Fins receivers ranked 29th | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins receivers ranked 29th

Without looking at the list I'm sure they have a lot of guys ranked on hype that haven't proven anything in the league. Some of these will develop into stars and some of these will catch less passes than the words in this post in the next few years.

"When the Cowboys selected CeeDee Lamb in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft, they created arguably the best trio of starting wide receivers in the NFL "

"Ruggs’ production with the Crimson Tide won’t blow you away, but he has the tools to be a complete wide receiver "

That's just two teams. You're right. Projection on what COULD happen. A few things to keep in mind. Miami, a bad team for a long time, gets no pass. Good teams are always assumed to make brilliant picks. Pick the best WR corp in the year and put them on the '19 Fins. Still the best? I'm not going to pretend Miami has a top 5 WR corp, but with (we hope) a much better run game and QB, they won't be 29th

I think that ranking is a little low, but there's so much uncertainty there. Almost every player on the unit can be considered an injury concern.

Parker's breakout year was huge, but he has to continue down that path.

Besides Parker, I agree with the writer that no one is keeping defensive coordinators up at night.

While I agree on injuries, the article doesn't seem concerned about injuries on any team - strictly talent and/or projected talent.

Not worried where they rank us. Parker is a legit number 1 receiver if he plays like last year. If he plays like did in the last 9 games last year he could be elite. He produced at a 1,500+ yard and 10+ TD pace over those games.

And everyone forgets about Preston Williams. I've even seen us Dolphins fans be guilty of that. He was producing at a 856 yard and 6 TD pace as a rookie in his 8 games. He did have a tendency to make some drops, but he also had a tendency to make some spectacular plays.

And he didn't have the opportunity to play on the functional NFL team we became, as opposed to the complete garbage one we started as. Both Parker and Geiseki saw significant boosts in productivity over the final 9 games when we actually got our **** together.

Our two top options do not have the resume to deserve to be ranked highly yet, but there is very obvious potential.

Then add Wilson, who is a very solid yet unspectacular slot guy. Hurns is serviceable, but I'm not a fan of Grant.

Our real weakness is our depth, which does not concern me much right now. We have young guys like Ford, Jennings, Perry, and Merritt. I don't really have expectations for them, but you never know who will surprise you.

This is a two year rebuilding project, and I expect we will be adding more weapons through the draft or free agency next year.

I really like the future of our top two guys, and would not be shocked at all if we have two 1,000 yard receivers (or at least very close to it).

So rank them wherever you want. But if you agree with the above statement, then you should not be concerned about the state of the WR core of our still rebuilding team.

Last edited:
Not worried where they rank us. Parker is a legit number 1 receiver if he plays like last year. If he plays like did in the last 9 games last year he could be elite. He produced at a 1,500+ yard and 10+ TD pace over those games.

And everyone forgets about Preston Williams. I've even seen us Dolphins fans be guilty of that. He was producing at a 856 yard and 6 TD pace as a rookie in his 8 games. He did have a tendency to make some drops, but he also had a tendency to make some spectacular plays.

And he didn't have the opportunity to play on the functional NFL team we became, as opposed to the complete garbage one we started as. Both Parker and Geiseki saw significant boosts in productivity over the final 9 games when we actually got our **** together.

Then add Wilson, who is a very solid yet unspectacular slot guy.

Our two top options do not have the resume to deserve to be ranked highly yet, but there is very obvious potential.

Our real weakness is our depth, which does not concern me much right now. We have young guys like Ford, Jennings, Perry, and Merrit. I don't really have expectations for them, but you never know who will surprise you.

This is a two year rebuilding project, and I expect we will be adding more weapons through the draft or free agency next year.

I really like the future of our top two guys, and would not be shocked at all if we have two 1,000 yard receivers (or at least very close to it).

So rank them wherever you want. But if you agree with the above statement, then you should not be concerned about the state of the WR core of our still rebuilding team.

Seems to me PFF (and most people) rank WR corp using two criteria - vet production (e.g., Hopkins) and rookie projection (e.g., Jeudy). Miami's receivers fall in neither class. I get the hesitance on DVP, PW, AW, but some seem to take it to 'I'm in denial til I'm proven wrong.'

