´Fins main objectives

Delfin 22

Master of the Force
Reaction score
Should be:

1) OL (OG or OT)
2) LB (PREFERABLY INTERNAL)
3) RB

I think we already covered in these areas....
QB - TE - WR - C
DE - DT - CB - S

Do not think wrongly, I think the marked red, need to be covered from the 4th round, but in the first 3 round and in the FA, we need to set the OL, and our LB corp...

OL - maybe a shelley smith, levi brown, eric winston, david bass... could come cheap
LB - (if you move ellerbe to OLB, then you can bring: angerer, connor, or spikes) (if you remove wheeler, then bring harrison)
RB - 3 players worth bring... Moreno, Blount, Tate

long time no writing for FINh ..... be nice... im mexican :d-day:

Going by what positions the Dolphins have talked to players and/or planned on interviewing, I would put their priorities at:

OT/OG
CB
RB
WR- and I only say that because they contacted James Jones

I am Surprised we haven't see much interest at LB.

Agree with both you guys about LB. Maybe they have a draft plan to take care of that. We shall see.

Or maybe the team is high on Jenkins. I think he did solid

o-line is still by far the biggest need. Other positions are secondary at this point. Sure I would love to see a great LB or S signed...or even a solid RB...but I would much rather see the line presentable before the season starts.

After the acquisitions of LT (Branden Albert), OG (Shelley Smith), CB (Brent Grimes and Courtland Finnegan), S (Louis Delmas) and DT (Randy Starks and Mitchell); I would say our remaining needs are RT, OG, NT, TE and LB.

We are missing a decent RT, so that is likely our priority. We need another OG as well, but I'm guessing that we draft someone like Zack Martin to start at LG, so that may not be quite as pronounced of a need after the draft. Mitchell is a gap penetrator at DT, so he doesn't really fill Soliai's shoes, so I would expect us to draft a big strong DT if we can't find one. We lose Dustin Keller, and even if you are happy with Charles Clay's inconsistency, Michael Egnew's lack of production, and Sims' lack of athleticism, we still are 1 TE short. If here were more talent at TE, I'd expect us to draft one ... but as it is, I'm not sure. LB is questionable with Wheeler, but we shall see.

After the acquisitions of LT (Branden Albert), OG (Shelley Smith), CB (Brent Grimes and Courtland Finnegan), S (Louis Delmas) and DT (Randy Starks and Mitchell); I would say our remaining needs are RT, OG, NT, TE and LB.

We are missing a decent RT, so that is likely our priority. We need another OG as well, but I'm guessing that we draft someone like Zack Martin to start at LG, so that may not be quite as pronounced of a need after the draft. Mitchell is a gap penetrator at DT, so he doesn't really fill Soliai's shoes, so I would expect us to draft a big strong DT if we can't find one. We lose Dustin Keller, and even if you are happy with Charles Clay's inconsistency, Michael Egnew's lack of production, and Sims' lack of athleticism, we still are 1 TE short. If here were more talent at TE, I'd expect us to draft one ... but as it is, I'm not sure. LB is questionable with Wheeler, but we shall see.

From what I've read, Smith is weaker on his left shoulder so I see him going in at LG, leaving a RG and RT on the line. I'm not sure a NT will be considered a priority, although I wouldn't be surprised to see a project drafted. I think ILB is absolutely and quite glaringly a huge need, as is a genuine RB whilst a TE would be a nice acquisition but I'm not convinced Miami will place a heavy load on it. In contrast, our LB play sucked all year. I'd like to see a true leader drafted to lead our D there and I honestly expect Miami to look there first.

I think we may try and fill the RT/RG spot in FA if any options fall in our lap, otherwise we'll take some cornfed from the 2nd/3rd/4th. I still think at #19 we're likely to go for either ILB, or possibly BPA. I don't see us taking a OT or OG in the first round of the draft. Too wasteful and Hickey is likely to want to show he means business in his first Miami draft. This draft for me will likely be a difference maker at #19 followed by a whole lot of cornfed and a RB.

I know it isn't a pressing need, but I really hope Hickey selects a big TE in the draft, even if its with one of our top picks. Here is my logic:

1) most teams roll with two good TEs, we have one above average TE/FB/HB whatever you consider Clay. Clay has been such a pleasant surprise but he is all we have.
2) If we go into 2014 with just Clay/Sims/Egnew, its probably safe to assume Clay will get most of the snaps. If god forbid he gets injured, do we really want to be in the position we were in with Keller again? We will not get lucky again if Clay goes down.
3) We could use another redzone threat, although Clay is a seam threat because of his athleticism, it would be nice to add a real seam threat. One of those big basketball player TEs. Not to replace Clay, but to lighten his work load.

I understand there are still many needs so if we end up picking OL, HB, LB, CB, etc. I won't be upset. But Hickey plans on making a "luxury pick" I hope its at TE and not, say... WR, DE, DT, etc.

o-line is still by far the biggest need. Other positions are secondary at this point. Sure I would love to see a great LB or S signed...or even a solid RB...but I would much rather see the line presentable before the season starts.

Agreed. Sadly, we are in this position AGAIN where we have to address our OL. I really wish we could go BPA in the draft, but it looks like it will be a needs based. IF that is the case, we shouldn't screw around. We need to go all in, like the 49's did a few years ago, and draft a couple of OL high in the draft. Sometimes you have to take a step back to make great strides forward.

I really think OL will see the bulk of the focus as we just need to buy Tannehill some time for plays to develop. I do believe we will upgrade at TE/WR and RB in the draft if someone falls in our lap but I really think once the line is in place, the rest will start to balance out. If the offense can sustain drives and score some points, our D can actually stay off the field and catch a breather. I like where we are right now but we need balance for it to all work out. As of now I would guess 3 OL picks and the other 4 picks at the skill positions.

Going by what positions the Dolphins have talked to players and/or planned on interviewing, I would put their priorities at:

OT/OG
CB
RB
WR- and I only say that because they contacted James Jones

I am Surprised we haven't see much interest at LB.

i'm not. we have a lot of money tied up in the LB's. i guess we'll go the inexpensive route and address it in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom