Fins receivers ranked 29th | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins receivers ranked 29th

I think the WR group is better than 29 but I also think that the group of WR‘s Tua played with at Alabama would be rated in the top 5 in the NFL if they were all on the same team. The entire roster of WR’s at Alabama last season was probably the best WR group in the history of college football.

Clearly they didn’t watch Preston Williams before he got hurt. He was on pace to finish maybe top 25 receiving stats had he not gotten hurt. For a rookie who probably didn’t know the full playbook or get a grasp of playing at an NFL level, he was certainly on his way to opposing fear. We don’t have to have great wrs, guys like Wilson and Grant will have a field day with Tua throwing them the ball.
I was thinking along similar lines that they were very dismissive of Williams. Yeah he had some drops but he also showed some absolute sick talent w double moves, ability to go up and get the ball, fancy toe tapping in bounds. He was a little raw and it showed last year but I thought it was obvious there is a star in the making in him. Hope the knee doesn’t hold him back. Seems like a good kid too.

This FO finally understands you build your foundation before adding the pretty stuff. Inside out.

Fundamental football first.

I think Ja’Marr Chase would look pretty good in Aqua/White on Sundays. People forget that we will most likely end up with 4 picks in the top 50 next season. If our WR core ends up being an issue, we have the resources to fix it.

Ya there no way the Eagles should be ranked #14. They don't have very good receivers at all.

Ertz and Goedert are arguably the best 1-2 TE combo in the NFL right now. They also added Jalen Raegor and Marquise Goodwin to a core that has Jeffery and Jackson. Their issue is staying healthy...but 14th isn’t unreasonable.

I think that ranking is a little low, but there's so much uncertainty there. Almost every player on the unit can be considered an injury concern.

Parker's breakout year was huge, but he has to continue down that path.

Besides Parker, I agree with the writer that no one is keeping defensive coordinators up at night.

All healthy & at full strength... we are decent at receiver. The problem is health.

Devante played his first relatively healthy season and our next 4 receivers are either coming off major injuries or had them late the year before and weren't quite right last year.

I'm concerned but getting the QB and lines fixed was the approach this year, which I agreed with.

I was thinking along similar lines that they were very dismissive of Williams. Yeah he had some drops but he also showed some absolute sick talent w double moves, ability to go up and get the ball, fancy toe tapping in bounds. He was a little raw and it showed last year but I thought it was obvious there is a star in the making in him. Hope the knee doesn’t hold him back. Seems like a good kid too.
I’m not sure if he’s a good kid or not but the reason he went undrafted was because of some serious off field issues

Quite honestly, if our top three (Parker, Williams, and Wilson) are all healthy; I think we have a top 10 group, but there's the rub... are they?

Parker positively tore up the competition late in the year as he finally had a QB who would throw it up and let him fight for the ball. This could also be said of Williams. These two will KILL short cornerbacks... if they are healthy... (big if).

Wilson and Gesicki will see single coverage almost exclusively when the other two are healthy and on the field.

I like our receivers... a lot ...and they accomplished all of this when we had zero running game and the worst line in the NFL.

There are two ifs here though... can the receivers remain healthy, and will our new line gel quickly enough to take the heat off? If so, we won't draft receivers next year either; we'll be set for the next 4 or 5 years.

I don’t think our WRs are great but the depth alone makes rankings pretty embarrassing. Allen Hurns almost never gets mentioned but he’s a decent NFL player who has had consistent success and he’s our WR5. DVP was a top 5 wr in the league last year. I can understand making a case that all 5 of our WRs on depth chart have had injury concerns or are injured. But still this is a 20th ranked unit at least

Quite honestly, if our top three (Parker, Williams, and Wilson) are all healthy; I think we have a top 10 group, but there's the rub... are they?

Parker positively tore up the competition late in the year as he finally had a QB who would throw it up and let him fight for the ball. This could also be said of Williams. These two will KILL short cornerbacks... if they are healthy... (big if).

Wilson and Gesicki will see single coverage almost exclusively when the other two are healthy and on the field.

I like our receivers... a lot ...and they accomplished all of this when we had zero running game and the worst line in the NFL.

There are two ifs here though... can the receivers remain healthy, and will our new line gel quickly enough to take the heat off? If so, we won't draft receivers next year either; we'll be set for the next 4 or 5 years.
I agree with much of what you said. I think top 10 is a stretch.

In any case, I disagree about being set for 4-5 years. This group is not particularly young. We should have a couple guys on rookie deals on the roster in the near future.

They can both have depth and unknown quality at the top of the rotation.

Its rather silly to make projections and then say the determining factor is the unknown. I would think the whole point of projections is to project the unknown. Parker and Williams have both had stretches not too long ago where they look like legit number one receivers. They also both have an injury history and other reasons to question whether that production can be sustained.

To me the saving grace of this group is the depth. Wilson, Hurns, and Ford have all shown that when healthy they can play at this level. I don't know if Hurns or Wilson will ever return to past glories, and I'd say the odds are pretty good one of the vets will get cut. Even so, there's a good chance this team goes into the season with four WRs that have been at least passable starters in this league. That's more than most teams can say.

At this time of year. Everyone believes they are top teams.

At this time of year. Everyone believes they are top teams.

Wow.... You don't interact with very many hardcore fans.

The bit**ing and infighting on fan forums can be as vicious as political forums.

Good times......

Meh.

For the first time in his career Parker finally has a coach that understands receivers are useful for more than bubble screens. And Gesicki has a coach that knows he is a better receiver than blocker.

I agree with the above sentiments though, these guys need to stay healthy to prove they can be a top unit.

Trust me though, if DCs are sleeping on our WR corp, we will make them pay this year.

Back
Top Bottom