Before I start, the article doesn't mention injury potential in the rankings and neither will I. I'm in the middle. I like what I saw in PW early and DVP/Gesicki late. I liked what I saw in Wilson the last few games. No team has 5-6 scary receivers, so mentioning Ford/Hurns and a rookie as MAYBES isn't unrealistic. Finally, a good QB and OL. Now comes the 'if' in every projected ranking. IF Miami's receivers play as they did the last half of the season, no way Miami ranks 29th. IF they play to their worst games of '19, yeah, 29th seems right. I don't think all 3 (DVP, PW, AW) will regress to their worst. One of them, maybe, so I'm optimistic.

I usually think this message board has a propensity for overrating our players, but i think the media is wrong with this one. There are not 28 better receiving corps in the NFL than ours.

The continued development of of Parker, Gesicki, and Williams is one of the things i'm most excited for this season.

“The DeVante Parker breakthrough finally came late last season. Over the final weeks of the season, he was one of the top wide receivers in the entire league, ranking first in the NFL with 22 receptions of 15 or more yards from Week 10 through the end of the regular season. We’re not quite to the point where Parker can be relied upon as a true No. 1 option yet, though, and players like Preston Williams, Albert Wilson and Allen Hurns aren’t striking fear into opposing defenses any time soon. Mike Gesicki is the X-factor for this group heading into 2020. We saw flashes of what he could bring last season with his size and athleticism, but he needs to put it together more consistently in Year 3.” – Pro Football Focus

Its a pretty fair assessment. Outside of Parker we have no proven standouts and he has only done it for one year. Williams has a lot of potential and showed some. After that there is not much else. Wilson does some nice things at times but is basically a JAG. None of our other receivers are worth mentioning at this time

29 may be a tad low but I do think it’s laughable how everyone on here thinks we are so deep at WR.

Parker has played well in about 10 games in his whole career and he’s our number one. Williams is coming off an acl and is unproven and then we’ve got a bunch of smaller/slot type guys.

We should’ve moved up and gotten Ceedee Lamb. I’ll settle for Chase next year but know that realistically we won’t draft him.

We are one deep lol

If our oline is have way better than last yr.. our wr will be find.. we just dont have no superstar wr. Best I have seen wr group was 2016-17 .every body was healthy...we had fast team that yr..

Our receivers are in the top half of the league only injury concerns keep them from being higher. We have good depth and if. Tua is healthy and get a fair oline that will make our receivers look much better.

How many got hurt last year or came back from injury?

Point being, let's see some growth and consistency before getting your choines in a bunch over a preseason ranking.

I Honestly put little to no relevance on anyone’s pre season rankings of positions , all I know is the trenches have been abysmal on this team for years- which leads to rankings of the skill positions on offense kinda difficult.

I don’t think anyone thinks we have a top tier group of skill players but I’m glad they tried to build inside out rather than the other way around.

you know someone has an agenda when they rank the group or WRs we have "29th!"

Seriously that is such blatantly obvious FRAUD in the real world (which we obviously

left behind) the "source" of that garbage should be laughed out of the media biz.

Ain't no way more than half the teams in the NFL wouldn't trade their WR group

for ours. Or another way of considering the equation -- we would swap WR groups

with EVERY team in the league save 3????????

GTFOOH!

I Honestly put little to no relevance on anyone’s pre season rankings of positions , all I know is the trenches have been abysmal on this team for years- which leads to rankings of the skill positions on offense kinda difficult.

I don’t think anyone thinks we have a top tier group of skill players but I’m glad they tried to build inside out rather than the other way around.
I agree w this. W a strong interior foundation and good QB play you can go far without super star receivers. NE won a lot of SBs recently like that. And when they had Moss they didn’t win. Go figure.

Its a pretty fair assessment. Outside of Parker we have no proven standouts and he has only done it for one year. Williams has a lot of potential and showed some. After that there is not much else. Wilson does some nice things at times but is basically a JAG. None of our other receivers are worth mentioning at this time

Seriously???

WTF.

I hope the Fins never have a glittering collection of skill player fantasy football stat producing studs.

That is not where smart teams put their money.

Build a strong OL for Tua and he will MAKE guys better.
But he's going to make them so much better that they will be fantasy studs. So you're never getting your wish. ;)

Back
Top Bottom