Fins sign LB Malik Reed | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins sign LB Malik Reed

Liking the less-heralded guys we're bringing in.

Guys like Reed and Bailey are here for a redemption year, and that's not a bad thing to add to your roster when they are young and have produced in the past.

Whether you like McDaniel or not, I think his being here is attractive to players. I think Florida's tax laws are attractive to players. With those two factors, the Dolphins might not have been as cap-limited as I thought, providing you have a guy at the controls who's somewhat competent.
If Fangio likes a player I don’t GAF what anyone here thinks. Jus sayin

If Fangio believes he can be useful enough to sign, that’s good enough for me.

It’s a much more worthwhile opinion and endorsement than the weekend warrior GM’s that watched youtube clips, read stats, then offered up their hot takes.
Yea. We paid Fangio a trillion dollars to be the DC. Does anybody think Grier won't let the guy pick who he wants on D?

Don't think AVG will be back. Baker's versatility and now with Reed signed, Miami has some potential depth in the pass rush dept.
Baker makes the plays he should make but he's liability in coverage, no game changing plays, Malik Reed could challenge him for playing time.

Baker makes the plays he should make but he's liability in coverage, no game changing plays, Malik Reed could challenge him for playing time.
I agree that there's no guarantee Baker is even on this team, but Reed and Baker play different positions.

I don’t think it suggests that. It certainly doesn’t say that, because it wasn’t my intention. Lots of signings are just ho-hum, back of roster players without much upside competing to show they can fill snaps without causing any problems. That’s what this is. Nothing more, nothing less.
Agreed. I think Reed will see the field plenty but I still think we make a larger LB move.

I have to say, this is awesome. We had a pronounced weakness at the linebacker position. Now we've brought in Chubb, Long, and Reed to go with Baker. That, to me, looks strong. Couple that with the fact that Chubb and Reed have played together and played for Fangio, along with the addition of Ramsey, and it looks to me like our defense could actually be a strong suit again.

Loving this!

I have to say, this is awesome. We had a pronounced weakness at the linebacker position. Now we've brought in Chubb, Long, and Reed to go with Baker. That, to me, looks strong. Couple that with the fact that Chubb and Reed have played together and played for Fangio, along with the addition of Ramsey, and it looks to me like our defense could actually be a strong suit again.

Loving this!
Yes I think we got more athletic at LB

Back
Top Bottom