Fins looking to potentially trade X? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins looking to potentially trade X?

It is pretty puzzling that the Sun-Sentinel have kept Omar employed through the years.

I mean, do they even evaluate their staff?

Should have learned my lesson. If it's Dolphins related and local sources, if it isn't coming from Barry Jackson, I'm not buying it.

So we get rid of X and at best get 1st rnd pick and then we... replace him with who????? A first round rookie pick? Salary cap against a potential flop.

So we get rid of X and at best get 1st rnd pick and then we... replace him with who????? A first round rookie pick? Salary cap against a potential flop.
Or salary cap savings plus rookie up grade on a rookie deal. I doubt he's getting traded, but the truth is if he did it's a coin flip... it could either turn out good for Miami or bad.

Maybe just maybe Steve Anderson doesn't have insider knowledge on Sun Sentinel's HR...

Everyone who believed that tweet should think long and hard before voting lol
Haha the first thing I thought was who the hell is Steve Anderson. I think it’s made up, just my opinion.

I can’t see KC having the money. Pittsburgh was my immediate thought. Seattle doesn’t have 1st rounder the next two years. Arizona for sure. Baltimore, NO....probably not unless we swapped Michael Thomas and hopefully received a draft pick as well.

Brown are desperate to catch the better teams in their division. Chubb, a 2nd and 5th? Maybe.

Green Bay and LAR? Absolutely on both accounts. Ramsey and Howard could potentially form the best duo......ever? Maybe not but thy would be a QBs nightmare, in addition to the QB nightmare they already possess on the DL.

All that said, I love the player and absolutely need to be blown away with a trade offer.
Pretty sure Steelers are up against cap. Like they play kick the cab with the cap. Not sure how they do it. Pittsburgh would be low number one. No use trading to them

That's the biggest problem with social media. It has been a source of misinformation and false rumors. Sometimes you fall for it and others not so much. There unfortunately isn't any sensorship of Twitter. It is a bad source. I follow all the Miami Dolphin reporters and bloggers for team info. They have their own sources. And are on point. They are also good for team and player analysis.

Twitter is a GREAT source. You just have to have common sense and understand which sources to follow.

I agree. They would have to give us 2 number ones and second. Just like tunsil or not worth swapping player for draft picks.

If you trade him, you wind up having to use that pick to replace him. He's becoming more like his good self as the season goes on and the Phins are on the other side of 'stars for draft picks' phase, IMO.
Dolphins have team chemistry and good secondary play with X and Jones is a big part of that.

Twitter is great for getting news fast but it’s reliability is beyond atrocious

Omar got slapped down pretty hard on this one.

If he equated “Picking up the phone” to “exploring trade offers” then he deserves every bit of it.
Omar has been floating scurrilous rumors for years. Remember when Mika Grimes was "feeding him" info re Ryan Tannehill losing the confidence of the black players on the team? (Funny how that's not a problem in Tennessee). Don't feel sorry for Omar. He's a troublemaker.

I just want to ask, since people are dunking on the SS and Omar... if they had included in the story, “the dolphins when reached for comment, refuted that they are exploring trades”, that would have made it all better?

The subject in question of a story is often the least reliable party in a story. Yes, they should have asked, but as many people here have adequately stated, it’s not unreasonable to listen to offers and discuss internally. Would that qualify as “exploring”?

Even BJ, who I consider the most reliable reporter in the area, followed up with some caveats. I hope he doesn’t get traded unless we are fleecing someone FYI.

Yes... Twitter is a big part of the problem. It's a super fast medium that actually prevents deep thoughts. Wild idea to click in ten seconds.

Omar has been floating scurrilous rumors for years. Remember when Mika Grimes was "feeding him" info re Ryan Tannehill losing the confidence of the black players on the team? (Funny how that's not a problem in Tennessee). Don't feel sorry for Omar. He's a troublemaker.

I do not feel even remotely sorry for Omar.

His thinly disguised journalistic hit pieces on Tannehill will haunt him for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom