Fins receivers ranked 29th | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins receivers ranked 29th

I think Miami fans are more excited about the receivers here than the national media of general NFL fans are. That's why so many thought one of Miami's 1st or 2nd round picks was going to be used on a receiver. I guess if you asked your general fan in Chicago to grade Miami's receivers they would say it's Parker and nobody else they would want on their fantasy team. As far as I'm concerned I hope some of the teams around the league are underestimating Miami's receivers too.

I agree with much of what you said. I think top 10 is a stretch.

In any case, I disagree about being set for 4-5 years. This group is not particularly young. We should have a couple guys on rookie deals on the roster in the near future.

Not super young... but not over the hill either. Parker and Wilson are only 27, Williams is 23, Gesicki and Ford are 24, Hurns is the oldest at 28 and the most likely to be replaced if Wilson is healthy and kept for the long haul.

Oh, I suspect that we'll bring in WRs to battle for spots, but I am unconvinced that they'll be high draft picks or expensive free agents... IF these guys are healthy and can remain so.

I base some of this on my belief that so many highly drafted WRs bust. Hell... Williams is the best looking WR we've brought in since Parker and he was an UDFA. If Ford or Jennings take a step forward and knock Hurns out of a job, then we'll be even younger.

I do want to mention the line once again... if the line gels early, this group could be very, VERY good. It is often said that the QB makes the WRs and a great QB can make average WRs look like all-stars... and this is mostly true, but it is the line that usually makes the QB.

I will stick to what I said straight after the draft. Phins rightly loaded up on the Lines and D-Backs. I'm expecting a high pick at WR to be addressed in the next Draft.

I agree with a low ranking, 29th might be a bit low, but mid 20's at most would be the ceiling. I thought we would have drafted a WR somewhere in the 1st 5 rounds. I believe that when Tua starts, and gets comfortable, the WR numbers will increase due to his accuracy.

It's all conjecture at this point. While our receiving core may not have proven they deserve a higher rating, they're currently being set up to do just that. How? By giving the team a competent offensive line, QB and running game to complement their effort. It all has to work together. Otherwise, you have to game plan constantly to cover your many weaknesses. This year, and in the years to come, there should be fewer and fewer glaring weaknesses as the team grows. As a result, we should begin forming a much more coherent picture of what our skill position players can truly do.

Ertz and Goedert are arguably the best 1-2 TE combo in the NFL right now. They also added Jalen Raegor and Marquise Goodwin to a core that has Jeffery and Jackson. Their issue is staying healthy...but 14th isn’t unreasonable.

Are they actually including tight ends in these rankings? I also think Raegor was a big time reach where they drafted him.

Kind of silly to rank a skill position on a team with so much transition IMO. Nobody has a clue how this line will gel ... who the QB will be ... but I get it what else do you talk about this time a year but "projections" and speculation.

Our WR's were good enough last season to help the team win 5 of the last 9 games with a QB that was forced (not a spring chicken) to be the teams leading rusher...

His rushing stats weren't because our receivers were 29th in the league lol.

There is a bit more to WR productivity than speed, routes and hands IMO ... you can't stand out at your skillset if the play breaks down in 3 seconds or less lol.

So yeah ... give me some semblance of blocking AND a running game that is , AT LEAST, not ignored by opposing D coordinators .... then I will pay more attention to the WR rankings.

I think our receivers will be ranked MUCH higher as soon as Tua starts

I hope the Fins never have a glittering collection of skill player fantasy football stat producing studs.

That is not where smart teams put their money.

Build a strong OL for Tua and he will MAKE guys better.

I hope the Fins never have a glittering collection of skill player fantasy football stat producing studs.

That is not where smart teams put their money.

Build a strong OL for Tua and he will MAKE guys better.

On my fantasy team I had Thomas and Edelman. If you can give me one of those stat stuffing type studs in 2021, I take it and don't look back.

QB lead the team in rushing, an OL that barely pass protected for him -but those stinky WR’s..

How many got hurt last year or came back from injury?

Point being, let's see some growth and consistency before getting your choines in a bunch over a preseason ranking.

Back
Top Bottom