Fins Radio Broadcast | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Radio Broadcast

Dolphindrew

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
For the first time in many years, I was unable to watch the game on Sunday Ticket yesterday, as I had to travel (drive). Listened to it on Sirius/XM which was the Dolphins home broadcast (Griese, etc..). I actually listen to a lot of sports on the radio for all 3 major sports and have to tell you they are the absolute worst broadcasters I've heard at any level beyond High School. For anyone else forced to listen instead of watch.. did you notice it took them 20 seconds to realize Reshad Jones did NOT intercept that terrible pass late? I had celebrated for 15 seconds before they finally realized it. Then, on the game winning kick, they all shrieked at the same time, and one of them, probably Griese, said "OH NO!!!", it hit the bar!! Then a few moments later they said Dolphins win and I was like WTH?? On top of the absolute terrible play by play (you never know what is going on), they have to constantly explain football rules to Griese, as well as correct him when he says the wrong down, quarter, score, and even opponent. YIKES!!!! Upgrade this crew Miami!!!

i miss Rick Weaver and Henry Barrow, they painted a picture for you

Ya their pretty bad they confuse you. A couple years ago I was listening and their call was "touchdown Dolphins"... then a few seconds later... "against them".. LOL

The radio crew is awful. All the fake grunting Cefalo does to feign excitement sounds very creepy. He never knows who the receiver is until after the play is over. "GOT A RECEIVER!" is his signature grunt call, and you're left wondering who that receiver is. Pathetic. Sometimes, you'll have no idea what team scored since he'll sound fake excited for both teams. It would help if he let the audience know what the score of the game was.

The FOX broadcast was just as bad. We got FOX's G-team broadcasters (according to the Wikipedia page, this group is 8 out of 8). Greg Jennings did a decent job on color commentary but Brian Custer was bumbling names and was generally disinterested all game. I believe FOX put this crew on the Dolphins game because they expected Chicago to blow out Miami.

The radio crew has been terrible ever since Jim Mandich passed away. Cefalo has become more senile as the years have gone by, as has Griese and Nat Moore. Joe Rose is the only guy that injects energy in the booth that doesn't sound like a raucous game of shuffleboard. The radio crew needs new blood - long overdue. Get Cefalo and Griese out of there at least - keep Joe Rose on color and keep Kim Bokamper on the sidelines.

Sorry you had a bad experience with the radio crew, I happen to love them.

The FOX broadcast was just as bad. We got FOX's G-team broadcasters (according to the Wikipedia page, this group is 8 out of 8). Greg Jennings did a decent job on color commentary but Brian Custer was bumbling names and was generally disinterested all game. I believe FOX put this crew on the Dolphins game because they expected Chicago to blow out Miami.

The radio crew has been terrible ever since Jim Mandich passed away. Cefalo has become more senile as the years have gone by, as has Griese and Nat Moore. Joe Rose is the only guy that injects energy in the booth that doesn't sound like a raucous game of shuffleboard. The radio crew needs new blood - long overdue. Get Cefalo and Griese out of there at least - keep Joe Rose on color and keep Kim Bokamper on the sidelines.
Agreed, Rose is the only one I like, the rest are awful. Sometimes I wonder if Griese even knows where he is.

Bill zimpher and the Maddog were my favorite.

Nothing better than these two. I’ve been wanting the Dolphins to bring back Zimpfer for years. But even if they don’t, for God’s sake PLEASE FIND A REAL PLAY-BY-PLAY GUY. Someone who is a veteran PBP guy with a good track record. Cefalo is absolutely the worst. And get Griese the hell outta there too, he sounds like he’s closer to senility every time I hear him speak. Love the guy, but it’s time to go, Bob. Go watch the games with Marino and Garfinkel and enjoy the free food and booze. Rose and Bo are fine, but we need a true, professional PBP guy STAT.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom