reed.

Passrushers are worth their weight in gold. Guys who produce takeaways are worth their weight in precious gems.

OK now I know I'm either dreaming or this is all some delayed April Fools joke. First the Tua starting news and now this. Either I'm asleep, it's all a joke or I'm dead and my brain is playing tricks on me in my final seconds of subconsciousness.
It's fake but still funny

Maybe just maybe Steve Anderson doesn't have insider knowledge on Sun Sentinel's HR...

Everyone who believed that tweet should think long and hard before voting lol

Maybe just maybe Steve Anderson doesn't have insider knowledge on Sun Sentinel's HR...

Everyone who believed that tweet should think long and hard before voting lol

You see this is why I make a horrible juror. I believe every thing. I go from maybe he's innocent to he sure seems guilty to me in the drop of a hat depending on which closing argument I'm hearing.

Gotta figure it's one of the top tier teams in the league

1) KC
2) Pitts
3) Seattle
4) Arizona
5) Balitmore
6) NO ?
7) Browns?
8) Rams
9) GB

I can’t see KC having the money. Pittsburgh was my immediate thought. Seattle doesn’t have 1st rounder the next two years. Arizona for sure. Baltimore, NO....probably not unless we swapped Michael Thomas and hopefully received a draft pick as well.

Brown are desperate to catch the better teams in their division. Chubb, a 2nd and 5th? Maybe.

Green Bay and LAR? Absolutely on both accounts. Ramsey and Howard could potentially form the best duo......ever? Maybe not but thy would be a QBs nightmare, in addition to the QB nightmare they already possess on the DL.

All that said, I love the player and absolutely need to be blown away with a trade offer.

Back
Top Bottom