Fins offer Rowe an extension | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins offer Rowe an extension

I feel like (some) people are over reacting over the simple fact we offered him an extension. Hasnt even signed it yet lol

But moving him to safety has worked out a hell of a lot better than our other cb we thought could play there :wall

That's assuming he's amicable to an extension. Guys that have upside, and believe in themselves, prefer to at least test the market before being low balled.

yes, they may have attempted to talk to his agent and they may not be open to talks, I don’t think a low ball offer will get it done though...

yes, they may have attempted to talk to his agent and they may not be open to talks, I don’t think a low ball offer will get it done though...
Not in this particular case, and I certainly don't blame the player if he chooses to let the market forces set his value. He is taking a risk as well, and I'm sure he has had discussions with his agent, who has probably had discussions with Grier.

My point was that just because a player may be offered an extension, it doesn't mean that it is in the player's best interest to accept it.

Not exactly a "splash" signing, but I can see it from a continuity/depth perspective.

He isn't a top starting quality boundary player, but he has done a decent job at safety.

He, apparently, also knows the responsibilities of all the DB positions, to the point that he can step in anywhere, and not be subject to the mental errors that absolutely kill a scheme driven D.
There are no splash signings in late November

I wish it was possible to turn off loyalty to a team. If they had let Minkah Fitzpatrick just play safety they would not have this problem. He was the best 1st round pick by Dolphins in at least the past decade and most likely anyone they will pick this year. I hate to love this team.
Would not have what problem?

The desire to fill out a roster of 53 players (including like 8 to 10 guys in the secondary)?

What in the actual hell are you talking about?

Keeping Minkah meant never signing a safety again?

I'll have to look that up and I hope he's right. Otherwise, this just strikes me as yet another JAG getting a lucrative contract in Miami after only a handful of decent (not great) performances. Are we really that hard up for mere competency that we have to overpay to retain it every time? (Don't answer that.. it's a trick question.)

I don't even care if these aren't top of the market deals - they all add up over time and they are often for players you can easily replace with Day 3 picks or other, younger RFAs poached from other teams' taxi squads.
How do you know it's "lucrative"?

How do you know we "overpaid"?

Meh, some ppl loathe Grier so much, they would bitch if he signed Reggie White, and Lawrence Taylor in their prime, to vet minimum contracts.
It's just pure rank stupidity.

Leave it to idiots to count other people's money.

When we're right up against the cap, can't make any moves to free up space, and about to grossly overpay someone, give me a call.

I draft players that of course are good athletes and more importantly are easily coached. When we do our scouting I ask and demonstrate something that I want the prospect to do, if they do it instantly and match what i showed them, that is a huge plus on the score card, i know i can coach him up. I have one many championships with serviceable average athletic SMART young men. He who makes the least amount of mistakes will most likely win..Rowe is one of these smart serviceable type athletes and hopefully he is cheap. Nice to see the team going in this type of direction.

On Godchaux, yes, he still has a year left.

I would like to resign Jenkins though.

Even if we sign someone like Danny Shelton.

He's been pretty darn good since switching to safety.

He is more than likely your starter in 2020 at one safety position

The grant extension was puzzling

Back
Top Bottom