Fins offer Rowe an extension | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins offer Rowe an extension

On Godchaux, yes, he still has a year left.

I would like to resign Jenkins though.

Even if we sign someone like Danny Shelton.
Me too. I like Jenkins and he could be great depth next year. But I've heard they are not too sure yet on him.

Rowe is only 27. I thought he was in his 30s. Yeah, if hes looking good at safety at 27....keep him.
Rowe is someone people think has been around forever. You put it right into perspective. He just turn 27. I'm not sure why people are freakin out about a 2 year deal. He knows this D. He will help teach for the next two years while being serviceable at S. And yeah he's 27.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. You all apparently forget the abysmal season he had here, New England and Philly. All of the sudden he switches to a new position to fill a hole and we offer to extend him because what, he is doing well?? Welp, more power to you guys. IMO, at the end of the year he should get a thanks a lot, best of luck with your future endeavors.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. You all apparently forget the abysmal season he had here, New England and Philly. All of the sudden he switches to a new position to fill a hole and we offer to extend him because what, he is doing well?? Welp, more power to you guys. IMO, at the end of the year he should get a thanks a lot, best of luck with your future endeavors.
I wouldn't speculate on your meds, but from what I've read/heard, he didn't play that poorly when healthy, it was a case of nagging injuries that held him back.

That remains a concern going forward to me, moreso than his ability.

I wouldn't speculate on your meds, but from what I've read/heard, he didn't play that poorly when healthy, it was a case of nagging injuries that held him back.

That remains a concern going forward to me, moreso than his ability.
When I get a minute if this thread is still at the top, I will go ahead and link some clips of how "great" Rowe has been for the Dolphins this year. But I have a feeling it would be a waste since according to the posters here he is now an allpro safety. "He just wasn't being used correctly." - lol

When I get a minute if this thread is still at the top, I will go ahead and link some clips of how "great" Rowe has been for the Dolphins this year. But I have a feeling it would be a waste since according to the posters here he is now an allpro safety. "He just wasn't being used correctly." - lol
Even if it's just to back people up and coach up the kids we get next year on playing Flores' defense, if he sucks it up out there we can just cut him.

Not sure why you give a crap. Not like it's going to effect our ability to sign anybody else either now or in the future.

If we extended ballage tomorrow we’d also hear why it was the right thing to do

I'm pretty surprised he's getting an extension. He has been horrible at boundary cb, only to be moved to SS covering TEs and has been somewhat average there.

I'm pretty surprised he's getting an extension. He has been horrible at boundary cb, only to be moved to SS covering TEs and has been somewhat average there.
I think they think he was average at boundary corner, and above average at safety and worth having around. But who knows?

Not the problem but not the answer. To me Rowe reminds me of a guy like Nolan Carroll. Decent player who would be nice on a team friendly deal but ultimately wouldn't skip a beat if he left.

He was terrible early in the year and since then has been very solid. I'm honestly impressed that a guy who was that bad at that position was able to pull his head out of the dirt and play respectable football.

Back
Top Bottom