Fins receivers ranked 29th | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins receivers ranked 29th

Wilson has never been that guy and never will be that guy. he is a good third guy that is injured all the time but if he were number one he would struggle against top corners
What injuries has he had besides the hip in 2018?

29th rating for the wr unit is a joke.

you possibly got a 1 and a 1a wr and you are 29th?

bs

there is one small concern I have for this group as a whole, and I do include Gesicki in the receiver group..

do their skillsets matchup with Tuas skillsets..?

I think it’s safe to say that Fitz was successful last year because the receivers skillsets match up with how he likes to distribute the ball..big receivers going up for the ball is a good trait for a receiver to have..Bigger targets for lesser accurate qb helps.

We also have evidence watching Tua that he is a rhythm precision type Qb, he wants you to be at an exact point in the field at an exact time, cause that’s hows he’s going to lead you with the ball and create chuck yardage, we’re talking Bill Walsh principles of the west coast offense.

Is our group of receivers like those west coast style receivers? I dont think so, but how much Tua can adapt I’ll never underestimate.

Last edited:
29th rating for the wr unit is a joke.

you possibly got a 1 and a 1a wr and you are 29th?

bs

As we all know, put Miami's -19 receivers on the '19 Chiefs or Saints and convince me they're 29th. Put thet '19 Chiefs and Saints receivers on the '19 Dolphins and convince me their ranking wouldn't fall. I know it's said to often - football is a team sport. Miami's receivers easily have the talent to exceed 29th, but, they have to deliver.

again, I can't find any documentation on this. Anything you recall specifically?

just this last season exited game one after six snaps to calf injury Missed 3 games during that time also had nagging hip injury
rib injury left game week 12.
Missed half the season in 2018 due to injury
Missed 3 games due to hamstring and knee issues in 2017
missed 2 games to shoulder issue and reoccurring hamstring issues in 2015.

My comment was game or two and in all seasons but one he has had just that.
Parker has had his share of injuries also but has been much more productive than Wilson

just this last season exited game one after six snaps to calf injury Missed 3 games during that time also had nagging hip injury
rib injury left game week 12.
Missed half the season in 2018 due to injury
Missed 3 games due to hamstring and knee issues in 2017
missed 2 games to shoulder issue and reoccurring hamstring issues in 2015.

My comment was game or two and in all seasons but one he has had just that.
Parker has had his share of injuries also but has been much more productive than Wilson
I guess I missed the "game or two and in all seasons but one" part. (actually 2?)
Could've swore I read "injured all the time" and "always has an injury"

I guess I missed the "game or two and in all seasons but one" part. (actually 2?)
Could've swore I read "injured all the time" and "always has an injury"

Wilson is a JAG regardless that has made some big plays at times but is hardly anything special. He has never broke 45 catches or 600 yards in his six seasons in the NFL. Allen Hurns was just as productive if not more so last season. neither guy will probably be here next year.

Wilson is a JAG regardless that has made some big plays at times but is hardly anything special. He has never broke 45 catches or 600 yards in his six seasons in the NFL. Allen Hurns was just as productive if not more so last season. neither guy will probably be here next year.
Can't argue with that, although Wilson is supposedly a leader in the locker room so he might stick around

Can't argue with that, although Wilson is supposedly a leader in the locker room so he might stick around

For the right price no issue with that. We quite over paid for him as a free agent but at a lower price he is palatable.
The issue I see is we could use another receiver so is it worth it to keep a vet as the 4th guy for what he may ask for

For the right price no issue with that. We quite over paid for him as a free agent but at a lower price he is palatable.
The issue I see is we could use another receiver so is it worth it to keep a vet as the 4th guy for what he may ask for

To state the obvious, he'll stay until Flo finds someone significantly better or just as good for significantly less. His productivity isn't the concern - it's his productivity compared to his replacement

To state the obvious, he'll stay until Flo finds someone significantly better or just as good for significantly less. His productivity isn't the concern - it's his productivity compared to his replacement
That level of productivity is pretty damn easy to find in fact Hurns is just as productive already

Back
Top Bottom