Fins receivers ranked 29th | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins receivers ranked 29th

fansinceGWilson

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
“The DeVante Parker breakthrough finally came late last season. Over the final weeks of the season, he was one of the top wide receivers in the entire league, ranking first in the NFL with 22 receptions of 15 or more yards from Week 10 through the end of the regular season. We’re not quite to the point where Parker can be relied upon as a true No. 1 option yet, though, and players like Preston Williams, Albert Wilson and Allen Hurns aren’t striking fear into opposing defenses any time soon. Mike Gesicki is the X-factor for this group heading into 2020. We saw flashes of what he could bring last season with his size and athleticism, but he needs to put it together more consistently in Year 3.” – Pro Football Focus

All of our WR's are under achievers. If Devante Parker stays balling out, Preston Williams improves a little bit, they start to use Jakeem Grant in space more, with Gesicki steadily improving I think we could have a top 10 core.

Clearly they didn’t watch Preston Williams before he got hurt. He was on pace to finish maybe top 25 receiving stats had he not gotten hurt. For a rookie who probably didn’t know the full playbook or get a grasp of playing at an NFL level, he was certainly on his way to opposing fear. We don’t have to have great wrs, guys like Wilson and Grant will have a field day with Tua throwing them the ball.

Kind of surprised at the low ranking. Makes you wonder why Miami has so much money invested in it's WR, if no one else thinks their anything special. Let's hope Parker, Grant, Wilson, Ford and eventually the return of Williams proves the nay sayers wrong.

No matter how great skill players are QBs matter substantially more. Great QBs produce great skill players. Guys like Wilson, Brady, Big Ben, Marino, etc. Then look at guys like Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, AP, sequan, Julio Jones, etc.

It all depends on Tua.

Obviously, our Front Office disagrees.

If they thought our guys were 29th best, we would have drafted receivers... or brought in free agents.

I tend to trust our F.O. over random writers... especially during the off-season.

Nice pot stirring however.
I disagree with the ranking. I think our receivers are top half of the league. But I don’t trust a front office that has done absolutely nothing yet

Obviously, our Front Office disagrees.

If they thought our guys were 29th best, we would have drafted receivers... or brought in free agents.

I tend to trust our F.O. over random writers... especially during the off-season.

Nice pot stirring however.

This FO finally understands you build your foundation before adding the pretty stuff. Inside out.

Fundamental football first.

I disagree with the ranking. I think our receivers are top half of the league. But I don’t trust a front office that has done absolutely nothing yet
To be fair, they have "done" a lot over the past year and a half, whether you agree with it or not.

Will it be successful? That remains to be seen, but they haven't exactly been sitting on their collective hands.

29 may be a tad low but I do think it’s laughable how everyone on here thinks we are so deep at WR.

Parker has played well in about 10 games in his whole career and he’s our number one. Williams is coming off an acl and is unproven and then we’ve got a bunch of smaller/slot type guys.

We should’ve moved up and gotten Ceedee Lamb. I’ll settle for Chase next year but know that realistically we won’t draft him.

None of our WRs have done squat so far. Parker is by far the most talented and he had been a bust up until last season. Parker has also struggled with injurys just about his whole career so far. Now im not bashing the guys but be realistic when it comes to it. They deserve the ranking until proven otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom