Fins receivers ranked 29th | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins receivers ranked 29th

We should be around 20, ranking us at 29 is absurd. If Preston Williams improves next year he could be a top 15 receiver and if DVP plays like he did last season than he is easily a top 10 receiver. Albert Wilson is pretty old and we definitely need to upgrade from Albert in the first round next year, or bring in a stud FA. But if we comparing DVP, and Preston to other teams starting boundary receivers I think we could easily be top 10. Hopefully Preston can bounce back to the way he was playing last season from his injury, and assuming they don’t have injury problems I think we our set on Boundary receivers for the next 3 years.

Preston Williams despite rankings, showed potential. Parker started to show that just maybe he "gets it". But nothing that says they are a elite tandem of any kind.

Grant and Wilson are teasers.

If the line makes strides this year, next year should see a few luxury picks on the outside.
I disagree...I think that Preston Williams and DVP should definitely be an elite tandem, or at least top 10. I don’t really know what to say about Grant I look at him as Depth guy on the outside and a return guy(mainly just a return guy)...but that’s about it. Wilson is getting too old and is losing his cut/speed ability. I think that Preston will bounce back to the way he was playing last year or even better with half a year under his belt. I don’t know about DVP, I think that Preston makes him worse. If you remember DVP broke out once Preston got injured. I feel like DVP has to by far be the best receiver on whatever team he is on to be a true WR1...If that makes sense.

What kinds nugs you sitting on?
Well Williams, Parker and Wilson have the talent to be a number 1 threat as receivers they can break a game open. Forde, Grant and possibly Hurns can be a number 2 threat. We have 6 potential candidates that can make a mark odds are on our side even with health concerns.

Well Williams, Parker and Wilson have the talent to be a number 1 threat as receivers they can break a game open. Forde, Grant and possibly Hurns can be a number 2 threat. We have 6 potential candidates that can make a mark odds are on our side even with health concerns.

Sorry. But I need more in on field production before projecting such lofty goals or expectations.

I disagree...I think that Preston Williams and DVP should definitely be an elite tandem, or at least top 10. I don’t really know what to say about Grant I look at him as Depth guy on the outside and a return guy(mainly just a return guy)...but that’s about it. Wilson is getting too old and is losing his cut/speed ability. I think that Preston will bounce back to the way he was playing last year or even better with half a year under his belt. I don’t know about DVP, I think that Preston makes him worse. If you remember DVP broke out once Preston got injured. I feel like DVP has to by far be the best receiver on whatever team he is on to be a true WR1...If that makes sense.

You say they should be a elite tandem, then undercut your own argument.

Wilson has never been that guy and never will be that guy. he is a good third guy that is injured all the time but if he were number one he would struggle against top corners

If our wr dont produce.. they will draft there replacements next yr. The Sexy pick are coming next yr

We should be around 20, ranking us at 29 is absurd. If Preston Williams improves next year he could be a top 15 receiver and if DVP plays like he did last season than he is easily a top 10 receiver. Albert Wilson is pretty old and we definitely need to upgrade from Albert in the first round next year, or bring in a stud FA. But if we comparing DVP, and Preston to other teams starting boundary receivers I think we could easily be top 10. Hopefully Preston can bounce back to the way he was playing last season from his injury, and assuming they don’t have injury problems I think we our set on Boundary receivers for the next 3 years.

Wilson is 27, six months older than DVP

There seems to be some misconception about the ages of the Wide Receivers...

Allen Hurns, Nov 1991, 28
Albert Wilson, July 92, 27
Jakeem Grant Oct 92, 27
Devante Parker, Jan 93, 27
Isaiah Ford, Feb 96, 24
Preston Williams, Mar 97, 23
Gary Jennings, Mar 97, 23
Kirk Merritt, Jan 97, 23

These guys are not as old as you think they are. Hurns, who may not even make the team, is the oldest of the bunch.

Absolutely nothing you said matters. If you aren't on the field and available, it allows people like you to project things.

Parker seemed finally get it. Finally, and it was the last half of the season, still not a full season of top shelf play from him.

Preston showed flashes, but he only played half a season. Does he maintain his stat sheet the back half of the season when D Coordinators have more tape and the offense has more tells?

And when you people continue to point back to 2018 for Wilson.....that's on you. He played 13 games last year, and remained within his career output numbers.
Ah you share of the gift of saying words with zero substance..
Your speaking as if every other team has no question marks, please sir dubz compare to some other teams for exercise..
Omg people like me to project things.. how dare football fans project a healthy roster..hey doggy I understand we have a top 3 projection for injury at the position EVERYONE of note in that room has missed time..

Also Wilsons off year I believe was 06.
Other than that is basically the same when healthy 4 to 5 with a 13ypc.
Plenty for the spread we should be running.
Thanks though I appreciate you brotha

How many holes did you all expect to be filled? This team has not had a qb in decades AND has not been able to pass protect, block or stop the run consistently. Some things were gonna be on hold until 2021. Miami lacked the fundamentals and they addressed that this offseason. If Miami can run the ball, keep teams unsure, and pass protect, NFL WRs will succeed. As tempting as it was to get one of the glamorous wide receivers in this draft in the first or second round , Miami decided to go another route.

Did DVP finally become a true #1 WR? Or was it that Fitz was willing to toss those 50/50 balls? Sure, not all WR's can take the ball away from a DB. But can DVP consistently get separation with his speed and route running ability?

Will Tua throw those 50/50 balls when he has the ability to accurately hit WR's in stride?

We all acknowledge the importance of "scheme fit" for defensive players. I find myself questioning if our (supposed) two best WR's will be a good "scheme fit" with Tua.

Getting your nickers in a twist over ranking like this is silly. I'd make sure they all get a copy of this article and have it taped into their lockers every day.

Absolutely nothing you said matters. If you aren't on the field and available, it allows people like you to project things.

Parker seemed finally get it. Finally, and it was the last half of the season, still not a full season of top shelf play from him.

Preston showed flashes, but he only played half a season. Does he maintain his stat sheet the back half of the season when D Coordinators have more tape and the offense has more tells?

And when you people continue to point back to 2018 for Wilson.....that's on you. He played 13 games last year, and remained within his career output numbers.

Again, the article projects ranking based only on talent/projection (i.e., rookies). Injuries not included, even for injury prone on other teams. Including injuries for Fin WRs but not the other teams isn't being consistent.

Exactly, if this teams WR core is so good we wouldnt be praying one of these undrafted guys step up, and that includes Williams. Most teams have legit talent at WR, we have a bunch of what ifs and could be's.

You mean like the teams that drafted Mims and Jeudy?

Back
Top Bottom