Fins receivers ranked 29th | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins receivers ranked 29th

29 may be a tad low but I do think it’s laughable how everyone on here thinks we are so deep at WR.

They can both have depth and unknown quality at the top of the rotation.

Its rather silly to make projections and then say the determining factor is the unknown. I would think the whole point of projections is to project the unknown. Parker and Williams have both had stretches not too long ago where they look like legit number one receivers. They also both have an injury history and other reasons to question whether that production can be sustained.

To me the saving grace of this group is the depth. Wilson, Hurns, and Ford have all shown that when healthy they can play at this level. I don't know if Hurns or Wilson will ever return to past glories, and I'd say the odds are pretty good one of the vets will get cut. Even so, there's a good chance this team goes into the season with four WRs that have been at least passable starters in this league. That's more than most teams can say.

To be fair, they have "done" a lot over the past year and a half, whether you agree with it or not.

Will it be successful? That remains to be seen, but they haven't exactly been sitting on their collective hands.
I’m referring to success

I always thought this receiver corps was vastly overrated especially by many on this site. PFF is a joke though.
I don't believe most posters here were under the illusion that we have a top receiver corp.

It's just that there were other glaring needs, and despite the fact that we don't have any real proven consistency, there is potential.

Imo WR is one of this teams weakest areas.

I guess its possible if everyone gets hurt but otherwise it is hard to see. I see a whole lot more proven talent there than anywhere else on this team. The secondary could be great, but they still have to find a couple safeties. The front 7 relies on pretty much every free agent signing and high draftee living up to expectations in order to be a quality unit, and the odds of that happening are next to nil. The woes on the oline are fairly self explanatory.

Most every area on this team outside of QB and WR is going to lean on free agents. We all hope every one of these big money deals will work out and know that there will be ones that don't. Until we know which ones succeed and which fail its hard to say how good the units will be. The WR position is the only one where you can find multiple players that have produced at a high level on this team. Maybe not for long, but it has been done.

When you win 5 games and genuinely believe that a certain unit was the top unit on your team, it doesnt mean it isnt an urgent need... Yes... Im still pounding that table...

Parker had a break out year. We know what he can do. Gesicki should improve. The X factor this year will be Wilson if he returns to form with his speed and run after catch. Especially when TUA starts playing. That will move this WR up in ranking.

As an earlier poster said, the FO is building from the lines first and that's important especially for our OL with the young guys who will need time to bend together and develop their own individual games, so give whoever the QB is the chance to really make use of the passing game.

This season is also all about many of the WR's proving they have a future here and with the possible exception of Parker/Gesicki and Williams depending on his recovery, the rest are on notice to prove themselves and stay healthy so we know where we stand for the future.
If they don't we should be drafting a couple of WR's as we deserve to be closer to the bottom than the top in the rankings at the mo.

“The DeVante Parker breakthrough finally came late last season. Over the final weeks of the season, he was one of the top wide receivers in the entire league, ranking first in the NFL with 22 receptions of 15 or more yards from Week 10 through the end of the regular season. We’re not quite to the point where Parker can be relied upon as a true No. 1 option yet, though, and players like Preston Williams, Albert Wilson and Allen Hurns aren’t striking fear into opposing defenses any time soon. Mike Gesicki is the X-factor for this group heading into 2020. We saw flashes of what he could bring last season with his size and athleticism, but he needs to put it together more consistently in Year 3.” – Pro Football Focus

There is a reason we drafted 5th overall. Our team wasn’t very good last year, so fair enough we have to prove it.

Without looking at the list I'm sure they have a lot of guys ranked on hype that haven't proven anything in the league. Some of these will develop into stars and some of these will catch less passes than the words in this post in the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom