Fins sign LB Malik Reed | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins sign LB Malik Reed

Liked our defenses ability to scoop and score. Hope that continues. Dont forget to keep a couple guys around that can find the football. Lets Go Dolphins!!

This looks awesome!

Still waiting on the offensive line help wtf
I told Cuz that you were getting anxious and he said Chad’s just gonna have to ****in wait… Tell him to learn a little patience and humility pls.

Straight from Chris Grier’s mouth. I **** you not. Now please behave. 🥱

He watches this board from a far you know

Liking the less-heralded guys we're bringing in.

Guys like Reed and Bailey are here for a redemption year, and that's not a bad thing to add to your roster when they are young and have produced in the past.

Whether you like McDaniel or not, I think his being here is attractive to players. I think Florida's tax laws are attractive to players. With those two factors, the Dolphins might not have been as cap-limited as I thought, providing you have a guy at the controls who's somewhat competent.

Looks like a Van Ginkle kind of SSLB to me. Was an Edge in college, but doesn't really have the size or elite talent to thrive anywhere in the NFL.
A productive sub-package player and special teamer to replace Van Ginkle.

Taking a second look... I think Reed's competition is Cameron Goode. One or the other makes the roster as third Edge... and the other can go either way as we are replacing Ingram, Flowers (IR) and Van Ginkle.

Your post suggest that it does.
I don’t think it suggests that. It certainly doesn’t say that, because it wasn’t my intention. Lots of signings are just ho-hum, back of roster players without much upside competing to show they can fill snaps without causing any problems. That’s what this is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hopefully there will be a more aggresive attitude.
The defense is going to be different.
I might put some money on Miami this year.

Taking a second look... I think Reed's competition is Cameron Goode. One or the other makes the roster as third Edge... and the other can go either way as we are replacing Ingram, Flowers (IR) and Van Ginkle.
Regarding depth on defense…

At this point, Miami hasn’t been rumored interested in any DT FAs. With J. Jenkins unsigned and Wilkins/Seiler contracts coming up, should Miami fortify with a mid-tier back-up? I don’t know anything about Bronson/Twyman.

Nope, but do tell. I'm all ears!!! LOLOLOLOLOL 😂 😂 😂
listen i can't hear you GIF by NBC't hear you GIF by NBC
Mrs. Potato Head. - rLOL

I don’t think it suggests that. It certainly doesn’t say that, because it wasn’t my intention. Lots of signings are just ho-hum, back of roster players without much upside competing to show they can fill snaps without causing any problems. That’s what this is. Nothing more, nothing less.
That is what I think too. Nothing wrong with that, everyone needs depth.

Back
Top Bottom