Fins offer Rowe an extension | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins offer Rowe an extension

He was terrible early in the year and since then has been very solid. I'm honestly impressed that a guy who was that bad at that position was able to pull his head out of the dirt and play respectable football.
Someone said he had nagging injuries. No idea if he did or not.

As a starter he is rubbish. As a backup, he is ok. The less playing time the better.

Someone said he had nagging injuries. No idea if he did or not.
I had mentioned that, but it was in reference to his time with the Pats and Eagles, not so much his time here.

I don't think he is very good as a man to man cover corner, but I also wouldn't grade him too harshly on the first few games either.

Guys like Rowe, Davis and Hurns are obviously trusted by the coaching team. As others have said you can't have a completely new roster next year, but as there are expected to be a significant number of new faces having trusted veterans around that are flexible and can act as leaders is hopefully something that is valued by the coaches. These are guys that should help the transition happening over the next year or two, giving out a two-year deal to someone like Rowe makes sense if his off-field influence and impact is valued.

Rowe has done a solid job at Safety these last 6 weeks or so.....and we can use the help currently and the depth long term.

We had discussed on the forum in another thread - he is an RFA so no worries for him.

Yeah, so it goes down to just Boem as far as players who haven't straight looked silly who also need a new contract.

I do hope we resign him.

He makes a good back up at the very least and if we primarily go FA to rebuild the OL I wouldn't mind him as a starter surrounded by better, more experienced players so long as we draft developmental back ups.

Rowe at safety neutralizing TEs like Ebron? Yeah I’m ok with extending him.

I would extend him....hes played good at safety but I wouldn't break the bank for him.

I like Biegel also but i got let down by him when Taco was out Biegel provided no pressure on the QB.

I would extend him....hes played good at safety but I wouldn't break the bank for him.

I like Biegel also but i got let down by him when Taco was out Biegel provided no pressure on the QB.
Both good players for depth. Do not need to be overpaid, agree on that.

When Jakeem Grant got his extension it was high praise of the FO for sticking with that acorn, now people are like why the hell did get an extension?

The injury has slowed Grant a lot. That's the real problem with his contract. He just hasn't seemed to be back to 100% yet.

Back
Top Bottom