Fins receivers ranked 29th | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins receivers ranked 29th

The ranking 29 is way off! The Qb's last year did not get enough time to complete some of those deep balls and extended routes.
Now with a better Oline should be able to better pass protect and the threat of a running game your going to see these receivers shine even more.
If Wilson can be 90 % of what he was pre injury your looking at a guy who was a threat to score every-time he had some open space.
Parker and Preston looked like # 1 receivers some games. Gesecki is more of a wide receiver than tight end anyway and gives that unit a boost.
Merrit is the dark horse who could come in and push Hurns who is a reliable # 4 receiver or Grant out of a position. They have potential be in the top 10 IMO.

The next thread in line is talking about Kirk Merrit making the squad... with that thinking 29 is right about where the rest of the league should consider our WR's

I Honestly put little to no relevance on anyone’s pre season rankings of positions , all I know is the trenches have been abysmal on this team for years- which leads to rankings of the skill positions on offense kinda difficult.

I don’t think anyone thinks we have a top tier group of skill players but I’m glad they tried to build inside out rather than the other way around.

Preston Williams despite rankings, showed potential. Parker started to show that just maybe he "gets it". But nothing that says they are a elite tandem of any kind.

Grant and Wilson are teasers.

If the line makes strides this year, next year should see a few luxury picks on the outside.

The next thread in line is talking about Kirk Merrit making the squad... with that thinking 29 is right about where the rest of the league should consider our WR's
Exactly, if this teams WR core is so good we wouldnt be praying one of these undrafted guys step up, and that includes Williams. Most teams have legit talent at WR, we have a bunch of what ifs and could be's.

Our receivers are in the top half of the league only injury concerns keep them from being higher. We have good depth and if. Tua is healthy and get a fair oline that will make our receivers look much better.

What kinds nugs you sitting on?

Seriously???

WTF.

who are all these teams we have better receiver sets than
We have one starter on team that has did anything in the league recently.
Within our division we have the second best receiving corp but our division has the worst receivers in the nfl
Buffalo is the class of the division at receiver

In the AFC I would rate our receivers ahead of Baltimore, NYjets for now, Las vegas, and thats it depending on how one feels about NE.
In the NFC probably Washington and SF until they show better . So overall maybe not 29th but about 27th for me. no higher than 25th under any metric

Last edited:
who are all these teams we have better receiver sets than
We have one starter on team that has did anything in the league recently.
Within our division we have the second best receiving corp but our division has the worst receivers in the nfl

>>> as a fan of the team >>> I don't see 26 teams with better talent than DVP + Williams as bigs on the outside
coupled with our journeyman package of Wilson Grant and General Lee. OK I get it. You gravitate to the negative
spin and I can't say we're top shelf @WR. But I'd dispute your bottom shelf rank and say we're probably
Kettle One vodka level. NOT McCormack!

Preston Williams despite rankings, showed potential. Parker started to show that just maybe he "gets it". But nothing that says they are a elite tandem of any kind.

If the line makes strides this year, next year should see a few luxury picks on the outside.
I don’t really count Grant as a WR so much as a return guy and a gadget player you try to get in space. Wilson got stronger as the year went on but he’s nothing special. I do think Williams and Parker can be a nice tandem on the outside - FWIW I saw them “live” on the field week 1 against Baltimore and they just looked humongous out there. Not that that means anything but it was a weird look. A lot of jump balls are coming. Hurns I’m not a fan of really - just a JAG.

>>> as a fan of the team >>> I don't see 26 teams with better talent than DVP + Williams as bigs on the outside
coupled with our journeyman package of Wilson Grant and General Lee. OK I get it. You gravitate to the negative
spin and I can't say we're top shelf @WR. But I'd dispute your bottom shelf rank and say we're probably
Kettle One vodka level. NOT McCormack!

As a Fan I agree with you however I don't see many objective individuals ranking our receivers to highly due to injuries that hampered that unit last year.

And these rankings mean noting to the people that matter - coaches etc.

I don’t really count Grant as a WR so much as a return guy and a gadget player you try to get in space. Wilson got stronger as the year went on but he’s nothing special. I do think Williams and Parker can be a nice tandem on the outside - FWIW I saw them “live” on the field week 1 against Baltimore and they just looked humongous out there. Not that that means anything but it was a weird look. A lot of jump balls are coming. Hurns I’m not a fan of really - just a JAG.
Go watch some Wilson footage from 18 and tell me he isn't special.. when healthy he has a SPECIAL ability to cut and hit top speed within 7 steps. Not thinking of Grant as a wr is on you.. I understand the injuries are a concern but ability is not his problem its the lack of size. If you want to say Williams has done nothing in the NFL thats on you.. i would say being the only playmaker the first 7 weeks means something.. he had nfl CBs looking silly.. there are injury worries no doubt but 29th is crazy.. off the top Raiders Jets Rams Balt new England Tenn Jax Indy we are better than... than I would say we are close to Pitt NyG Wash Chargers Car Det

Go watch some Wilson footage from 18 and tell me he isn't special.. when healthy he has a SPECIAL ability to cut and hit top speed within 7 steps. Not thinking of Grant as a wr is on you.. I understand the injuries are a concern but ability is not his problem its the lack of size. If you want to say Williams has done nothing in the NFL thats on you.. i would say being the only playmaker the first 7 weeks means something.. he had nfl CBs looking silly.. there are injury worries no doubt but 29th is crazy.. off the top Raiders Jets Rams Balt new England Tenn Jax Indy we are better than... than I would say we are close to Pitt NyG Wash Chargers Car Det

Absolutely nothing you said matters. If you aren't on the field and available, it allows people like you to project things.

Parker seemed finally get it. Finally, and it was the last half of the season, still not a full season of top shelf play from him.

Preston showed flashes, but he only played half a season. Does he maintain his stat sheet the back half of the season when D Coordinators have more tape and the offense has more tells?

And when you people continue to point back to 2018 for Wilson.....that's on you. He played 13 games last year, and remained within his career output numbers.

I did say in another post that Williams looked impressive at times and it’s clear he has talent - he was a bit raw w drops but he also put in some good work. I love Grant I just don’t think he’s a true WR. I root for the kid and think he has a special stop / start gear that might be the best in the league. If he can make 3-5 huge plays per season I don’t care whether they are KRs or reverses or catching passes from Wilson. Parker genuinely surprised me last year - I was so done w him. He has to keep it going now.

Parker and Williams have definitely not proven enough to be in any elite tandem conversation. I agree.

But Parker did show he can be a number 1 wide reciever and his play in the second half of the season was at an elite level.

Williams was producing at a rate that would have had him finish just below the production that DK Metcalf had.

We are dealing with small sample sizes with both of them and I agree with not going overboard on expectations. Parker finally had a very good year after many disappointing seasons and Williams only played half a season.

I want to make it clear that I do not think they are an elite tandem, and I don't disagree with your post.

But IMO they did definitely show the potential that they have the ability to be just that. But potential is one thing, we need to see consistency over a full season from both.

The great thing is we have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds if they can't show enough. And I would honestly be surprised if we didn't pick a WR in the first 3 rounds even if they play well.

I completely understand why we would be ranked low at WR. But the one thing I'm damn sure of is there are not 28 other teams I would choose to take over our WR's for the future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom